G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Inertia saftey switch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2009 | 02:11 PM
|
Inertia saftey switch?

Anybody know where the inertia saftey switch is located on a 2003 g35 sedan?

Old 08-13-2009 | 02:45 PM
^^^WTF???

A brake pedal works.

Old 08-13-2009 | 02:47 PM
I believe he is refering to the illegal navigation hack that is illegal

Old 08-13-2009 | 02:55 PM
^^^ "inertia" safety?

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:01 PM
The navigation speed sensing switches use either gps movement or sometimes inertia switches to lock out the menus while you move.

I could be compeltely wrong here. He was very vauge. Who knows, maybe he ment the VDC switch.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:03 PM
He's referring to the fuel pump cutoff switch. It's called an "Intertia Safety Switch".

When you crash, it kills the fuel pump in case your car catches on fire...that way the pump doesn't feed fuel into the fire.

The Inertia safety switch is located in the trunk on the left side. There is a little "door" in the trunk liner. Open it and the switch is inside there.

In the days before key chip ignitions, tapping into the ISS made a great kill switch if you hid it well. No power to the pump and the car won't run.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:08 PM
|
no.......... when a car is in a accident it triggers a inertia saftey switch to cut the fuel supply. My g was rearended, I deal alot with fords and on fords this switch is located in the back of the vehicle, all you have to do is reset the switch and your car will resume getting fuel. Rather than roll my car off the trailer I would perfer to reset the switch and drive it off, I am just unaware of where the switch is on these cars, Infinity might refer to it as something else,fuel cut off switch or somthing along like that.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:10 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
An interia safety switch is usually in the trunk area. It's designed to cut off power to the fuel pump during an accident.(so if the ign is "on" and the fuel line is cut, it doesn't pour fuel all over the place)

Whether or not the G35 has one, I don't know. I quick glance at my manual didn't show.

But the owner's manual probably would be an easier place to find it.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:18 PM
Well, i just looke din my trunk. I think i was thinking of another vehicle because I couldn't find the ISS in my trunk.

Not even sure the G35 has one at all. Perhaps it uses another method to kill the pump?

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:22 PM
I don’t know about any inertia switch... and I don’t know how the system would know if the fuel lines was "cut" - but I can tell you it has no idea if the o-ring from the inlet tube to the fuel rail (sub-tube to fuel tube
) has a chunk taken out of it... because it spews fuel and has no inclination to shut down. (just happened to me last night)

BTW, Nissan doesn’t stock that damn O-Ring (just like they don’t stock the rad drain plug or purge plug)...

I need to stock up of different size o-rings

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:29 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
If in an accident, an interia switch(by definition) is designed to cut off power to the fuel pump IN CASE a line was ruptured etc....

It was never designed to detect a cut fuel line, as the name "intertia switch" clearly clarfies.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:31 PM
|
After 30 min on the phone with the dealer I finnally got someone to inform me that infinti does not use ISS anymore.....lucky me. Thanks for all the help though.

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:32 PM
yes, it senses the impact and cuts off the fuel pump. It only works on impact. It won't kill the pump if there is a leak. Ford uses it in their vehicles. When i changed fuel filters, i would disconnect it to kill the fuel pump with the engine running so i didn't get gas everywhere. A BIG pothole too would sometimes trip it.

Like i said before, tapping into the signal wire and hiding a switch made a great kill switch. Without a fuel pump, engine doesn't run.

With that said, no idea where it is in the G35. A google search turns up nothing at all. Prob isn't one.

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 08-13-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2009 | 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If in an accident, an interia switch(by definition) is designed to cut off power to the fuel pump IN CASE a line was ruptured etc....

It was never designed to detect a cut fuel line, as the name "intertia switch" clearly clarfies.
First of all, the term “inertia switch” doesn’t “clearly clarify” anything… secondly I used the exact phrasing “cut fuel line” that was used in post prior to mine – third, whether the line was cut, ruptured or any other deviation really doesn’t matter – presumably the function is to cut fuel if there is any leak? Well, I already told you it does not. My car was spewing fuel from the fuel rail and would have continued to do so until it emptied.

Do we really have to debate everything?

Old 08-13-2009 | 03:46 PM
Red Card Crew
Premier Member
Originally Posted by OCG35
First of all, the term “inertia switch” doesn’t “clearly clarify” anything… secondly I used the exact phrasing “cut fuel line” that was used in post prior to mine – third, whether the line was cut, ruptured or any other deviation really doesn’t matter – presumably the function is to cut fuel if there is any leak? Well, I already told you it does not. My car was spewing fuel from the fuel rail and would have continued to do so until it emptied.

Do we really have to debate everything?
You presume wrong. I've already stated (as well as many others) as to the design of said swtich. That's great that you told me it does not as I never said it was a "cut fuel line" detector.

My quote as to it's function:
It's designed to cut off power to the fuel pump during an accident
Where is the fuel line cut detection said, clarified, implied or even rumored? The part in () clarifies a typical situation NOT definition

Interia switch explains alot as to HOW it work (and how it doesn't). It's a switch designed to change position based on movement. In this case the interia of the mechanism inside the switch relative to the interia of a moving car that's now suddenly stopped.

Does this really have to be explained yet again? Perhaps, since you had no idea what one was at post #2.. I'm sure you can ramble on for 3-4 pages on a reference in ( ) that had nothing to do with the defintion and make it the main point of your contention. Just ignore the fact that my definition mirrors everyone else that knew what one was.

Last edited by Jeff92se; 08-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Inertia saftey switch?