G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

2 problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
2 problems

lights for the clock don't work and my front 2 windows make alot of noise, bodyshop said i need a window regulator for the driver's side, is loose and it makes a clicking sound, is actually ripping up my window tint on the driver's side, any1 else have to replace the window regulators?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
lights for the clock don't work and my front 2 windows make alot of noise, bodyshop said i need a window regulator for the driver's side, is loose and it makes a clicking sound, is actually ripping up my window tint on the driver's side, any1 else have to replace the window regulators?
03-04 model clock has back lights?
i didn't know that

Old 10-05-2009, 02:16 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
How the hell else would we see it?

Blkonblk, I did this last week. Super easy you don't need to replace ****.

1. Pull the door panel off. Slot at bottom of aluminum trim slot head under pops off easy. Two bolts behind that and one in the door handle. Remove those then wiggle it off. I does need some force. A screw will probably fall out of them bottom of the panel or will be somewhere around there.
2. Put the car into the on position.
3. Roll the window down all the way and right where your tint is ripping you will see a weird metal hanger/hook/arm with fingers kind of thing.
4. What you need to do is push it against the door frame and put the screw that fell out of the door panel back into it. I used a long screw driver wrapped in a thick towel to push it away from the glass and then another screwdriver to get the hole into position with the hole on the panel. push it tight against the panel after it's in position then put the screw in.
5. Book your retint. Mines Wednesday

Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Don't forget:
Step 3.5: Put loc-tite on the screw before putting it back in. Blue loc-tite should be sufficient here.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah my 04s drivers window makes a loud thunk when it's rolled up, now that your mentioning it.... Wonder if it's something similiar?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
i guess im gonna have to give it a shot, thanks guys, it makes a clicking noise if you have the window halfway up and then you roll it all the way up, if is all the way down and i roll it up is like is struggling to roll up. The clock light doesn't work ever since me and my friend removed the clock bezel to paint it, we plugged it back in and then the lights are off, now i can't see the clock at night, i don't know if i burned a fuse. Whenever i had the lights on the clock go off it was a fuse problem that also affects the gauges, but the gauges are fine

Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
How the hell else would we see it?

Blkonblk, I did this last week. Super easy you don't need to replace ****.

1. Pull the door panel off. Slot at bottom of aluminum trim slot head under pops off easy. Two bolts behind that and one in the door handle. Remove those then wiggle it off. I does need some force. A screw will probably fall out of them bottom of the panel or will be somewhere around there.
2. Put the car into the on position.
3. Roll the window down all the way and right where your tint is ripping you will see a weird metal hanger/hook/arm with fingers kind of thing.
4. What you need to do is push it against the door frame and put the screw that fell out of the door panel back into it. I used a long screw driver wrapped in a thick towel to push it away from the glass and then another screwdriver to get the hole into position with the hole on the panel. push it tight against the panel after it's in position then put the screw in.
5. Book your retint. Mines Wednesday

IS that all it is? My driver's window makes a "thunk thunk thunk" as it nears the top. The car is at the dealer right now under warranty but I was afraid to mention this as the window's have been tinted and was thinking they'd say the tinter did it.

If it's just a screw, i can do that myself

Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Yea that's probably it. Does it make a rattling noise when you close it and the door is down?

And they can't really say anything about the tint. The tinter doesn't take the door panel off to tint the window. The worst that will happen is they will say No.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Hmm, unsure about the rattle when i close the door. I don't think so. I'll have to check

I wonder if i can bring it up now. I'm actually about to leave to go pick up the car. Gotta turn in my '08 G35x loaner. I was enjoying it....it's def faster than my '06 and I love the raspy exhaust note!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
My clock light went out on my g. Cost me 50 bucks to get it fixed..

Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM
i think it makes a noise when u close the door im not sure, but you can wiggle the window back and forth like is loose

Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
blkonblk im pretty sure the light on the clock isn't hard to fix, probably need a new bulb or something.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Yea man it's super easy it's one two LEDs. $50 for that is nuts.

You took your dash apart for your double din didn't you?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 PM
^my friend took it apart when he installed my double din, but my other friend took apart the bezel where the clock is located to paint it, when he plugged it back in is when i noticed that the lights werent on anymore, and he said that what he only unplugged 1 thing which is for the heater and ac temperature and he plugged it back in, i think i only had 1 led working instead of both, maybe this one burned out

Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
There might on;y be one actually, I can't rememeber. I just remember the photos lit from both sides.

Search Cluster color change or something like that. It's the guy that changed all this dash LEDs to blue. I can't remember his handle at all. He has a full write up with photos about taking apart the dash and what not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 problems