G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Found some Nismo front bumpers for 03-04 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Was it the spoiler or the spoiler n diffusers that made the .1 difference? I like my trunk lip. Lol

Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Copied from a post did a search on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenempireex
man...do these plastic pieces help at all?

egh...it's not something that someone like you and I will notice...and even so, it helps only at high speed...I'm sure Jeff Gordon can tell the difference, but no the common folks...and the other thing is that when the manufacturer measured the coefficients of drag on the G, it's listed at .27 (sedan) and .29 (coupe)...however, with the aero package (spoiler and air diffusers), the coefficients of drag lower to .26 (sedan) and .28 (coupe), and it creates zero-lift...

And it should be .01 instead of .1 (you had put .1 in your post, B4L).

Don't think it really does much of anything for us except maybe for interstate driving. It's more like one of those things that certain owners "need" to complete their ride. IDK.
I put a set on mine w/o the spoiler. My wife didn't want the trunk spoiler, therefore it did not go on. lol

rob.g

Old 09-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Yea my bad. I'm use my I pad n wasn't paying attention.

I wish someone made underbody diffuser for the whole car. I don't remember what car and the link, nut all I know is mpg went up like by 6 on the free was drag was a lot lower.

I like the spoiler but I think a m3 lip or deluxe trunk is more clean hmmmm.....

Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
UPDATE: Jshelquist just emailed me that his Nismo front bumper, which came from Rock Auto looked brand new. It (along w/ some Nismo sides) are being painted (DP) and installed now.
GL w/ the upgraded repair!
rob.g

Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ That's great news Do you happen to know if the bumper from Rock Auto comes with the front plate cover?

Man, I'm still pondering my bumper options... Kurookie, Hikkata Dori, reconditioned Nismo... oh, which one to choose from..

Old 09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by lexusk8
^ That's great news Do you happen to know if the bumper from Rock Auto comes with the front plate cover?

Man, I'm still pondering my bumper options... Kurookie, Hikkata Dori, reconditioned Nismo... oh, which one to choose from..
Don't think it came w/ the license plate cover. I sold him one along w/ some Nismo skirts. I have a few more lic covers, if you decide to go that route.
Thanks,
rob.g

Old 09-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by thaipitbull
I don't get why the States say its discontinued. I have 01' (H13) v35 here in Japan and I got a Nismo Poly Bumper from Nissan Blue Stage right down the road. Granted it is expensive as hell, but the guys says they are still available.....Maybe Nissan Japan is being stingy...
That's because you guys get all the good stuff!!! Seriously though, I think Riverside Infiniti (vender on here) could get some from Japan, but the ones they were getting were primered black and NOT color matched. They quoted me a price of $1100. I'm sure they were worth it, but for that kinda money, it needs to be AT LEAST color matched and probably installed, as well.

rob.g

Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 19kdrill
That's because you guys get all the good stuff!!! Seriously though, I think Riverside Infiniti (vender on here) could get some from Japan, but the ones they were getting were primered black and NOT color matched. They quoted me a price of $1100. I'm sure they were worth it, but for that kinda money, it needs to be AT LEAST color matched and probably installed, as well.

rob.g
ya riverside still had one last time i checked, like 2 months ago, it was a grey color that did not match any USDM color. price was way up their like above..

Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GPL777
DOMO Finally got my bumper today. Damaged! UPS somehow lost the box it was originally was in, which explains the delay and damages. Hopefully they will give me some money for the damages. That bumper on ebay looks better than mines, no joke.
UPS is really pissin me off. They sent my bumper back to Missouri. They said they were going to destroy it and refund my money after they take a look at it.
Seriously?? 1 of the last ones left. It's totally repairable. I don't know what to do now but wait. At least I kept the Plate delete. Didn't want them to lose that as well.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 19kdrill

rob.g
That sounds about right IF it was color matched. My friend ordered a bumper and it was the shipping that kicked his ***. $800+ shipped

Old 09-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by GPL777
UPS is really pissin me off. They sent my bumper back to Missouri. They said they were going to destroy it and refund my money after they take a look at it.
Seriously?? 1 of the last ones left. It's totally repairable. I don't know what to do now but wait. At least I kept the Plate delete. Didn't want them to lose that as well.
I doubt they'll "destroy" it. There's too many places reconditioning them for that to happen. I'll bet it will get shuffled to one of those places. Regardless, didn't they have a couple more? Can you get your hands one any more new ones?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by RogerG35
That sounds about right IF it was color matched. My friend ordered a bumper and it was the shipping that kicked his ***. $800+ shipped
$800 is not horrible (it IS alot). Was it color matched? The ones I've located run anywhere from $500 to $600 reconditioned, so you add a $200 paint job and your right around that price. Now $800 for a recondition or primered bumper may be a little much. Saw one on Ebay for $699 plus $85 shipping. They haven't moved it.
rob.g

BTW, there is a used one in either DG or BS on Ebay right now, but I can't get on Ebay to post a link from this PC (working FD tonight). They are wanting $400 plus $85 shipping and the item # is: 130426904087, title: 2003-04 INFINITI G35 AERO SEDAN FRONT BUMPER COVER USED

Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Depending on the feedback I get from the seller, I am buying it.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
Depending on the feedback I get from the seller, I am buying it.
David,
I sent an email to the seller on the 3rd and he just responded back to me today. Originally, he didn't have pictures in the auction, so i asked for some and if it was the real deal (polyurethane, part number K6020-AMxxx, etc).

He sent me two replies today that read:

(1) Hello, I just posted pictures of it. Part number K6020AM565. Thank you!

(2) I just posted pictures. The paint is broken and chipped. We could sandblast it for you at no additional cost so that it will be easier for your body man to sand it all the way down to bare plastic, which is what is recommended. Thank you!

Hope that helps!
rob.g

Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
Hmm, I could run it for a month or two then have it redone. What do ya think??? Did he give you a color code?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found some Nismo front bumpers for 03-04 sedan