G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help!

so i recently put on 350z revised springs on my 05 g35 sedan, i have the sports shocks. After it was put on, i drove it and i feel the car swaying left to right and on the freeway if i hit a bump it wud pull me hard towards the direction im going. a week later i aligned it and its still doing the same thing. what gives? alignment specs are matching, my rear tires are brand new, fronts need to be replaced but its not uneven.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I would almost suggest one of your springs is not seated correctly, but 1. I'm not even sure that's possible and 2. I would think you'd never achieve proper alignment.

Anyone else?

Old 06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by fluxcapacitor
so i recently put on 350z revised springs on my 05 g35 sedan, i have the sports shocks. After it was put on, i drove it and i feel the car swaying left to right and on the freeway if i hit a bump it wud pull me hard towards the direction im going. a week later i aligned it and its still doing the same thing. what gives? alignment specs are matching, my rear tires are brand new, fronts need to be replaced but its not uneven.
I know exactly what you're talking about. The issue is mostly related to those rear Z springs. I don't know exactly what the issue is with them, but they do seem to cause some of that swaying and bump steer when hitting bumps. Installing coupe springs out back will fix most of the problem. Though, it will be there in a small amount. It's just the nature of running a lowered suspension. You could adjust front and rear toe a bit (toe-in more upfront, less toe out back), but it won't do a whole lot. Replace the front tires too. Why? The rears have a lot more tread therefore there's more tread block movement out back.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wierd. i installed the revised Z spring/shock combo at all 4 corners. after an alignment (back into specs) the car drives great. your problem couldn't be related to the shocks, could it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.