G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

VDC off + doing donuts on a side street = FAIL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Badboy8813
this will do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-0...Q5fAccessories

? how come i can't feel it while doing 80 on the freeway though? or i will eventually feel it?
That is the front lower control arm

You need the rear passenger side lateral control arm

http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/inde...layCatalogid=0

Item #9

Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sacch
:bowr oflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowrofl bowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowro flbowrofl:

Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
HAHA.. ROFL!!!n Hey man you learn from your mistakes.. don't do it again!@

Originally Posted by g35snoop
lmao !!

you play you PAY !!!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Lol, i'd chime in and say something bad...but i've done plenty of donuts in my youth. But i go to nice empty parking lots where nothing is around to do them.

But nowadays, i feel bad just romping on my G35. When it was snowing a week or so ago. A friend of mine wanted to see me do an AWD donut in the snow...and i refused. I had nothing against the idea (HUGE parking lot...nobody around)...but i just don't want to abuse the car.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey man, don't beat yourself down. **** happens but in my opinion go ahead and do that again but this time stay away from the curbs. It's not such a bad idea like some people think it is because it's actually good for you too learn how to control your car by drifting. You will gain some very good knowledge about the car like it's limitations and some very good driving experience from that in case you ever need to control your car in an unexpected under-steer or over-steer situation while spirited driving, or for winter driving as well. Just next time go to an empty parking lot and stay very far away from the curbs and the light poles as well when you do practice. Oh also this car is actually quite impressive and amazing how well it handles going sideways. It's actually better than my BMW I used to have.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David.A.C.
Hey man, don't beat yourself down. **** happens but in my opinion go ahead and do that again but this time stay away from the curbs. It's not such a bad idea like some people think it is because it's actually good for you too learn how to control your car by drifting. You will gain some very good knowledge about the car like it's limitations and some very good driving experience from that in case you ever need to control your car in an unexpected under-steer or over-steer situation while spirited driving, or for winter driving as well. Just next time go to an empty parking lot and stay very far away from the curbs and the light poles as well when you do practice. Oh also this car is actually quite impressive and amazing how well it handles going sideways. It's actually better than my BMW I used to have.
I completely disagree. The car is not meant at all for spirited driving. Hence the ridiculous amount of mods needed to enhance handling and power. We forget that this is a luxury car. If you want to mess around get a 350z. Don't do donuts, burnouts (impossible anyway), drift, or unnecessarily rev your car unless you are prepared to pay for the potential damage to come. Everyone complains about the stock suspension, the creaks, the weak bushings, and various other annoyances. Under normal driving conditions it's suffice, but ofcourse you have people thinking that this is a tokyo drift car and push it's limits. As far as handling on the g35, I don't have much experience with any other cars, but from what I have tested, the g35 seems to have less of a roll while turning on higher speeds. It's excellent again under normal driving conditions.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
^You wouldn't say that if u sat next to me driving my sedan with less than $500 put on suspension. The G sedan is one of those cars that benefits greatly from any suspension upgrades. The only downside of this car is the wheelbase which is great for drifting but no so great for low speed corners. I know this is your opinion but i don't think you have enough experience with this car to make a statement like that.

David.A.C. is correct. G is a easier car to fvck around with than my 335. With the 335 you have to be very quick with a stearing and throttle while doing a slide otherwise the car becomes really twitchy. G was a very fogiving car and the slides were very smooth and predictable.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah but there are people who not only like luxury but also like performance at the same time like myself. It's like peanut butter and chocolate. Suspension wise though, the oem sport suspension isn't all that bad for what it is. Yeah it could be better which is why when my warranty is over i am upgrading the suspension but that's what I mean it's good to learn the limitations of it, so you don't put yourself in a situation that you know that the car can't handle at all. And by the way, it is possible to do a burnout on the g35.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM
man i just realized my internet is so slow. I was responding to azt108 post and it took 3 minutes. Man that's sad lol

Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by David.A.C.
Yeah but there are people who not only like luxury but also like performance at the same time like myself. It's like peanut butter and chocolate. Suspension wise though, the oem sport suspension isn't all that bad for what it is. Yeah it could be better which is why when my warranty is over i am upgrading the suspension but that's what I mean it's good to learn the limitations of it, so you don't put yourself in a situation that you know that the car can't handle at all. And by the way, it is possible to do a burnout on the g35.
Impossible to do a burnout? Maybe you don't know how to work the pedals cuz myself and many others can do burnouts and with AT

Old 03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
yeah that is what I said. It is possible. Re read my post buddy i think you misread. I am saying that it can be done. azt108 is the one who said it's impossible.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I said it's impossible. Please post a video of you doing a burnout standing.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
WHy can't a G35 do a burnout???

(although in terms of burnouts...this one is pretty weak)

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 03-02-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
I wish I had a video camera. I was just doing a crazy burnout last sunday in the garage at the mall, the tires won't burn out the first time it takes a few tries. Hold the brake pedal down and hit the gas at the same time and slowly let go off the gas. The 19" rays look so sick doing a standstill burnout. Once you get those tires spinning you can do whatever you want with your car as far as donuts and fishtailing

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Thumbs up

burnout....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VDC off + doing donuts on a side street = FAIL!