G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New member/owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lexusk8
For stubborn sticky residue left on paint, I would use a plastic scraper tool like the kind that comes with my George Foreman kitchen grill. No joke, I use it all the time and it does work without harming the paint. Try it out and see how it works out.

At any point, congrats on picking up the G35 and welcome to the Driver forum!
Thank you and thanks for the tip! I'll look around and see if I have something like that.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Well, I didn't find my tow hook cover anywhere in the car. Though I did find my cargo net in the wheel well along with the med kit still in plastic wrap. Noticed that it had a full size spare that has never been driven on. For some reason I thought these cars had donuts.

Looks like I'll have to buy a tow hook cover off a member here or at the stealership.
Anybody have a spare Diamond Graphite tow hook cover for sale?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 PM
welcome and congratulations on the car!! you will love it!!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by GSedan03
welcome and congratulations on the car!! you will love it!!
Thanks! I already do!

Old 02-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Welcome OP, any mod plans?

Maybe an OEM front lip (well, if you can find one) to use as a pseudo snow plow ?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by pnn23
Welcome OP, any mod plans?

Maybe an OEM front lip (well, if you can find one) to use as a pseudo snow plow ?
Lmao yeah, actually that's how I plowed that parking lot in the pic there. I took it off for the pic because I didn't have the salt spreader in the back to match.
Really haven't thought about mods a whole lot. I know I'm going to want to upgrade the radio to a touchscreen dvd set up. Wont need nav, so that's going to be easier on the wallet there. Also I think I would like to drop it, of course. Oh yeah, and tint the windows... the summer sun is going to be killer on the black leather. To bad the G's didn't get the cooled seats that the M's have.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Dacket84
Noticed that it had a full size spare that has never been driven on. For some reason I thought these cars had donuts.
They do.

The Premium C model comes with the full size.

IIRC, the only options available on top of Prem C are, NAV, Chrome wheels, Trunk Mat, Sat radio and splashgaurds....so you might have some of those features too

Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
They do.

The Premium C model comes with the full size.

IIRC, the only options available on top of Prem C are, NAV, Chrome wheels, Trunk Mat, Sat radio and splashgaurds....so you might have some of those features too
Oh nice! Well, I do have the Nav, splash guards and the sat radio. But my wheels aren't chrome. Also have the rear reclining seats. I haven't seen a single G that didn't have a sun roof so I think that was standard on all.

Though the dealership put it as "the sunroof launch package" ... Wth is that supposed to mean? lol Then again, they also said it had a single disc cd player. I don't know who wrote the internet ad, but they didn't really know about the car.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I used my fingernail on the adhesive with no scratching of the paint. Just makes sure you wax the trunk when you're done.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the car ( great color combo )! I just purchased a DG/Black interior 06 G35 as well only in 6MT and have yet to pick it up. Should have it in 2 weeks
All I keep hearing from G35 owners is " Your gonna love this car "

Old 02-12-2010, 03:36 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Sunroof isn't standard on all Gs. IIRC OCG35 doesn't have one.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Good idea lol I don't think my fingernail is hard enough to damage the paint, but then again I guess I never really tried to damage car paint with my fingernail haha

Thank you! Yes I'm in Indiana.. Elkhart area. Had to get the X for all that lake effect snow we get here lol. Also, how do you suppose I remove the adhesive without scratching the paint? I don't know how fragile the paint will get with the solvent on it, I was really going to try the floss idea. I don't think it would harm the paint that much.
lol.... I'm from South Bend, IN and the lake effect snow is the same reason why I got my X too.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by elayman
I used my fingernail on the adhesive with no scratching of the paint. Just makes sure you wax the trunk when you're done.
I think I'm going to have to wax it no matter what I do lol

Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Congrats on the car ( great color combo )! I just purchased a DG/Black interior 06 G35 as well only in 6MT and have yet to pick it up. Should have it in 2 weeks
All I keep hearing from G35 owners is " Your gonna love this car "

Nice! Congrats to you as well then. It felt like Christmas week as an 8yr old the days before I had my appointment to get the car lol.

Originally Posted by nfsp1

Oh ok, so there IS one out there hehe but really I think its more rare to find one without a sun roof. Must have been a cheap option?

Originally Posted by John Pich
lol.... I'm from South Bend, IN and the lake effect snow is the same reason why I got my X too.
Nice, only 30min away. How did you like that last system that went though? Everybody at work kept asking me how my car handled in the snow and I say "Better than yours! I have AWD!" lol People keep asking how my car is doing too, like they expect something to go horribly wrong with it. lol I think its annoying to them when reply "Great! Its the best car I have ever owned! How's your car?" lol

Old 02-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by nfsp1
I don't have one either,,05 sport auto, no sunroof.

Dabadge video: http://www.streetfire.net/video/debadgeing-a-wrx-sti_22344.htm

Old 02-12-2010, 06:42 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
...People keep asking how my car is doing too, like they expect something to go horribly wrong with it. lol I think its annoying to them when reply "Great! Its the best car I have ever owned! How's your car?" lol
^I get this too!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New member/owner