G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

car got sandwhiched yesterday by a volvo and hyundai santa fe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Sucks for the car but the most important thing is, that you and your family are ok. Cars can be replace. It seems like you taking it ok. I know if that was my car, i would be crying a storm.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
The other car suffered very little damage compared to the G.
I rather have the car crumple and absorb the energy then let all of it travel into the passenger compartment.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, this is the 3rd time in 2 days I've seen a volvo hit a car. My friend totaled his car cus a volvo brake checked him. And then on my way home leaving compton, a volvo got rear ended and caused a 2 car collission.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
I rather have the car crumple and absorb the energy then let all of it travel into the passenger compartment.

+1000

esp on a major hit. The pain of replacing a car you like it nowhere like the pain of suffering from an injury for an extended period of time. Trust me, i've been there before.

I'll gladly take my car folding up like an accordian if it takes the impact and spares me and my occupants.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Maybe i am the only one that does this but every time i am about to stop, i hit the breaks 2-4 times depending on the distant. If the guy is daydreaming behind me, at least the flashing break lights will wake him up.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by incubus3612
[IMG]
People please pay attention when you're merging onto the highway because you never know if there might be someone stopped in front of you.
And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE all you G35 drivers, force all of your passengers to wear seatbelts before you start driving.
I'll reiterate this again. Just pay attention to driving people! Thank God you guys are alright.
I had a similar experience in high school except I ended up being thrown through the windshield and landed on the hood of the car.

The physical effects of the accident can continue up to about 2 years. I had headaches, neck, back aches long after the accident. Ensure your brother tells you all of his ailments... kids aren't aware of their body aches as much as we are.

Make sure you rest up and the residual psychologically affects me till this day. Whenever I see a car coming up too fast behind me from the rear view mirror I start having panicking.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Maybe i am the only one that does this but every time i am about to stop, i hit the breaks 2-4 times depending on the distant. If the guy is daydreaming behind me, at least the flashing break lights will wake him up.
I am definitely going to do this from now on. Thanks for the tip. This experience was honestly traumatizing, and I am glad the car took the brunt of the impact and not my family.

Originally Posted by G-girl
I'll reiterate this again. Just pay attention to driving people! Thank God you guys are alright.
I had a similar experience in high school except I ended up being thrown through the windshield and landed on the hood of the car.

The physical effects of the accident can continue up to about 2 years. I had headaches, neck, back aches long after the accident. Ensure your brother tells you all of his ailments... kids aren't aware of their body aches as much as we are.

Make sure you rest up and the residual psychologically affects me till this day. Whenever I see a car coming up too fast behind me from the rear view mirror I start having panicking.
Unfortunately people just look at these statements as cliches until they actually suffer through an accident. I have to be honest and say that used to be me, but not after this. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I just hope at least ONE person takes our advice seriously in these forums. I cannot stress how important it is to pay attention to the road at ALL TIMES and always make sure everyone is strapped in and wearing seatbelts. Don't overlook it. Don't worry if it makes you seem like a stickler. If you can save someone's life by doing this, it is worth doing a million times over.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in 3 accidents with my first car, so I know how you feel man. Glad you and the family are ok.

Is it just me or are people driving worse lately?
Here in Oregon, it seems like im dodging out of tricky situations left and right. anyone else feel the same?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:47 AM
It is a good tip huh?!? I mean if you know you got a tailgater, and there is a lot in cali, i am always flashing break lights at them when i know i am about to stop. I know there is nothing you can do to a red light so i let off the gas and roll to the light. The guy behind me wants to ride my *ss so when i am about to step on the breaks i flash them.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
this guy is awesome its a shame he got screwed over in his car!!! Just because Volvo are supposedly the safest car company doesn't mean they should pic on our tin cans!

ps theyre safe because theyre slow!!!! beaches!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
^ thanks lol
did the info I posted help you out?

hopefully the insurance will come through for me on this one
The adjuster is going to the body shop to take a look at the car tomorrow morning and he will give me a call after he's done.

question. if the headrests popped forward does that mean the entire seats need to be replaced? or just the head rests? or could they be reset? I would appreciate some info on this.

I got some more pics on Tuesday:

inside of trunk crumpled in:

small tail light cracks:

just for lulz, my hood hit my fenders and bent them. its kinda hard to tell but it's there:

Last edited by WhipWhitaker; 12-09-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
okay so they declared it totaled and valued it at $11,000

however the car had brand new blizzaks since the first week of November for which i still have the receipt so I'm hoping to bring that number up a bit

and so the search begins for a TB manual sedan

Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/2091951741.html

pretty much the furthest possible distance, ship it? no idea how much that'd cost

buuuut 6mt's are rare, and I'd say even more so in TB. the only other TB I've seen is publets (forum member) here on campus, its an 05/06 TB on wheat. but the TB on black looks sick

Last edited by tek'd-G; 12-10-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Oh wow!!! Poor G. HOpe you can get another G w/ the money you'll get.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
so I guess manual isn't even a possibility in my area. Now i'm just looking at either an 04 or 05/06 AWD
even then I still have to drive about 100 miles to find a couple of them.
My list of color pref:
1. Twilight Blue
2. Black Obsidian
3. Garnet Fire
4. Ivory Pearl

any help?

thanks everyone for the kind words.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car got sandwhiched yesterday by a volvo and hyundai santa fe