G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Picked her up from the dealer last night, buyers remorse this morning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Picked her up from the dealer last night, buyers remorse this morning...

What's up everyone. So I just picked this 06 up last night:

http://www.millerinfiniti.com/detail...CV51E96M515374

It's got just about 72k miles on it, so I was able to get the price down to $15,100 before fees and taxes. While driving home, I noticed a yellow exclamation point on the left side dash. I popped the glove to check my manual, and found there wasn't one! It drives smooth as eggs, so I probably didn't notice these things while test driving in all my excitement... I'm looking at a .pdf manual online, and see that it's either due to low tire pressure or the TPMS is malfunctioning. Also, while parallel parking, I felt like a half second shake/jerk changing between reverse and drive, so I'm praying the transmission isn't effed.

Anyways, I'm having a bit of buyers remorse at them moment, and wanted to get some input on whether I might have gotten ripped on a possibly abused G. The carfax is clean, the car is not certified, and I didn't get a warranty

Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
get a warranty now!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
carfax= nothing.

i dont see a problem with your car. (!) is annoying but it doesn't really matter. If your tires are good then your sensor might not be working or setup right. Make the dealership correct this for free.

The trans well like all automatics will do small stuff like that.

Post up all your findings and we will either tell you its normal/common/ or your screwed. =)

Old 08-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Did you not do a pre-purchase inspection with a mechanic? Miller Infiniti would not be my first choice dealership for service and/or purchasing. I live close by, though, so sometimes I have to bite the bullet

You should start looking at California lemon law specifics while raising hell on Miller if those problems you indicated are indicative of serious underlying issues.

Go to infinitihelp.com for the owner's manual (you'll have to register), and here's a link for the factory service manual just in case.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...e-manuals.html

Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Rasta, what's the most I should pay for warranty? This was my first dealership experience, so I'm still a little clueless.

Pnn, did you have a bad experience with Miller? I figured the 130 pt inspection was good enough to buy the car with my dad and uncle's look over... But yeah, I'll find out tonight how good they are about servicing, especially w/o warranty.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by naoshad
Rasta, what's the most I should pay for warranty? This was my first dealership experience, so I'm still a little clueless.

Pnn, did you have a bad experience with Miller? I figured the 130 pt inspection was good enough to buy the car with my dad and uncle's look over... But yeah, I'll find out tonight how good they are about servicing, especially w/o warranty.
anywhere from 1-2k

call up scottsdale infiniti they will help you out i bought a awrranty for my 03 from them.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
What wheels are on the car? the (!) could be because they took the sensors off. I cant comment on the tranny because I have a 6mt though.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts

^ Miller's parts pricing has never been in line with other nearby Infiniti dealerships (Riverside, Glendale, etc.) and would always be the most expensive option even when factoring in shipping costs from other dealerships. Their parts guys are cool, though.

Their service department is hit or miss, though they are tough to deal with for warranty/TSB issues.

When I bought my sedan in 2007 (NOT at Miller), I went to Miller to check out two sedans on separate occasions with two different salespersons. They knew next to nothing, tried to confuse me with the 'four-square', & acted like they were doing me a huge favor while conducting themselves unprofessionally.

Obviously, YMMV on your experiences with Miller. Employee turnover (they have a lot of that) may have made my issues with them moot by now. I just try to avoid them as much as possible based on my previous dealings with them. Usually involves a lot of

Last edited by S 854; 08-17-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
the (!) isnt a huge issue, just a light on the dash really.

the trans issue might be something to look into if it does it again

as said before, some times auto trans act funny or jerk

This can happen to all makes and models.

I dont agree with purchasing a warranty.

Also, the dealer should at least look at your car for you at no cost. Especially if its only been one day.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the warranty package the dealer offered me, and I know a pretty good family mechanic, so anything major I can hopefully manage with him.

As for the trans, I have to admit, I was driving a salvaged piece of s*** Corolla for about 3 years prior, so I probably don't press on the brake as hard as I should when I'm changing from P to R to D... definitely will have to treat this baby with a little more tlc.

Thanks a lot all, I will be returning soon with hopefully a hard copy manual and no (!). Buyer's remorse is slowly melting away woo hooo

Old 08-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
It's got just about 72k miles on it, so I was able to get the price down to $15,100 before fees and taxes.
You got ripped off. I got mine for less than that with a lot less miles.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Andrei
You got ripped off. I got mine for less than that with a lot less miles.
Yeah, I thought I should've paid around 14,500, especially since the dealership was empty... ahh oh well. It has a spoiler and bluetooth, so I figure I'm paying a little more for those addons.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
yeah thats alot.. you would not beleive the deal i got my sedan for.. took me about 4 months to find it and i found it on craigslist ..some rich guy was just trying to get rid off it so i pop out the cash and took it off his hands got it with 62K. clean title like if it was from the dealer

Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never saw an answer to if you had aftermarket rims or not - they may not even have the sensors on them. That or just put some damn air in your tires - LOL.

Seriously, I remember that same feeling when that weird light came on the dash (the g35 was my first car with tire pressure monitoring) and sh*tting my pants thinking it was something awful - it is an exclamation point after all!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it back for them to fix it but auto trans tend to "jump" a little when going from R to D or visa versa, not to be worried about m8 just make sure you dont got constant clicking noise from the tranny

enjoy the car love my 06

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked her up from the dealer last night, buyers remorse this morning...