G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Does anyone actually track their cars...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Whats up with your colour match on the trunk?
old pics... tails were painted and it was right after CA EPA banned oil based paint - shop wasn't that experienced with water based paint yet - so the tails were a little lighter...

plus I think much of it is shadow/lighting in pic...

Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Antipd32v
OCG35 Thanks... Awesome pics!!!!
no prob and thanks

Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
old pics... tails were painted and it was right after CA EPA banned oil based paint - shop wasn't that experienced with water based paint yet - so the tails were a little lighter...

plus I think much of it is shadow/lighting in pic...
Oh I was going to say, all the other photos I've seen it's been matched.

Do you spring your suspension up when you track? or was that when you were on springs? Front bumper looks awfully close in some of those haha.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:44 PM

Do you spring your suspension up when you track? or was that when you were on springs? Front bumper looks awfully close in some of those haha.
whole car is a different color now

I think those were Eibach Pro... might have been Sportline though (I actually dont remember ) looks kinda low so I'm thinking Sportline, but it handled real well - which makes me think it might have been Pro

Old 01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by OCG35

Your Rookie bumper is scary close to the ground and why does the back of your hood look like it's coming off??

Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It looks like it is under heavy breaking. A stock non-sport suspension will come that close to the ground under heavy breaking like that with decent tires.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Your Rookie bumper is scary close to the ground and why does the back of your hood look like it's coming off??
hood spacers... bad idea for road course... and didnt even really help at drag strip..

It was an attempt to keep under-hood temps down... every since header install, heat had been crazy! I mean really uncommonly hot.

Thats why I have the hood cowl now.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
It looks like it is under heavy breaking. A stock non-sport suspension will come that close to the ground under heavy breaking like that with decent tires.
I was getting really ballsy on that corner... most people turned in to granny's there - and it's as frustrating as being stuck behind someone going 45 on the freeway... but with that particular pic I was able to get frisky without much interference in front of me ...

I loved that event and cant wait to do it again!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 PM
^I have come across lots of track pussies with twice the power of my car. I know how furstrating it can be.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
I do.

So far I've on done 1/8 and 1/4 drag racing. As soon as I get funds to hit the road course, I'm going.

Flame suit on...

No offense to anyone here, but G35 owners aren't as performance oriented as the Z guys. The Z forums are more based around performance where most G35 owners who mod their cars are into body kits and how flush their wheels are IMO. Look at how small the entire racing sections are compared that one flush wheel thread. I like a balance of both looks and performance.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
^I have come across lots of track pussies with twice the power of my car. I know how furstrating it can be.
yeah, there was an M3 behind me during one of the sessions - he had his instructor shotgun, I was solo without my instructor for the first time... on that exact corner I would pull from him - particularly on the exit... there is a very slight S turn right after that - but you can actually get through it without hardly turning the wheel... the M3 didn't hit apex right and I pulled from him even farther.

After that session I was talking to John (my instructor) in the pit area about brake ducting and the M3's instructor came up and asked John if he was driving my car... I told him I was and he was kinda shocked... he was surprised the car would do as well and complimented my driving (I was surprised, I thought he was gonna say I cut them off or something)

But I was in beginner group and would be next time too... so I guess the less ballzy are to be expected (and respected )

Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I do.

So far I've on done 1/8 and 1/4 drag racing. As soon as I get funds to hit the road course, I'm going.

Flame suit on...

No offense to anyone here, but G35 owners aren't as performance oriented as the Z guys. The Z forums are more based around performance where most G35 owners who mod their cars are into body kits and how flush their wheels are IMO. Look at how small the entire racing sections are compared that one flush wheel thread. I like a balance of both looks and performance.
True.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I do.

Flame suit on...

yep me too... I went a long time without doing any really wild aesthetic mods... always just real subtle to be different... but I started the performance stuff within 5 months (or less) of buying the car...

I dont think too many people realize the challenge of having a car that looks cool and also preforms real well... its not easy and not cheap But it's gratifying to accomplish it (not many do)

Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 PM
yup, my car looked like **** but it could take turns.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for all the replies.

I was torn between getting a $5-6K beater for a track car or spending a little money on the G35. Realistically I might make it to the track 2 - 3 times a year and it was becoming hard to justify another car just for the track. I really don't have room at my house to store a trailer/race-car. I think this thread has convinced me to spend a little more on my car to make it road course worthy. I know our cars are not the ideal platform, but I just want to go out and have fun I'm not looking to make a career out of racing.

So off to the interweb I go searching for:

Brake rotors
Brake Pads
Brake fluid
Stainless brake lines
Sway Bars
Coil overs
Cheap light 18" or 17" wheels with racing tires

And some other safety equipment

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone actually track their cars...