G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Rattling rear windows warranty question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattling rear windows warranty question

Car: 2005 Sedan just out of manufacturer's warranty.

My rear windows rattle when going over bumps and I read that there was a TSB about this. I took the car to Infiniti today and they said this is not covered by my Elite extended warranty as fixing it will be an adjustment and not a parts replacement. I questioned this and they said that is just the way it is and that at worst they will charge 115 for the inspection. They are going to contact 'head office' to confirm this apparently.

There is also a small leak coming down the parking brake when I drive extended distances - probably washer fluid. This is also apparently not covered.

I have never owned an Infiniti before - is this reasonable?

Thanks.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
the rear window rattle is fixed by replacing the regulator bolts. The factory ones are too long. It should clearly state the procedure in the TSB, I would print it out and bring it in to them.

I thought the elite extended warranty was an extension to the 4 yr/60K warranty, idk why they are denying the work.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Thank you.

For forum reference this is Crest Infiniti in Plano, TX.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just had my regulator bolts replaced free of charge and I have the Elite Extended Warranty. Not sure if it mattered that I still have a few months left on my original warranty. Regardless, from what I understood when I purchased the Elite plan was that it was an extension of the bumper-to-bumper coverage.

My question is are you sure it is the same issue covered in the TSB? You describe it as a rattle, but mine was more of a squeaking noise. Anyway, I would just do what RADIOGUY suggested and print off a copy of the TSB to show them. It sounds like they don't know what they are talking about because it is a very common issue that should definitely be covered under warranty.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Shouldnt they cover it if its bumper to bumper?

Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I have an 05 and had the same issue. Go to http://www.infinitihelp.com/ print out the PDF of the TSB and give it to them when you go there. It was fixed free of charge for me as well. But a pain in the *** when they only fixed one door and then the mechanic had an attitude with me to fix the other. Make sure you check its fixed!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the responses.

I have spoken to Infiniti Customer Relations and will be hearing back from a regional manager tomorrow.

Crest Infiniti quoted me $220 per window +tax to sort out the windows but said they had no idea how to fix a drip onto my left foot whilst driving. The representative said it has been known to happen in high heat and humidity - he even said it occasionally happens on the passenger side. I live in Texas - high heat and humidity are a fact of life in summer. So far, I am not overly impressed.

My understanding was that the Elite Warranty was an extension of the existing one but the dealer said it is not and only covers part replacements not 'adjustments'.

I will take the TSB in tomorrow and continue the discussion. So far though, this has left a rather sour taste in my mouth. They might just have got away with the window rattling issue but playing dumb over a leak into the driver footwell is weak.

Last edited by Alex_187; 06-30-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHAT THE FUDGE!!!
no bro dont pay this amount. Just go to nissan and order the regulator bolts and do it yourself.

In this thread it mentions the bolt number that you need to get.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...i-covered.html

After you get the bolts, there is i DIY on how to take off the panels from the doors. If i come across it i will post up the link.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 PM
ok dude here is the link on how to remove the door panels, after you get the bolts from nissan, follow this DIY and the rest should be pretty explanitory. Good luck and have fun doing it

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html

Old 06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I took my car to the dealer here in Austin in March for the same problem. Took the TSB and they fixed both back windows (new regulator bolts) for a total of $58. And I was out of warranty!! No more squeaks

Sounds like you are getting jacked. Get on customer service's butt about this.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Yup i agree with blue dream, get on that a$$ dont let them rip you off, if they still being little D!ck$ about it just do it yourself, you have the directions on my last post.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex_187
My understanding was that the Elite Warranty was an extension of the existing one but the dealer said it is not and only covers part replacements not 'adjustments'.
This is the part I don't understand. WTH are they planning on adjusting? You don't adjust anything, you replace the bolts and it's fixed. End of story.

I agree with The next best, either b**ch until they do it for free or do it yourself. No way is this job worth $500.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Last year I paid $3 to get the shorter window regular bolts from the parts dept of the local Infiniti dealer and replaced the bolts myself using the DIY procedure as stated a few posts above. The rattles completely stopped after the bolt replacement.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
given that I sit in the backseat of my own car, how can I tell if my car needs this fix (or has been fixed). also, I do not hear any rattling noises, but then again, i don't really listen out for them or my music is playing rather loud....

Old 07-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I am registered on infinitihelp.com and I am unable to find the TSB for the back window rattle on a 05 G35X.

Actually I am not able to find any TSB's for that matter, I know there are some??
Any help would be much appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattling rear windows warranty question