G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Blose stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bose stereo

I would like to add: Fixing a bad stereo is (1) very expensive, and (2) means you can't lease the car, you have to buy it outright. I would much rather lease it. The stereo thus becomes much more important to me.

Old 11-18-2004, 11:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like you can't upgrade the stereo with a lease. That makes no sense. If you cared about music so much, you wouldn't pay extra for the Bose, it's as simple as that, because at test drive time you'd have tried both and seen that the Bose wasn't to your liking. It's silly to decide you're an audiophile after you've already chosen a stereo upgrade in your car which you don't like.

Like I said, a _true_ audiophile will fit an after market system or at least make some simple upgrades (sub, amps, and some decent speakers). A wannabe audiophile will just bitch about the stereo they have in their car and not do anything about it.

It plays music, I'm pretty sure that's all infiniti cared about. I _do_ like to crank my music and yes this stereo isn't great, but I have the option to upgrade it whenever I so please. And yes, I lease.

Jase aka Doogie
04 G35S

Old 11-18-2004, 11:59 AM
raises all-in

Basically, people fall into three categories:

1.) People want something that sounds decent, and is not obsessed with nuances that an audiophile would otherwise be.

2.) People who want their system to sound good at high volumes (for attention).

3.) "Car audiophiles". It's kind of an oxymoron, because any car audio system will be hampered by engine/exhaust/road noise. And if you turn it loud enough so that it's not, you're listening at unsafe decibel levels. If you're really that concerned with listening to great sounding music, a good headphone amp + a good set of closed-ear headphones will blow away anything you can put in your car.

CoMiNg SoOn
2005 G35 Sedan 6MT
Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Premium, Navigation, Splash Guards, Trunk mat

Old 11-18-2004, 12:01 PM

Forget about the term "audiophile" for now. That makes it seem like one has to have his head in the clouds to believe the system sounds good. There are people who love to drive to music (and if you're an aggressive driver in a fast car, it's typically not symphonies), and for us, the system will either do the job or not. Bose typically won't. Bose does play classical well, but that's not what I want when I'm driving a fast car.

If leasing is not a problem, then what do you do at the end of the lease? Tear it all out? The dealer doesn't want aftermarket parts - the car will still be under warranty, but the stereo replacement parts won't be. Will the dealer not give me a hassle about this? Also, will I be able to find a car with premium and sport packages in Southern California and no Bose? If there's only one car like this, I lose a lot of bargaining power.

What really pi$$es me off is that I would have to spend $2000 to fix a bad stereo for a 3 year lease. Why don't these auto makers dump Bose and give people something decent for their extra $750-900 that they're being charged for the upgraded stereo??

Old 11-18-2004, 12:13 PM

I am into my music, and still like the Bose. You are most likely one of those people who cranks their music so loud, everyone else has to suffer through it at a light!

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.....oh, hi Johnnydriver!!!

'04 G35X Graphite/graphite, NAV, wood, premium

"May you lead an interesting life..." -- Old Gypsy Curse

Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 PM

LOL, I am really not like that. I live on a busy street am regularly subjected to boomy cars. It sucks, but not as bad as Harleys with no mufflers. I like to crank my music and drive fast, but I'm not an a-hole with respect to either one.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:24 PM

where is the TROLL? figures....

g4ian

Old 11-18-2004, 01:44 PM

Johnny, for certain types of music the sedan Bose sounds quite good....on some other stuff - not so good. I have found this sytsem to be VERY dependent on the quality of the input source. Well recorded music sounds pretty darn good on it, but poorly recorded, muddy stuff is just intolerable on the sedan Bose. The last Staind cd is an example of one that is soooo muddy i just refuse to play it in my car. Jonny Lang's "wander This World" is an example of a very well recorded cd that sounds GREAT on the bose. On music that is very bass heavy (The new Perfect Circle cd is a good example), there is a decided tendency to get rattles or buzzing from the door panels...There is a fix out for this, but I haven't had it applied yet. I did get the rear parcel shelf fix applied, and it did kill a very annoying buzz that was coming from back there.

I don't listen to Rap or Dance music, but I imagine it would not sound good at all on the bose. What styles of music do you listen to most frequently Johnny? Just curious. For me it is Alternative, Blues, Metal, and Classic Rock for the most part, with a sprinkling of Jazz and Acoustic music.

Old 11-18-2004, 03:11 PM

Hey GeeSpot, I listen to all kinds of stuff. Examples: electronic like Air, classic rock like The Who and Bowie, alternative like Beck, trip-hop like Morcheeba. No dance or rap, though.

What I like from a stereo is to be able to feel the music in my body. I like to feel a thump from a kick drum, and a sizzle or a crunch from a guitar. But not a boomy sound, more of a tight sound. What typically sounds best with rock music. A good stereo will give you this quality without having to turn it up so much it damages your hearing.

I hate my wife's A4 Bose. After some posts on this thread I called a friend who got a G35 for his wife with the Bose. I only heard her stereo once and didn't remember it too well. He knows the Audi's Bose and said the G's is better but not by much. It's just very frustrating to me. I don't mean to get down the members here, my frustration is with the Bose company and the makers who use them. The A4 had a hidden EQ function that could have improved her stereo a lot, but they made Audi take that function off the head unit in her car two years ago because they don't like people changing the "Bose sound." They are so arrogant!

Thanks for the info on being able to tame buzzing on the G. I will know to look on this board for solutions if I'm lucky enough to be driving one early next year.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:02 PM

Why are you guys arguing with him? Are you Infiniti salesmen?

Who cares Johnny. You don't like the stereo. It's important to you. Okay so don't buy the car.

BTW I happen to agree with you. The Bose system sucks, but I knew it before I bought my car. To me other factors outweighed the suckiness of the stereo.

2003.5 5AT Sedan Black/Black Premium/Winter Packages<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by alderran on 11/20/04 01:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 11-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD

I like my bose stereo--and I listen to most all types of music. Maybe the Infiniti G35 should have come out with a 3.0 liter 190hp v6 and a standard $5000 stereo---That would rock----NOT.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:52 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Why are you guys arguing with him? Are you Infiniti salesmen?

<hr></blockquote>
alderran,
Your are right, but I think people checking these threads need to see the other side of the coin too, not just the people who claim not to like it, that is why I reply to some of these threads.

Brilliant Silver/Graphite/Premium/Chrome Wheels '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 11-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Re: Blose stereo

LOL, with the combination of tire noise, wind noise, engine noise, sound reflection from the speakers to the windows, an environment that is created by metal, an improper sitting position for listening to music, and speakers way above your ear level, you can certainty enjoy great quality of music from the Bose system!

j/k

I don't know much about audio stuffs, but I just believe that a car is inherently not a nice place for listening to any kind of high quality of music.

As soon as those car speakers can produce "sound", I will be satisfy with it.

Cheers!

Old 11-21-2004, 01:56 PM
Re: Blose stereo

Bose system in my G sure beats the garbage I had in my Honda! I have 5 kids 3 of which are teenagers and that system plays everything and anything that they load in! I have to say...it's good systems especially for stock! )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blose stereo