G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

MOVE OVER LAW - Ticket cost $754.00

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Where were you two days ago? You could have summed this up in the second post.
Haha true, just didn't figure it would lead to this... people are attacking one another here... we're suppose to be classy people.. i know we don't drive bentleys, but c'mon fellas... we aren't driving hoopties neither...

Old 04-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by AceG35X
Haha true, just didn't figure it would lead to this... people are attacking one another here... we're suppose to be classy people.. i know we don't drive bentleys, but c'mon fellas... we aren't driving hoopties neither...
Agree, but people are making "ignorant" statements and statements with no foundation. Long story short, respect people on the side of the road working, albeit, civilian with a blown tire, a construction worker, a medic or a law enforcement officer..period.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats good. i feel i seen alot of accidents while pulling sopmeone over. its an easier law to follow i recently got a ticket for my tag on my bike for being rolled due to the extension and lowering the wind rolled the tag a 20 dollar ite. lol cost me 1100 bux.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 AM
no points i paid anothr 200 for those hahah so the moral of this story? sell the bike buy a g lol

Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by SCIONMIKE
thats good. i feel i seen alot of accidents while pulling sopmeone over. its an easier law to follow i recently got a ticket for my tag on my bike for being rolled due to the extension and lowering the wind rolled the tag a 20 dollar ite. lol cost me 1100 bux.
???? You start off good, but then crash off into lala land.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasscout
I can't believe some of you guys are bitching about this. It is common sense to move over and give room for the pull over. How many videos have we seen of some poor cop just standing by the side of the road and then out of nowhere some dumb ****er just runs into the car. A ****ING POLICE CAR ON THE SHOLDER WITH ITS GOD DAMN LIGHTS FLASHING LIKE CHRISTMAS TREE! I'm all for this, there are some stupid ****ers out there.
+1. Best law ever.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:28 AM
not sure if anyone looked at the link the OP posted, but something seems rather fishy with that video. notice how the officer steps out into the street, gets hit by the car (judging from the angle, it almost looks intentional), gets flung up into the air, lands on the street (manages to avoid other speeding cars) and miraculously gets up immediately and runs back to safety. not sure about you, but if I get hit by a speeding car, I'm not very likely to pop back up and run.

furthermore, the website is a ".com", thus indicating that this may not be legit. A real public service advisory website would be a .org (or if state/federally sponsored, a .gov).

however, that being said, I have no problem with this law, as I certainly support the safety of all emergency personell. but, it really does not matter in my home state of MD, as most folks slow down TO 20 MPH just to rubberneck (even if the incident is on the other side of the beltway).

Old 04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
I think its a good idea, way to many officers get hit a year from people not paying attention

Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by jmcohen23
as most folks slow down TO 20 MPH just to rubberneck (even if the incident is on the other side of the beltway).
Yeah, you're so right about that one... and boom, there's another accident. I just love the DMV area drivers

Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY21
how about a MOVE OVER LAW for Prius's doing 55MPH in the "fast lane"?
I swear when I opened this thread that was what came to my mind: moving over out of the fast lane.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
This law doesn't apply to just cops, but all emergency personnel. If there is an ambulance or fire truck on the side of the road or a work crew with a police detail then you must move over too. What if someone is getting a tow and the operator is working on the driver's side? What if someone's grandmother had a stroke and the emts are working on her in the drivers seat?

There is no safe side when you are in a breakdown lane. I have PErSONALLY witness someone on the pass side get pinned when the car was hit from the drivers side on the side of the road. Guys legs were crushed and it took him 2 years to get back to somewhat normal.

I don't see what's so hard to grasp here. The guys who have been out on the side of the road have said how scary it is while some who have prob never spent 30 seconds in a breakdown lane keep muttering ignorant cliche things such as revenue generation.

I spent 8 years in breakdown lanes across mass. I have had a few close calls myself. Please, if you see blue, red or yellow lights slow down and move over! You iPod, cell phone or nine DVD screens can wait 30 seconds

When you work on the road you keep one eye on your job and one on traffic at all times. I don't see a valid reason to not move over and give these guys some breathing room. The tickets suck, but you know what? People are talking about it here and more people are becoming aware of it. Now the next time you are in the slow lane and see blye lights up ahead...what will you do?
Good Post, even if someone is on the passenger side there is still a chance the car can get hit. Def. in icy conditions... Although I always try to move over if I can, I still think the fine and points are too high $150 with no points is better. (Besides, not that I'm wishing this but, if you hit and kill someone you're getting charged with manslaughter or some touch charge anyway so...)

Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 AM
^^+1... Can't agree more... sooo how bout them Lakers... =)

Old 05-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Lakers? How bout them Spurs?

Old 05-02-2010, 01:02 AM
BOOO the spurs.... their all too old to be in the NBA... i wish the Mavs woulda made it.. my prediction is Lakers vs Cavs in the finals... goes to game 7 and Lakers win again.. cause even they Lebron is nasty, 24 will always be one better than 23 =)

Old 05-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4D05G35
Show me! I am interested in seeing the training material that you are pullng this from, you seem adamant in knowing this.
Who cares...I would think every state is different.

4DGS - Really not that dumb of a law, plus the side of your car the cop is on is kind of irrelevant, as they can get hit either way, regardless of what side they're on. I guess if you think it's dumb, then don't abide by it and I hope you get nabbed with a big fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MOVE OVER LAW - Ticket cost $754.00