G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How much is the 30k Maintenance service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much is the 30k Maintenance service?

that you get done from the dealership? About how much has everyone paid?

Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got a way with one kidney left... Stealerships suck. No wonder Infiniti SM went out of business. What are you looking to get done? If you look at what they include in a 30K, it's not that much. Don't know why they charge so much.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car's prervious owner paid $411, which i thought was a bit of money for (in his case) mostly a oil/filter/cabin air filter/wiper change + inspections.

but, having said that, in the short time that i have owned the car, my dealership experiences have been very very positive... i guess time will tell if these experiences are positive enough for me justify paying a bit more.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
each dealership has their own "special" so you'll need to call and ask what comes in the 30K service they provide.

Personally, most of the stuff I do myself. Just save receipts and keep a log of what you did at what mileage and date. That way if anything ever arrises down the road, you have proof you were servicing the vehicle.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why not just do it your self? u'll save hundreds

just an idea

Old 08-25-2009, 03:56 PM
DIY with Coolant drain, Castrol Syntec w/ Puraltor Pure one filter, Amsoil tranny and diff oil cost me ~$140 in parts.
These are typically what you need for 30k. Stealership put low grade oil with many inspections cost over $600 in my area.

The reason I avoid to go back to dealer is also because they lost 2 screws on the splash shield. They don't really pay too much attention to your car as you think they do.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yup. I did all the fluid changes myself and must have saved a fortune and will continue the trend. I was a nervous wreck doing my first oil change but each time I do it, it just gets easier.

Now thinking back of the days when Infiniti charges me $50 bucks for conventional oil...*GEEZ* I change it with synthetic and a good quality filter for under $30 bucks. I heard cabin filter is $90 bucks at the dealer. That is such a joke. Cabin filter at Advance Auto cost me $12 I think and takes me about 15 minutes to swap it.

Last edited by mikeee2; 08-25-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
Yup. I did all the fluid changes myself and must have saved a fortune and will continue the trend. I was a nervous wreck doing my first oil change but each time I do it, it just gets easier.

Now thinking back of the days when Infiniti charges me $50 bucks for conventional oil...*GEEZ* I change it with synthetic and a good quality filter for under $30 bucks. I heard cabin filter is $90 bucks at the dealer. That is such a joke. Cabin filter at Advance Auto cost me $12 I think and takes me about 15 minutes to swap it.
Mikeee, I am exactly in your shoes. After they lost the screws and reading posts about how cheap the OEM filters are. I am not paying them ~$50 for an oil change.
I once ask how much it is to change the cabin filter and they said $100. Then they ask if I would like to do it, and I said, I changed it already...he is not happy about it...

Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by kailep
mikeee, i am exactly in your shoes. After they lost the screws and reading posts about how cheap the oem filters are. I am not paying them ~$50 for an oil change.
I once ask how much it is to change the cabin filter and they said $100. Then they ask if i would like to do it, and i said, i changed it already...he is not happy about it...
Haha...that's a good one.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I already know I gave my $.02, but here's $.02 more I do all the work on my car myself... An oil change ($25), coolant flush ($15), steering fluid flush ($7), brake fluid flush ($5), rear diff fluid replacement ($30), MT fluid replacement ($50), belt replacement ($30). Dealer wanted $600 even without the tranny and diff replacement. Um... what does that buy me exactly. So again it goes back to what they give you. Most 30K services are glorified oil changes. If you don't want to do the work yourself, I think you'd be able to piece together the critical work for less than what some dealer's "specials" are. You're lucky in today's economy, since you might get lucky on a good deal. OK, done rambling.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Gotta remember who most of Infiniti's customer base is....older, mature white-collar people. These are the people purchasing new Infiniti's for $35K+. I'd bet the vast majority of them never even open the hood, so they will gladly pay $50 for an oil change.

Most here are the enthusiast type and would rather do the work themselves because they enjoy it, and want to see it done right.

Even if maintainece was free, i'd prob still do it myself so i know what fluids go in. I use conventional engine oil (personal preference) but I still want to use the oil and filter of my choice over dealer stuff.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I work in sales at a Lexus dealer, and much like the customer base at a Infiniti dealer, the typical folks here have no problem buying $40K+ cars. Usually when I get customers inquiring the cost of an oil change at Lexus (which is around $40-$50), they come from a previous BMW or Mercedes where an oil change starts around $90! It's insane what customers are willing to pay for a 15-30 min oil change, whereas most of us like myself take the time to do the work ourselves, save some money and get the job done right.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Benz is rediculous with their Service Packages.

Service A is a glorfied oil change and is usually $189 at most dealers.

And this is what you get with your $190 oil change

Interior
· Function check
· Check warning and indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting
· Check windshield wiper, windshield washer system, headlamp cleaning system
· Reset maintenance service counter in instrument cluster

Wheels, brakes
· Check front brake pads for lining thickness
· Check tires for damage, condition
· Correct tire inflation pressure

Engine compartment
· Change engine oil and filter
· Fluid level checks of the following:
· Engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection
· Windshield washer system
· Brake system
· Check and correct battery fluid level
· Check battery condition
· Check catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood for proper operation

Trunk
· Correct tire inflation pressure in spare tire

Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Benz is rediculous with their Service Packages.

Service A is a glorfied oil change and is usually $189 at most dealers.

And this is what you get with your $190 oil change

Interior
· Function check
· Check warning and indicator lamps, illumination and interior lighting
· Check windshield wiper, windshield washer system, headlamp cleaning system
· Reset maintenance service counter in instrument cluster

Wheels, brakes
· Check front brake pads for lining thickness
· Check tires for damage, condition
· Correct tire inflation pressure

Engine compartment
· Change engine oil and filter
· Fluid level checks of the following:
· Engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection
· Windshield washer system
· Brake system
· Check and correct battery fluid level
· Check catch, safety catch and hinges on engine hood for proper operation

Trunk
· Correct tire inflation pressure in spare tire
HAHA...funny reading through it. Most of it is just visual inspection and then they bend you over for $190.

They probably have you sit on some $8,000 sofa with 70 inch TV and a gold crown on your head while you are waiting for the GLORIFIED oil change.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Biggest PITA about the oil change is removing that cover. I think it took me 20 mins to remove that, 10 to change the oil, and another 20 to put the cover back on. There were also two screws missing from whoever had been changing it in the past. I really need to get some ramps because the jack I used for my F150 doesn't come close to fitting under the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How much is the 30k Maintenance service?