G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
what should i do?

so thing is, i took my car for service at riverside infiniti. when i got it back one of my rims was messed up, somehow it was like drilled on.. real bad. so i agreed for them to refinish it.

well after it was refinished i took it home, few days later bubbles came out, so i called them about it.. and they apologized and assured me this usually does not happen. im driving about 90-100 miles to riverside infiniti.
so i agreed to have them refinish my rim again.

well this time, another bubble came out, and another spot there is imperfections/blemish.. looks a lil bad there, noticeable from close. so i called them and told them i was tired of going back and forward and dont havwe time to be taking trips there for something that shouldnt have happened in the first place, i did ask for a new rim but seems like that was ignored?

well today i got a call from riverside infiniti, from the service manager, joe roell he told me that his wheel guy was willing to drive to san diego to fix that rim for me (funny cuz he said before when the second time it happened that the wheel guy could go, cuz his insurance didnt cover him out of riverside county area)

s joe roell asked that the guy needs a place to work, well i live in a different spot now and i dont have a garage and where i live now they do not allow work on cars, primarily because its right by the street.

should i say no and just ask for a new rim? or will that be ignored? the paint this time looks super silver, doesnt even match close to oem color.. the first time around it was alright. but now idk.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
your new rim is out of the question... if you were the dealership and say something did happen to a customers rim, you pay the wheel guy to fix it and fix it right. most likely the tech who damaged the wheel will be paying if they can prove it was related to the tech. now the tech pays like $150 his own money. The wheel guy got paid and didnt do a good job. Its now the wheel guys fault and thats about it.

The dealership can step up and find u a used rim in good condition off a car of theirs if they wanted but that would be best case. I dont see you ever getting a NEW RIM which are like $800.

things like this should never happen but its a human error, they are taking action to fix it. but i dont see a reason to give or recieve a brand new rim in this case.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:43 PM
i will try the used rim see if they can do that for me.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:48 PM
ppfft, that was out of the question. i guess im going to have to let them do it again. thing i was told is that there is maybe some sort of wax or cleaner underneath that didnt allow he paint to stick.. not sure if this is the case but i thought they sanded it down well... but i dont know the process.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at your profile. I don't see pictures of your car. Do you have OEM rims? Which ones? I wonder if it might be beneficial for you to find a decent rim someone might be selling cheap. If it was reasonable, I bet you might have been able to get them to reimburse you that amount. You could offer to sign a paper that they are no longer liable (like if you discovered a problem with that rim in two weeks).

At this point, they probably paid their wheel guy and it is his responsibility to fix it. If it is such a pain in his butt that he can't make money cause he is spending all of his time working on your rim, he might just give you the $100-$150 for a used rim himself.

Good Luck either way,

Dave

Old 12-24-2010, 02:04 PM
well the guy is going to be coming this way.
i have oem 19s. 33 all around. so they are all rear rims, not staggered.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Where can you find one used rim though alone?

Give him another shot I guess. Don't really have a choice

Old 12-24-2010, 10:14 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Where can you find one used rim though alone?

Give him another shot I guess. Don't really have a choice
^Actually sometimes it's not that hard.
Craigslist would be a good place to start.

OP, one of the guys in our car club had a similar problem. Might want to read this --> http://www.nfspmotorsports.com/forum...sg1031#msg1031
If nothing else, his writing style is great for a laugh!

Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
they'll never be able match it perfect, they use a lead based paint in Japan. can't use the same stuff here in the US, so it'll never match OEM.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGenius
they'll never be able match it perfect, they use a lead based paint in Japan. can't use the same stuff here in the US, so it'll never match OEM.
Then I would tell them they need to paint all 4 so they match. Even if they just give the op a steep discount on painting the other 3.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:20 AM
^i may just end up buying another rim and selling the one i have.. nothing else i can do. stupid dealer.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Get your rims painted or powdercoated. Nice mod that will fix your problem as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.