G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

ebay trunk & roof spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Only took a week for me.
you've bought this one before? how's fitment?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by gtrefever
guys a roof spoiler is very necessary for our cars to reach its full potential, when i didnt have a roof spoiler my car would max out at 100mph when i get my roof spoiler put on my car went 102!

hehe
That's why I sold mine...I couldn't handle the powa!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
what vents? the openings in the bumper? Of course they are functional - or are you talking about something else?
The side openings on the bumper, a wald rear lip is very functional too ;-)

Old 01-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by melo
you've bought this one before? how's fitment?
I got one from OEM.thing 45.5inches. I haven't put it on yet but test fitment looks good.

I"ll put it on today and post what I think about it. Later.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The side vents can be useful in the bumper you can have two oil coolers fitted there if you want.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
^ what about the rear valance, how much more downforce than the roof spoiler?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by myGi$Gangsta
The side openings on the bumper, a wald rear lip is very functional too ;-)
the side opening on the bumper serve to add airflow to radiator (no different from OEM openings)... or they can be used for brake ducting... totally functional.

A rear valance on a bumper is there already - changing it to something else is no different than removing molding from doors, or painting window trim - it's just changing something that already exists...

Adding a non functional piece of material (such as a roof spoiler) serves no more purpose that than the stick on vents...

Im not sure if you are trying to deny that or what?...

Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
^ what about the rear valance, how much more downforce than the roof spoiler?
a rear valance (if anything) would cause uplift, not down force... but again - it's just adding to/changing something that is already there...

But still, how does your point change the fact that a roof spoiler is any more purposeful than a stick-on vent? After-all, that's the post that you started making all things other references about...

does a rear valance on a bumper change the fact that a roof spoiler does nothing more than the stick on vents? Do you disagree with that?

in case you forgot... your statements started after thins post:
https://g35driver.com/forums/4838864-post33.html

Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
^ difference is a roof spoiler can look good unlike stickon vents, some of the a lot of the most tastefully modded High end bmws and mercedes have roof spoilers installed that wasn't factory. The roof spoilers don't have vents in them so I don't see how that compares, is for aesthetics, I don't see you flaming the m3 lip trunk spoiler that several modded sedan members on here have what's the difference, that is in the trunk instead of the roof so that makes it alright?

Old 01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
^ difference is a roof spoiler can look good unlike stickon vents, some of the a lot of the most tastefully modded High end bmws and mercedes have roof spoilers installed that wasn't factory. The roof spoilers don't have vents in them so I don't see how that compares, is for aesthetics, I don't see you flaming the m3 lip trunk spoiler that several modded sedan members on here have what's the difference, that is in the trunk instead of the roof so that makes it alright?
wait - what???? I'm not flaming anyone about anything...

Did you read the post that I linked that started your tangent?... it didn't flame anyone...

Someone asked what is the point of a roof spoiler... I responded. It wasn't flaming... I didn't say you're a fool for having it (however, I think your being foolish with your debate about this)...

I'm simply asking - what part of anything you have been posting indicates that a roof spoiler is not what I said it is?.... you keep giving examples of other mods... but whats the relevance there? That doesn't change the purpose (or lack thereof) of a roof spoiler.

So if I'm understanding you correctly... a roof spoiler on a G35 that serves no more purpose than a stick-on vent (which I'm certain anyone realizes in a non-functioning aesthetic mod) - somehow trunk lips and rear valances make that fact false?... is that what you are trying to say?

So removing door moldings must somehow make a roof spoiler more purposeful than a stick on vent as well?...

Come on man - no one is trying to get you to justify your roof spoiler (or anyone elses)... no matter how many comparison's you make - it doesn't change the post I linked:
https://g35driver.com/forums/4838864-post33.html

Old 01-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
I got one from OEM.thing 45.5inches. I haven't put it on yet but test fitment looks good.

