G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Financing A g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is really the wrong forum to be asking about credit/financing. go ask suze orman.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Aquarius
im 23..and i just recently got my g35 for 17k.. and an ex35 for 31k.. biatch, my credit is awesome i can afford TWO cars all by myself

but yea, drive ur beater around till it dies. i went thru college without a car. got my credit card at 18. kept using it to buy stuff. got another credit card and kept buying stuff. but i ALWAYS paid it off the moment I put money on there. dont put stuff on there unless you don't know you can pay it off. be responsible. but ur 19. so i dont expect you to learn that lesson till ure like 25.

you're 19. dont go trying to get a g35 just so u can show off to girls. wait till u make enough money. if u can make $600 payments a month for car payments, insurance, and oh **** that didnt just happen money THEN start thinking about something over $14k
Pm me your address so I can send you a cookie.

When you make enough money to truly afford a car is when your car payment + insurance is no more than 15-20% of your monthly income, at least that's my thoughts on it. @ 23 I'd be more into the "oh **** im getting old I need to get my own house" funds.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
@ 23 I'd be more into the "oh **** im getting old I need to get my own house" funds.

+1 on that. Around 23-24 I stopped caring about my car and image to others and more of "Oh ****, I need a house so i have a place to live!"

You can't live in your car...no matter how nice it is. And girls might think you have money if you drive a nice car, but as soon as they find out you live in your mom's basement, they leave

Trust me...there will be a day when your car goes unwashed for 3 weeks...and your front wheels are black...and you don't care simply because you need to pay for a new central A/C unit, or some plumbing repairs, or you want to put a new deck and/or pool in.

THEN you look back and your younger days and say "Holy ****, why did I waste so much money on cars! I was an idiot!"

Trust me....you younger guys will see what I mean and hopefully some of the guys in their late 20's to almost 30 have realized this by now.

Then, when you settle down with a nice house, hot wife and a couple kids...that's when you find you have time and money to spend on a toy car

Old 06-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmcohen23
I recall when I was trying to get a home loan back in 2001, I had no credit history either. one of the banks mentioned that as an alternative, if I could provide proof from 3 different companies that I have been paying my bills on time, then that would suffice. I got letters from my cell phone company, apartment, and cable company confirming that I have paid bills in full and on time.

hope this helps.
i had to do the same thing.. im 25 and still have never owned a credit card.... i have a house and 2 cars.. and the last time i applied for a credit card, i was still denied ..and my credit score was really damn good!
Originally Posted by kable33
Try going to a local credit union. You may have to provide 2 recent pay stubs, and open up a savings account with them, but generally speaking they seem to be more lenient in approving loans at reasonable interest rates.
yes, join a credit union