G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

20hp diff between the coupe and sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:22 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 20hp diff between the coupe and sedan

I've seen a lot of chicks drive G35 coupes in San Diego...but they are NOT soccer moms. Most of the girls i've seen are pretty HOT (of course its So-Cal so what do you expect

04 Coupe Auto/DG/Prem/Nav/Perf

Old 10-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a sedan with sports suspension then you have what the coupe has- a hellua suspension. Add sways and you have 350Z stiffness around corners. These cars are not that different and all of us don't need a car to impress anyone or get chicks. Wanna race

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 10-06-2004, 10:35 AM

EZZ,

Thats exactly my point. Chicks love the coupes. I'm in NYC area and have seen 1 female coupe driver. Other than that is all dudes, and as for the age of many coupe owners... How can people take offense to this? The coupes (when loaded with all the goodies) cost nearly $40K, that's a tough lump for a kid to swallow. That's also why you see so many younger kids driving Civics. The only people I see driving Enzos are older guys... should that keep me from wanting one??

2004.5 Black on Black 6MT, Aero, Premium, Navi
"You can live in your car but you can't drive your house"

Old 10-06-2004, 10:56 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Hotchkis Sways (M/M)

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, let me drop $1,500 in mods on my coupe and I'll go any day of the week! I was talking about stock vs stock.

I most certainly do not need a car to impress anyone or to pick up chicks and I never said I did. I stated that the reason for girls/women driving the cars is because they're hot cars and attract alot of attention. Don't get that confused. I drive 10 miles to and from the train station every day and have a great time doing it in my coupe. I do not need a sedan. I'm 23, why would I drive a sedan?

As for the handling: Even with identical suspension components, your car will never handle like a 350Z. The Z is 8" shorter, has a lower center of gravity, wider and lower profile tires, and two less doors.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 AM
"G" Spot

If the ECU maps for the Sedan are different for AT than the coupe, would it be possible then to get the coupes ecu flash on the sedan. I know that there are companies that will upgrade the ecu and such, but what about swapping ecu's out of a 5at coupe? Would that work?

2004 G35 sedan. Silver/graphite, Premium, sport, aero package. Z-tube, K&N

Old 10-06-2004, 11:46 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with jericho, im the one alwasy seeing "older" people and moms driving G35 sedans lol, this mom and daughter gave me the tumbs up last week hahah!!!! Im always being teased of having a "u-haul, soccer mom car, kid getter" LOL by my Gsquad peoples, its all love though!! They are both great cars, and i rather be driving a coupe at my age also, but some of these statements are ridiculous, mid life crisis car? Man, what were you thinking when you said that?

Martin
2003.5 BS G35
Nismo Aero/Sport Package
0-60 5.4 - 1/4 Mile 14.16 *GTech* and on 19's!!

Old 10-06-2004, 12:28 PM

Good looks Marty! It's all love here. I always enjoy driving the sedans when I get them but some of those statements about the coupe were just completely off the map. Call a spade a spade, the coupe is dope.

PS- I also never said I didn't like the sedan. I have to say that if I absolutely had to buy a sedan, the G would be at the top of the list. It's just not practical for me, at most I only carry myself and my girl... no need for those extra doors.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:17 PM

"bottom line - don't hate us because your wife wouldn't let you buy the coupe. It's a sports car - the sedan is a family sedan...period."

If you re-read my post, you will discover that I chose the sedan because the coupe felt like a pig. And with all the grinding and warrantee replacements of the 6MT trannys, all the better. I'm glad you like your coupe, but race a non-loaner sedan some time and you will probably get spanked. Its also nice to have a 6 sec. car and be able to take your girl and a few friends out without having them get out with tweaked necks from their heads hitting the rear glass.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:20 PM

Amen.

Had 4 women in my car yesterday. Felt like a fricking arab prince.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 PM

I chose the sedan because the coupe felt like a pig.

<hr></blockquote>
a pig? Come on, you're being a little dramatic. Facts are facts, the coupe weighs within 100lbs of the sedan and it has an extra 20hp.

race a non-loaner sedan some time and you will probably get spanked.

<hr></blockquote>
Spanked? What are you talking about? The coupe is a faster car... period. Especially if it's against an auto sedan. I think you'll find yourself eating those words.

Its also nice to have a 6 sec. car and be able to take your girl and a few friends out without having them get out with tweaked necks from their heads hitting the rear glass.

<hr></blockquote>
Try putting a girl and a bunch of friends in your sedan, then see how close you can get to 6 seconds. As I stated before, I work in NYC and only drive the car 10 miles to the train station. I drive by myself 95% of the time. I'm 23, I do not need a family sedan as I do not have a family! When I do need to tote people around I also have a Toyota 4Runner. I bought my car for me, not for my friends. It's no secret that the car is truly a 2 seater. I knew that before I bought it.

Guys, I like the sedan. It is just not something I need. Perhaps you have different priorities but I can not sit back and let someone say things like "midlife crisis chick car" and "soccer moms" about a sports car when you're all driving family sedans because that is truly rediculous.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 PM

Peace man. I'm just getting a kick watching you guys get all torqued. I'm having that kind of day. I'll lay off now.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead and put 4 girls in your coupe as well. You will have the same outcome. All that he is saying is that our back seat passengers won't have to break their necks sitting in the back. As regards the 2/10th of a second difference in the 0 - 60 mph catagory. I doubt anyone will spank anyone unless of course it is auto vs 6sp. Tell me this though, how will you feel when you are in your coupe and we are in our sedan and we pull even just a foot on you? How about when we are able to out brake you as well? The coupe is not a better car hands down. It might look better than a sedan in your eyes, but then again, the sedan might look better in our eyes. Does this even really matter.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:17 PM

haha, does this mean this fun is over? I think I'm having the same kind of day. I'm not out for blood, I'm just having a good time duking it out. I guess I should get back to work...gotta love these slow trading days!

Old 10-06-2004, 02:18 PM

Just a side note. Racing with 3 fiends in the car is DUMB imo.

***04 G35s 5AT/Sport***
***04 Volvo XC90 T6***

Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM

Haha! You hear that Ted?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 20hp diff between the coupe and sedan