G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

looking at getting a g35, any known problems or quirks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking at getting a g35, any known problems or quirks?

ive been lurking teh G forums for a while and ive been looking for the right car for the money and i believe i have found one. its an 03 sedan with 118k on it. my questions are what are known problems and quirks that i may run into with owning a G? ive heard that tire wear is a BIG issue and i know about the radio and ac controls going out, which can be fixed with a new head unit install. are there any other knows issues with the engine or transmission, and what is the extent of this tire wear problem. thanks guys

Old 10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
If the moneys there, why would you get a car with 118k on it? 03 sedans are fairly cheap now you should keep searching, but definitely stick with the g35 you wont be disappointed. As for tire wear, that has nothing to do with the g35 alone. Thats because people run different offsets, etc. I never had any problems with tire wear on my stock wheels the tires lasted a long *** time

Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
yeah stock tire wear is just like any other car..... that source is wrong, but the G35 is a great car and for the most part the issues you are going to run into are going to be normal with any car..... . As long as the previous owner didn't drive it like they stole it, changed fluids regularly you should be money. Just search around the forums.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by lerk
If the moneys there, why would you get a car with 118k on it? 03 sedans are fairly cheap now you should keep searching, but definitely stick with the g35 you wont be disappointed. As for tire wear, that has nothing to do with the g35 alone. Thats because people run different offsets, etc. I never had any problems with tire wear on my stock wheels the tires lasted a long *** time
i have a limit id like to spend on a car at this time ad this one is actually under the limit. if its a generally problem free car i dont mind buying one used with this kind of mileage one it, especially for the price it is.

for some reason i thought that Gs generally had a problem with premature tire wear from what im always reading from reviews

Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Like lerk said, with a drop and offsets yeah... your going to have camber problems, other then that no. Also the price better be cheap!

Are you getting the car for any specific reasons? Do you plan on trying to make it more performance or show or are you just content with stock?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Heist.
yeah stock tire wear is just like any other car..... that source is wrong, but the G35 is a great car and for the most part the issues you are going to run into are going to be normal with any car..... . As long as the previous owner didn't drive it like they stole it, changed fluids regularly you should be money. Just search around the forums.
yeah that could be what most people are referring to in their reviews, the stock tire wear. that just seems to be the most comment complaint i see about them.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Heist.
Like lerk said, with a drop and offsets yeah... your going to have camber problems, other then that no. Also the price better be cheap!

Are you getting the car for any specific reasons? Do you plan on trying to make it more performance or show or are you just content with stock?
yeah the price is 7500. like i said, i dont have a problem getting a car with 118k on it. i bought my current car with 168k on it and have driven it for 7 years and it now has 225k on it.

i want it because id like to stick with a comfortable sedan and the G seems to offer that. id also like a car that is more performance oriented than my current. which the G fits as well.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah seems like a good idea. Just this car is nor cheap or easy to modify in a lot of senses just wanted to see what you wanted out of it. Great car thought I still praise it.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Is it automatic?. There's not really major common problems, just things like brake pads not lasting, break dust on OEM pads on the 03, sometimes window issues, headlights fogging up, fuses burning out ,among a few other things

Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
Is it automatic?. There's not really major common problems, just things like brake pads not lasting, break dust on OEM pads on the 03, sometimes window issues, headlights fogging up, fuses burning out ,among a few other things
yes it is auto. i have heard about window problems as well. and yeah ive seen plenty with headlights fogged up

Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
The way I see it, at 118K, if the engine or trans was gonna crap the bed, it would have done so alaready.

At that sort of mileage, you are looking to put money into wear and tear items like brakes, shocks, exhaust components, etc.

There are minor issues, but all cars have them. Axle click, rear windows clicking, Valve covers leaking, compression rods, etc.

I don't have any probs with tire wear. The probs usually are when guys improperly lower their car or lower them too much and the camber is way off. If you buy one at stock height, you shouldn't have any issues with tire wear from what you'd expect

Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
VERY few powertrian problems, any problems are usually cosmetic or minor

I have a 04 with 62k and have not had any problems.

No headlight fog, no trans slip, no window problems, no oil consumption or leaking

Im really glad I chose to buy the car. The only thing is that maintenance can get a little high, but its worth it

Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Here's a couple things to check on it that I don't recall being on most lists of points to check when buying one:

Check the hood hinges - wiggle it up and down a few times fairly quickly to see if one (probably the passenger) side feels stiffer than the other. Make sure you get white lithium grease (cheap) on it ASAP and work it in for ~10min.

Put CDs in all six slots of the CD changer and make sure all six will play.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
thanks alot for the input guys. im probably going and looking at it again this afternoon. the dealership wasnt open yesterday

Old 10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 was the first year for the G, thus, I personally try to shy away from first year model cars (as they typically spend the next couple of years ironing out the bugs).

see if you can get the maintanence history report from the dealer (or Infiniti). that should give you an idea of what typical problems were fixed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking at getting a g35, any known problems or quirks?