G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

MOVE OVER LAW - Ticket cost $754.00

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
This is dumb, cops are trained to go to the passenger side window EVERY STOP.

If a drunk driver smokes the parked car then that is inevitable, but if a cops *** is hanging out off the shoulder then he's not using common sense.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS

If a drunk driver smokes the parked car then that is inevitable, but if a cops *** is hanging out off the shoulder then he's not using common sense.
Really? I've never seen a cop go to the passenger window when pulling someone over.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by OKStateG35
Really? I've never seen a cop go to the passenger window when pulling someone over.
they always do that here in cali i have never had a cop come up to the drivers window, even on residential quiet city blocks where there are like no cars he will still come up to the passengers window

Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can understand the reason for the law, better for the cops safety. As is there are videos out there where cars hitting the cops car, even though their cars brighter that a chirstmas tree. But the fine amount and the points i thinks is unethical. Not only that you have to show up for court too?!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
It depends on the cop, this is more common on interstate highways where you have 18 wheelers flying by.

Originally Posted by OKStateG35

Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Evry time I have been pulled over they go to the drivers door. They also stick their car out a bit to shield them from the rear.

Every time I get stopped I try to find a shoulder or somewhere safe to stop. I know they have enough to worry about

Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Every time i got pulled over, the local cops go to the drivers side, and all the state troopers came to the passenger side...

Old 04-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
how about a MOVE OVER LAW for Prius's doing 55MPH in the "fast lane"?

Its a good law to have but the fine is rediculous. Shouldnt be anymore than a $50 violation.
Yeah I agree with you on this one... Plus I say remove the points and lower the fine... They should fine people driving slow in the fast lane anyway

Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

You are wrong.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Just because you are on the passenger side of a car does not mean the previously stationary car will not hit the officer and injure or kill him. Why are you complaining about having to move over one lane or slow down. If you are 3 seconds late to your appointment you should have left earlier.

Also, it is not just drunk driver's that hit the vehicles. it can be inattention due to cell phone use, changing radio stations or falling asleep behind the wheel.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150DS

Also, it is not just drunk driver's that hit the vehicles. it can be inattention due to cell phone use, changing radio stations or falling asleep behind the wheel.
so that law will force someone who is asleep or drunk to not crash into the officers cars....the people who crash into cop cars on the side of the road will still crash into them no matter how high the fine is, and it will just bone the people who dont know about this law. this is hardly about safety since it dosent stop a distracted person plowing into the officers car. if the cop want to be safe then he needs to walk over to the passengers side where its safer

Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by nazc0
. if the cop want to be safe then he needs to walk over to the passengers side where its safer
This law doesn't apply to just cops, but all emergency personnel. If there is an ambulance or fire truck on the side of the road or a work crew with a police detail then you must move over too. What if someone is getting a tow and the operator is working on the driver's side? What if someone's grandmother had a stroke and the emts are working on her in the drivers seat?

There is no safe side when you are in a breakdown lane. I have PErSONALLY witness someone on the pass side get pinned when the car was hit from the drivers side on the side of the road. Guys legs were crushed and it took him 2 years to get back to somewhat normal.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp here. The guys who have been out on the side of the road have said how scary it is while some who have prob never spent 30 seconds in a breakdown lane keep muttering ignorant cliche things such as revenue generation.

I spent 8 years in breakdown lanes across mass. I have had a few close calls myself. Please, if you see blue, red or yellow lights slow down and move over! You iPod, cell phone or nine DVD screens can wait 30 seconds

When you work on the road you keep one eye on your job and one on traffic at all times. I don't see a valid reason to not move over and give these guys some breathing room. The tickets suck, but you know what? People are talking about it here and more people are becoming aware of it. Now the next time you are in the slow lane and see blye lights up ahead...what will you do?

Last edited by Mustang5L5; 04-29-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM
This thread is becoming more and more frustrating to read...lets just all agree on some points and move on:
1) The law was created to ensure safety of officers, other official workers, and even you..
2) Yes, the fine is a bit on the steep side, but as a licensed driver, it is your duty to keep up with the laws. Since you spend all this time modding the car, you can spend a fraction of the time and read up on your laws - might save you some money for extra mods...
3) It is possible this law may actually cause crashes due to a sudden merge of cars out of one lane into another, but this law will safe more lives than claim...
4) EVERYONE HATES SLOW DRIVERS IN THE FAST LANE... but officers rather pull over the driver who is weaving in and out of traffic (who has a lot of potential to cause an accident) rather than an old lady who just causes a headache and some anger...
5)Most likely, the majority of us will not even know a person who was issued this fine..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Where were you two days ago? You could have summed this up in the second post.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
This is dumb, cops are trained to go to the passenger side window EVERY STOP..
Show me! I am interested in seeing the training material that you are pullng this from, you seem adamant in knowing this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MOVE OVER LAW - Ticket cost $754.00