G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Heat/AC not blowing ANY air g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Heat/AC not blowing ANY air g35 coupe

I have a 2003 G35 Coupe. I had the radio/AC problem where the lights go off and you cannot switch anything. During this time the heat worked but blew on high at 90 degrees which was fine due to it being 10 degrees outside. Then one day the heat quit blowing. Certain times you start the car it would work and other times it wouldn't. I could start and shut it off a few times and the heat would work certain times and other times it took 5-7 times shutting the car off and then finally the heat would work. I figured it was time to replace the Radio.

Replaced the radio and the radio and ac lights and buttons work fine but still same problem with the heat not blowing even when its on low/high tried all settings and nothing changes. It only blows when it wants to after shutting it off and turning it back on a few times sometimes more than others. I have checked the blower fuses which were good. I have removed the blower motor and it spins fine and doesnt make any noises when it does run. I have run out of options.. I heard something about the blower motor relay going back? Resistor? Bad ground?

ANYTHING WILL HELP! suggestions?

The STEALORSHIP is two hours away and don't feel like them taking my money.

THANKS

Old 01-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My car is at the stealership right now with the same issue. Replaced the blower motor, and that's not the issue. I will keep you posted on what the problem is.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Appreciate it! It's -5 outside but with windchill -20 and I dot ave any heat h less I shut the at off a few times for it to kick on!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why are you posting this in the sedan section?

Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Turns out it was the relay to the blower motor that was bad. I think the part is only 30 or 40 bucks.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Nissan PN 25230-79942. $28 at my local nissan dealer. I'm not finding this part any cheaper at auto parts stores.

Link to another thread with my similar issue.
https://g35driver.com/forums/general...ermittent.html

Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM
dbuls, any luck with your issue? What you're experiencing sounds quite a bit different from what I had so I don't know if the relay would fix this or not. Your other possibility is the auto a/c amp which controls HVAC and is much more costly.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
No luck yet, the problem is the heat blows when it wants to... Aka when I turn the car on and off a few times... This is getting pretty bad because the high this week is 15 degrees... Where is the relay located? What is the computer panel behind the ac/heat buttons called?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
See the link to my thread a couple posts up for information on where the relay is. I noticed when replacing my relay (which fixed my issue) that there is another relay right next to it. It appears to be identical but we'd have to confirm if you want to try swapping it as a test. Otherwise it's relatively cheap if you want to try buying one just to see if it happens to fix it. One other thing is that with you being a 2003, the relay may be a different part from what I purchased. Rockauto.com or any other source could confirm that.

On my 2006, the "auto a/c amp" is part of the center clock cluster which is easily removed from top of the dash. That is the brain for all HVAC functions and others have had to replace theirs. I have the FSM for the 2006, but I'm not familiar with 2003 to know if it's the same.

The FSM recommends unplugging the harness from the blower motor to test 3 things: 1 - check continuity from the black ground to a ground point on the car. 2 - Check for 12v with the ignition on to other large wire. 3 - The small wire is the control wire that goes straight to the auto a/c amp. This needs to be tested for continuity back to the harness on the amp. You'll also want to verify that both of your 15amp fuses are good. Maybe pop them out and reseat.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
why are you posting this in the sedan section?
Maybe sedan people just provide better answers? jk

Old 01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Falls- checked the fuses and reseated them. Will try to switch the relays when i get get home.. Do you know If it is the same on 03?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Coupes don't have a heater. You should have bought a sedan.

J/K

Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you have radiator coolant? and if so check to make sure there isnt any air in the lines, it could be a very simple fix

Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
I think air in the system would result in blowing cold air rather than the blower not working?

dbuls I'd highly recommend downloading the FSM for your car. It's big and usually split up int 20+ PDF's but it really comes in handy. This is the same thing Nissan techs use as a reference. In case you're wondering, the site below has been around for quite a while and is similar to infinitihelp.com.
http://www.xenonz33.com/Files/FSM/2003_G35_Coupe.zip

Looking at rockauto.com, you definitely have a different relay design than my 2006. Your blower motor relays appears to be a normal size whereas the 2006 relay is super small and probably more prone to failure. I also don't see another relay listed for 2003's that is the same part as the blower relay so you won't be able to do a swap test.

If you haven't disconnected the blower wiring harness to test the ground and 12v wire with the ignition on, I would start there. The FSM will also instruct you to do this.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Alright fellas this thread is nearly a year old im aware and im sorry for the bump/trouble. Im having no luck and im only 19 so i dont have wads of cash to spend at the stealership. Ive been having a buttload of electrical problems with my 03 coupe after i shorted the fuse that controls the parking and clearance lights. First i started having issues with my lights on my console for the ac only. They started working again outta nowhere. Then my ac stopped working COMPLETELY i can press the buttons which now light up and nothing happens the round amber light doesnt come on and neither does the ac i know my rear defroster works i can hear it and tell its defrosting but thats all. It seems like theres no power to the part of the dash that reads out the compass the ac and outside temp as well. Anyone seen this problem? Can anyone help? Ive been freezing lately!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heat/AC not blowing ANY air g35 coupe