I"ll put it on today and post what I think about it. Later.
cool. keep us updated

Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM
You compared the roof spoiler with stickon vents cuz you you they're both tacky and ugly, I'd love to see you say a comment on one of Marcus rear pictures with something like "nice stickon trunk lip, pepboy vents" and see what he'd say, I never said roof spoilers on the sedan serve a purpose is a simple mod for looks like 85% of the mods we all do to our cars, you even said once you'd rock a roof spoiler if it could be molded but you can't mold glass, there's obviously ugly roof spoilers and subtle sleek ones, but stickon vents can't look good under any circumstances so IMO they don't belong on the same sentence. We'd go on all day about this I know you love debates on threads every day

Old 01-27-2010, 02:57 PM
You compared the roof spoiler with stickon vents cuz you you they're both tacky and ugly, I'd love to see you say a comment on one of Marcus rear pictures with something like "nice stickon trunk lip, pepboy vents" and see what he'd say, I never said roof spoilers on the sedan serve a purpose is a simple mod for looks like 85% of the mods we all do to our cars, you even said once you'd rock a roof spoiler if it could be molded but you can't mold glass, there's obviously ugly roof spoilers and subtle sleek ones, but stickon vents can't look good under any circumstances so IMO they don't belong on the same sentence. We'd go on all day about this I know you love debates on threads every day
dude - are you serious?... okay, lets take a look at what I've highlighted...

#1, where did I say tacky & ugly? (thanks for attempting to speak for me, but you do a poor job and throw inaccurate statements. So DON'T DO IT).

#2, Marcus' lip spoiler isn't a stick on, its molded like mine (even though it has no relevance to what we are discussing, at least use accurate info).

#3 - how can you realize I said I'd consider a roof spoiler (if it were molded) and say that I think they are ugly - all in the same paragraph? That's just retarded.

Please read the post I've linked TWICE for you - and tell me exactly what part confuses you. And be sure to base it on what I stated - not what you (wrongfully) think I mean.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Molded or not it serves the same purpose, I'm done going back and forth. The only reason you put a roof spoiler and stickon vents in the same sentence is to subconsciosly say is rice and I think every1 would agree with me. Why not just say is the same as an m3 lip is just there for looks. Is funny how when someone talks bad about a mod that's on your car I.e tinted tails you're the first to jump and defend it but when is not on your car and some1 defends it the same way you do you assume that the person is butthurt.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Molded or not it serves the same purpose, I'm done going back and forth. The only reason you put a roof spoiler and stickon vents in the same sentence is to subconsciosly say is rice and I think every1 would agree with me. Why not just say is the same as an m3 lip is just there for looks. Is funny how when someone talks bad about a mod that's on your car I.e tinted tails you're the first to jump and defend it but when is not on your car and some1 defends it the same way you do you assume that the person is butthurt.
I just cant be any more clear... and I don't know how/why you refuse to understand...

One last time (and I'll brake it down even further for you... but pay close attention to what is being said, not what you want to hear/read).

* A guy asks: what is the point of a roof spoiler, what does it do.

** I respond: the same thing as the stick-on vents in the other thread.

*** this means, its a non-functioning pretend piece that doesn't serve a purpose for anything other than looks... However, there are real vents that do have a functional purpose, just like there are actual spoilers that serve as a purpose... but in this case, the roof spoiler is like a stick on vent - a pretend object that has no function.

Now - if you had read the responses (verbatim) the way I posted - instead of stating things I never said and calling them my opinions, you would have figured all this out without me having to spell it out like I'm taking to a child.

I'm going to ask you one more time to stop stating miss-truths (or you and I are going to have a real problem). I did not post a negative comment about the roof spoiler... YOU even acknowledged that I said I would have considered one when the car was in the shop if I could have it molded in... Why would I say that if I was bashing it. Where did I bash it?

Either post a link that has me bashing it - or knock off the bullsh!t - I seriously don't appreciate you continuing to post statements as mine.

Last edited by OCG35; 01-27-2010 at 05:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ebay trunk & roof spoiler