G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My G35 Problems, please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03rollaS
Hahah Im not even playing bro... They say it will be a 2 day job and make it 2 weeks. They always keep the car for about 3 days or more... Yet when leaving it, they say oh it will be done today.... Im glad you havent had any problems. The f'ed up the ECM trying to reprogram it. But we got a new one and car runs strong and perfect. So I am happy. The Bose system keeps cutting out, but I wont have them touch it until they replace both the amp and cd player at same time...

Im jus glad I didnt mod it yet, else im sure they would blame the ECM problem on mods. So Im holding out on the Z tube for now :-/...

Dont hold out on the Ztube, its an OEM part of Nissan even if it isnt meant fore our car, its meant for the same engine and i dont even consider it a mod, you will have no problems at all! Your Bose cuts out? Man i wonder why

Old 12-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I was planning to do the Z tube with pop charger... For now I will just do the Z tube and add the pop charger later on I guess...

haha as for the Bose, the left side speakers will go out... The have replaced so far cd player, amp and checked all the wiring... I told them to replace both at the same time, as Prabhacar just told me. So I will find out if it solves the problem.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damm man, well good luck with it, hope everything's cool in the end

Old 12-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks, I hope so too!

Old 12-02-2004, 07:35 PM
I've had the same freekin problem with my left speakers. They have looked at it twice, one time replacing two speakers and the other time they replaced the amp. I'll print out this thread and show it to them so they can be fixed correctly.

Thanx for the info!

Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by dnapoli
I've had the same freekin problem with my left speakers. They have looked at it twice, one time replacing two speakers and the other time they replaced the amp. I'll print out this thread and show it to them so they can be fixed correctly.

Thanx for the info!

Not a problem. Its weird how there is no TSB or recall for this? Oh well. But yea make sure you have them replace the cd player and amp at the same time .

Also let me know how long it takes them and if it fixes the problem. I am still waiting for the part. Wish you luck ...

Old 03-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Update, Infiniti and dealer both deny that anyone else has problems with the Bose sound system. Yet I read about many people, even the 05 guys now complaining of issues. Bose later admited to it fault and sent a custom part. The custom part ruined it even worse and now cd player wont take cds. Aside from that latest issue was a spark and then smokey smell. I have filed for legal action and this was their last attempt to fix the car. Researching I have seen Audis/Infiniti cars as old as 1991 catch fire and have similar problems with the Bose system. It sucks how Infiniti and dealer treat me like **** after dropping so much on the car and lovin it.. So I have also now have added repurchase as part of the plan.
Sadly might see the G leave, its an awesome car but Infiniti and the dealer along with gay Bose ruined it for us. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Also would you guys with the Bose problems(all years) be willing to send your contact info and your problem if I request it down the line? This way I can prove the problem is not with just our car as Infiniti says so.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Apparently now a field engineer is supposed to come, he hasn't come the past 2 days when he was supposed to...

Old 03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I have an 04 g35x and my deck has been replaced already and the speakers have started with the problems stated above if it gets worse the dealership will get the car back and I won't take it till the problems are fixed you don't pay the price they want for these cars and have the problems everybody is having with there cars!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Yes you see the problem is, they fix it and the problem comes back! Right now they gave us an FX35 ... But they CANNOT permanently remedy the problem. You will be going back and forth the whole time!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Plus you are wasting money, since your car sits at stealership and you can't use it.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am on my THIRD head unit. It is always the same problem, the left side speakers cutting out on CD mode only.

They are BS'ing you that this is an isolated case.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 03rollaS
Update, Infiniti and dealer both deny that anyone else has problems with the Bose sound system. Yet I read about many people, even the 05 guys now complaining of issues. Bose later admited to it fault and sent a custom part. The custom part ruined it even worse and now cd player wont take cds. Aside from that latest issue was a spark and then smokey smell. I have filed for legal action and this was their last attempt to fix the car. Researching I have seen Audis/Infiniti cars as old as 1991 catch fire and have similar problems with the Bose system. It sucks how Infiniti and dealer treat me like **** after dropping so much on the car and lovin it.. So I have also now have added repurchase as part of the plan.
Sadly might see the G leave, its an awesome car but Infiniti and the dealer along with gay Bose ruined it for us. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Also would you guys with the Bose problems(all years) be willing to send your contact info and your problem if I request it down the line? This way I can prove the problem is not with just our car as Infiniti says so.
Sadly, Infiniti consumer services would rather loose a customer than spend money helping people. I have frequently written about my 2003 I35 with a front end vibration that they could not fix after 6 attempts. Infinit consumer services is great at inputting your problem into the computer but no real person wants to help. The dealer took back my I35 and gave me a great deal on the G but in realty , when u figure what I lost on the I35, the G probably actually cost me sticker. The dealer sold my I35 to an older couple that probably won't do over 65 and won't feel the vibration. In reality, the dealer helped me and saved losing their staff for a day at lemon law, they also made a profit on three sales this way, the original sale of the I35 to me, the G35 to me and I35 lemon wanna be sale to the older couple. So, the G is my last Infiniti/Nissan product.

Last edited by G35sedanman; 03-11-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
I have the same problem about the left front speaker cutting out (04 6MT w/NAV - picked up in July 04). The service rep at my dealer - Ray Catena in Edison, NJ - has actually heard about this problem and is willing to replace the stereo/head unit next week. Should I even bother if the problem is not going to be fixed?

Old 03-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I am on my THIRD head unit. It is always the same problem, the left side speakers cutting out on CD mode only.

They are BS'ing you that this is an isolated case.

Yup had same exact problem! And the thing is they have replaced CD player and Amp 3 times as well... If not more... Just got the car back with the "custom" fix from Bose... Works ok as of now. Will report back any new findings... Infiniti service/consumer affairs can suck mine... I get a 100 times better service when I go to Toyota. Anways I NEVER go to a dealer for any work for this sole reason, unless its warranty...

Yes ChicagoX I know they were lieing, since I told them I know there are a lot more people with problems. And how Inifiniti and Acura have had similar problems in past. I never liked Bose and and true audiophiles will agree.

We love the car, its so pimp! Just sucks Infiniti people suck...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 Problems, please help!