G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

oem kit question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2009 | 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
different stokes for different folks.... personally I'd stay stock rather than spend over 1K for a look that is over done and around for 6 years.

Some of us think different than others though.... I've never been one to look like a bunch of others anyway ~
Those two statements make NO sense whatsoever.

Old 12-06-2009 | 02:41 PM
you over-exaggerate the poly vs fg... I've got FG all over my car - no problems... lots of guys have been running custom fg body kits for years. Every one of the fore mentioned look/fit as good or better than the nismo.

There are boatloads of fg body kits coming out for the sedan... do you really think all these things could happen if it was the disaster that you portray?

Wake up and realize fg isn't the evil entity you think it is.
I highly doubt any FG kit fits as good as the OEM kit. That's a pretty bold claim after the pics I posted of the ill fitting Rookie bumper and even Rookie claimed it wasn't deisigned for an OEM fit. The Nismo kit was desiged by Nissan engineers. FG kits are made by guys in shops and garages. There is a huge difference. Fiberglass is easy and cheap to make. That's why there are 400 kits for Hondas and all these new G kits as well. Poly urethane is plastic and requires are more elaborate design and manufacturing process. To claim FG is just as strong as PU is crazy. PU can bend and flex. FG is far more rigid and usually thinner therefore it's impact resistance is far lower.

You don't live in an area that sees snow. A FG bumper isn't going to last when you've got to plow thru 5"+ of snow or have to deal with cars on the highway loosing sheets of frozen snow off their roofs. Same goes for the sills. Large chunks of frozen snow, ice, and sand will obliterate FG. I see wrecked FG kits on nearly a daily basis.

Just because the Nismo kit is 7 years old now doesn't mean it's dated. It's super clean and not everyone is trying to be wildly different like many in Socal where the goal is clearly to out-do one another, regardless if it looks crappy or not. A lot of us prefer the clean look rather than a something like the Rookie that has a weird overbite or other bumpers on the market that have lines, grilles, openings, etc that don't match the overall lines/design of the car.

FG isn't evil. However IMO, it's best left to show cars that see minimal street use and to guys who have connections to body shops that can blend them in since the fit is never quite like stock.

Old 12-06-2009 | 02:58 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
nice car pose in your avatar
I noticed this a week or two ago. You, Chris, Tim, Vivek, and I think somebody else, all had the same shot as your avatar at the same time

Old 12-06-2009 | 05:51 PM
^ and Marcus

Old 12-06-2009 | 06:02 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
different stokes for different folks.... personally I'd stay stock rather than spend over 1K for a look that is over done and around for 6 years.

Some of us think different than others though.... I've never been one to look like a bunch of others anyway ~
If someone spends 1 G to make their car look look clean and subtle like the OEM kit, what's the big deal? You could be equally criticized for spending thousands on body modification to create a unique look, which upon casual inspection of the rear end reveals a look too similar to the Lexus IS

GL op, I share your opinion of the clean and subtle hotness of the full nismo kit.

Originally Posted by DaveB
I highly doubt any FG kit fits as good as the OEM kit. That's a pretty bold claim after the pics I posted of the ill fitting Rookie bumper and even Rookie claimed it wasn't deisigned for an OEM fit. The Nismo kit was desiged by Nissan engineers. FG kits are made by guys in shops and garages. There is a huge difference. Fiberglass is easy and cheap to make. That's why there are 400 kits for Hondas and all these new G kits as well. Poly urethane is plastic and requires are more elaborate design and manufacturing process. To claim FG is just as strong as PU is crazy. PU can bend and flex. FG is far more rigid and usually thinner therefore it's impact resistance is far lower.

You don't live in an area that sees snow. A FG bumper isn't going to last when you've got to plow thru 5"+ of snow or have to deal with cars on the highway loosing sheets of frozen snow off their roofs. Same goes for the sills. Large chunks of frozen snow, ice, and sand will obliterate FG. I see wrecked FG kits on nearly a daily basis.

Just because the Nismo kit is 7 years old now doesn't mean it's dated. It's super clean and not everyone is trying to be wildly different like many in Socal where the goal is clearly to out-do one another, regardless if it looks crappy or not. A lot of us prefer the clean look rather than a something like the Rookie that has a weird overbite or other bumpers on the market that have lines, grilles, openings, etc that don't match the overall lines/design of the car.

FG isn't evil. However IMO, it's best left to show cars that see minimal street use and to guys who have connections to body shops that can blend them in since the fit is never quite like stock.
Agreed!

Last edited by Texan1; 12-06-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2009 | 06:24 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
Originally Posted by blkonblkGsedan
^ and Marcus
You sure? I though about Marcus, but then I don't think he's changed his... unless he changed it back?

Old 12-06-2009 | 06:37 PM
^Ernie...Flyinglumpia too

Old 12-06-2009 | 06:38 PM
? = 2B || !2B
Premier Member
^Yep. That's who I was trying to think of!

Old 12-06-2009 | 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Those two statements make NO sense whatsoever.
if you read the entire post it would... I said, I'd stay stock over spending over 1K on a worn out body kit.

BTW - I was stock bumper, sides and rear for a looong time - and still didnt look like any other... so when you are able to think beyond you limited comprehension, maybe you'll understand.

I know it might be a little much for you to comprehend - but that's what separates me from you.

Old 12-06-2009 | 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB

three of the cars I mentioned have thousands of miles in all season weather... the are all daily drivers.

Try again.

Old 12-06-2009 | 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Texan1
If someone spends 1 G to make their car look look clean and subtle like the OEM kit, what's the big deal? You could be equally criticized for spending thousands on body modification to create a unique look, which upon casual inspection of the rear end reveals a look too similar to the Lexus IS
you really do have a comprehension problem don’t you... I never said there is anything wrong with spending 1K... I said I wouldn’t do it to for a look that is over done and been around for 6 years.

Are you all together here today???

Old 12-06-2009 | 07:52 PM
hmm its gona be really hard to find a new one. I would look around the market place, g35papa is selling his front bumper. Also check out ur local junkyard to see if they got any nismo parts. Another option would be to get a vis nismo body kit, ive heard its not the best fitment tho, so it will require some prep work.

Originally Posted by G35uayaquil
Hello All.. I'm a noob to the G35 community. i have done a lotta research the past few weeks and wanted to know is it next to impossible to get a full oem kit new from Infiniti anymore for a 03-04 sedan? i was gonna try Everythingg35.com or call up my local Infiniti parts dept..any info? thanks in advance

Old 12-06-2009 | 10:30 PM
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
you really do have a comprehension problem don’t you... I never said there is anything wrong with spending 1K... I said I wouldn’t do it to for a look that is over done and been around for 6 years.

I have seniority over you, do not speak to me in such arrogance.DOMO

I think you meant altogether.

Relax already, everything will be ok.

NISMO>FG

Last edited by Texan1; 12-06-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2009 | 10:33 PM

You also said this.......

with all the new stuff (finally) coming out for sedan - why in the world would you want a 6 year old body style?
......and I gave you the reasons why in my first post.

Old 12-06-2009 | 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Texan1
I have seniority over you, do not speak to me in such arrogance.DOMO

I think you meant altogether.

Relax already, everything will be ok.

NISMO>FG
you are one funny poser.

BTW, you can only wish to fill my shoes.

Last edited by OCG35; 12-06-2009 at 10:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: oem kit question