G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Passenger seat stuck forward

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Passenger seat stuck forward

2003 AT.. +100k miles. Passenger seat is stuck in the forward position. Seat will not recline. It moves back & forth on the Rail, but the back part of the seat will not go forward. Has anyone else had this problem. I read a thread about a coupe having a almost identical problem and he said his dealership wanted $3K!!! no way I'm payin that. And i know the dealership by me beats people over the head with their prices. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
2003 AT.. +100k miles. Passenger seat is stuck in the forward position. Seat will not recline. It moves back & forth on the Rail, but the back part of the seat will not go forward. Has anyone else had this problem. I read a thread about a coupe having a almost identical problem and he said his dealership wanted $3K!!! no way I'm payin that. And i know the dealership by me beats people over the head with their prices. Anyone have any bright ideas?
I have the same problems with both of my seats. sometimes the bottom/seat back will move foward and sometimes it'll get stuck..never asked the dealership anything about it...luckily my driver seats stuck at a comfortable position

Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Mine has done that from time to time. Just keep pushing the button until it operates. Thought about taking the assembly apart and cleaning the connections.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 AM
It happened once before a few years back but it magically fixed itself. I did fight with the switch but no go. Im actually fighting with it right now. Thought to take it apart myself and clean it crossed my mind. But that was it.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Oh snap, wuddup Marco!! Long time!!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a similiar issue with this too but with my driver, any ideas? I usually just play with it til it starts working again. I'm hoping it's a dirty electrical contact.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm losing hope on twiddling it... Fml

Old 07-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
my pass seat does the same thing

Old 07-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
This is a REALLY retarded and costly problem.

Had that happen for my drivers when I first bought the car. The lady never told me about it when I got it. Thought it was just a minor problem, but when I called the dealership in Tustin I think. They said that the cost to replace the "seat adjustment motor" would be around $600-$700.

Forget that!

Took the whole seat apart including the motor and looked at it. Disconnected and reconnected some of the wires then put it back together. It didn't work. Tried a few other times, but it was no use.

Thought about maybe keeping that one nut driver or whatever it's called in my car and just adjusting it by hand because you CAN do that. Looks sort of ghetto when you look under the seat, but it works. So you always have that option.

Wasn't happy with that so took it apart a third time and this one wire was loose so had to do some soldering then a few hours later.. BAM! Works fine haha. Was stupid because when I took it apart.. like the dumb springs or screws and etc exploded all over the place so I lost like a few pieces and ended up having to buy new switches. That cost like $125 or so, but watevers.

If you absolutely can't fix it or anything. Ask for a new seat adjustment motor if you're fine with paying like $650 or so. $3k is definitely WAYY too much.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 AM
^hmm well $650 is better news than the stroke I got when I read $3K! Unfortunately I wouldn't trust myself tryin to fix it myself.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
^hmm well $650 is better news than the stroke I got when I read $3K! Unfortunately I wouldn't trust myself tryin to fix it myself.

I wouldn't pay $650 for something that small haha. Was going to stick with doing it manually.

Didn't think Fairfield was that far or I'd say you could call up Riverside Infiniti or if you dropped by my place over the weekend for a few hours I could see what I can do.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ran into the same problem took the switch apart and that turned out to be the problem. Really stupid design of ball bearings and copper rocker wears out the thin copper rails and it stops working. I managed to get it back into a comfortable position but need to find a good switch.

Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh snap, wuddup Marco!! Long time!!
chillin juan..been a long time.. you still in ri?

Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Choleaoum
I have a similiar issue with this too but with my driver, any ideas? I usually just play with it til it starts working again. I'm hoping it's a dirty electrical contact.
ended up dropping mine off @ the dealer to fix both seats...think only one needed an actual new motor, fix both heated seats and both heated seat controls =($1500)...under warranty thank god.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:30 AM
@prinny, I'm not in the mood to pay $650 for something like that, I but i'd prolly mess it up more if i tried doin it myself. I would basically need someone who did who what to do to at least stand over me and make sure i didnt F it up

Originally Posted by M@rCo
chillin juan..been a long time.. you still in ri?
no, i've been outa RI. I moved overseas for a while. Now i'm back stateside and in Cali

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Passenger seat stuck forward