G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

05 Sedan Suspension HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Sedan Suspension HELP!

Hey guys looking to lower my 05 Sedan a bit from factory setting but dont really want to have to get into upgrading struts and getting camber kits. Maybe someone can shed some light on putting in g35 coupe-g37 coupe-350z springs and possible affects that would place on the vehicle. Thank you

Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No matter what spring you use, once you lower you'll need rear camber kit or you'll be running neg cambers.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kayveeee
No matter what spring you use, once you lower you'll need rear camber kit or you'll be running neg cambers.
and whats wrong with neg camber? depending on your drop you might not need any camber kit im on tein stechs and no camber kits means i have -1.8 camber all around and my tires last fine once i got my toe in spec

Old 04-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
you will have no problems with camber if you run OEM coupe or Z springs. The only thing that would be of concern is the shocks and struts. Being an 05 I imagine that that are probably already at the end of their life anyways.

Just get an alignment afterwards and make sure your TOE is in spec and you will be fine.

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...nsion-pix.html

Old 04-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nothing is wrong with neg camber, Im running neg cambers right now. I'm just stating what the results would come to.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Really appriciate the help guys. To be honest I just go my car checked out and the mechanic said the suspension is in great condition still. Which would you guys recommend getting. Coupe springs or 350z springs.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by vkenda01
Really appriciate the help guys. To be honest I just go my car checked out and the mechanic said the suspension is in great condition still. Which would you guys recommend getting. Coupe springs or 350z springs.
Depending on the shocks/struts you have, if you have sport shock/struts. You can go with the G/Z combo (front Z springs and rear G coupe springs), which will give you a mild even drop.

Be careful, once you do a mild drop now, you'll want to go moar low later...

I have a full revised Z suspension and love it.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
If you are over 60K miles I would factor in new shocks/struts into your budget. They are one of the largest overlooked/neglected wear items on a vehicle.

As far as which springs, thats up to you.
From the link I provided you will see that
A) coupe springs will lower you .5"
B) Z springs will lower you 1"
C) G/Z will be a combo of both.

I had Z springs all the way around, but I didnt like the uneven fender gaps (more of a gap up front) so I swapped the rears with coupe springs.
I loved that set-up until I changed my wheels and tires, so now im on coil-overs.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
I just got a 350Z suspension put on my car and took it for an alignment yesterday. They were able to get everything in spec for the 350Z specs (camber included).

Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DrewLe
Depending on the shocks/struts you have, if you have sport shock/struts. You can go with the G/Z combo (front Z springs and rear G coupe springs), which will give you a mild even drop.

Be careful, once you do a mild drop now, you'll want to go moar low later...

I have a full revised Z suspension and love it.

How do you like the ride on that Z suspension Drew? It's not too stiff is it? Also, did that give you more than an inch drop? Any camber kits needed? I have unrevised z springs right now and at 76k, I'm looking for new shocks and struts. Can't decide between oem sports, tokico dspecs, and now thanks to you, full revised z setup. Any input is appreciated

Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Agreed, depending on miles of your 05, you might as well swap shocks/struts if you do the Z or G35 coupe suspension. You can get complete used sets for cheap on here and the Z forums. I've been on Z front and unrevised G35 coupe rear springs along with my sport struts/shocks for 2 years and love it. My camber specs are negative but I cross rotate my tires every 6K and havent seen any abnormal wear.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPenguin
How do you like the ride on that Z suspension Drew? It's not too stiff is it? Also, did that give you more than an inch drop? Any camber kits needed? I have unrevised z springs right now and at 76k, I'm looking for new shocks and struts. Can't decide between oem sports, tokico dspecs, and now thanks to you, full revised z setup. Any input is appreciated
The ride quality isn't too bad and not too stiff IMO. I like a stiffer ride myself considering I rode in a G on coilovers for the first time the other day and loved it. Makes me want to go moar low now lol. But it depends on you and the ride quality that you want.

I believe I got roughly an inch drop all the way around, fender to ground specs are 27" front and 26.75" rear. No camber kits were needed.

Out of the list you mentioned, I think the dspecs would be best considering it's an aftermarket shock/strut and adjustable.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
^ Thanks alot! That was very helpful! I'm gonna go with the Dspecs and my Z springs.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
If you do lower your car, would you be interested in selling me the OEM springs? I am in search of a set. I would also be willing to trade you straight up for my Eibachs if interested. Send me an email directly if interested. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vkenda01
Hey guys looking to lower my 05 Sedan a bit from factory setting but dont really want to have to get into upgrading struts and getting camber kits. Maybe someone can shed some light on putting in g35 coupe-g37 coupe-350z springs and possible affects that would place on the vehicle. Thank you
I was in the same position a couple years ago. Do some searching and you'll see that what you are looking for is a 350z revised suspension and g35 coupe springs for the rear which will give you an even 1" drop all around.

This combo will allow you to align very close to factory specs so no camber kit is necessary. Getting a full 350z suspension means the front spring will already be installed on the shock, so it's a easy direct swap. The rears have the shock and springs in seperate places so it's easy to just use the coupe springs instead of the z springs.

1" drop will still give you a great ride and look without having camber issues. With that said... I just went back to stock and I'm selling the full setup. Need to see what they are going for before I decide on price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 05 Sedan Suspension HELP!