G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Blose stereo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bose stereo

Alderran, you've obviously been around here long enough to know this is a discussion site. I'm just stating my opinion about something that pisses me off, and hoping to get some intelligent responses. There are other things I like about the car or I wouldn't be here.

By stating my opinion, I can accomplish several things:

- I can let prospective buyers know that just because it says "Premium Bose Sound System" on the sticker, which they will pay big $$$ for, that doesn't mean it's a better stereo--or even a good stereo. They shouldn't buy the Bose unless they've heard it and like it that much better, or unless they can't find the car they want without the Bose.

- Nissan is aware of these forums. They know about the posts. If enough people post their opinions on something, they will know where problems lie. This stuff isn't big potatoes to them by any means, but every little bit helps.

- Owners of G35s can help me with my concerns. They can tell me that my impression is wrong, that the Bose actually sounds good. They can tell me how they improved the sound with some cheap modifications. They can tell me how they improved their sound with an aftermarket system that cost big $$$ but was worth every penny. Or they can just tell me my impression was right.

So lay off, please. You don't have to argue with me. If others want to reply to my posts, that's their right.

Old 11-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnny.... You don't have to spend $2k to make the Bose sound better. A crossover and some seperates in the fronts, and some coax's in the back will have the stock sound system sounding a TON better. Then, if you want, you could add a decent sub and a couple amps too. They don't have to be the best amps money can buy, but all of these things (and any of these things) has the stock system sounding a LOT better without changing the head unit. And yeah, at the end of the lease, take it all out. It's not majorly destructive, and it's pretty easy to find buyer for stuff like this, or, just use them on your next car.

Jase aka Doogie
04 G35S

Old 11-22-2004, 02:17 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan

The Bose system sux, but it's good enough to drown out all the creaks and rattles inside the cabin so that's good enough for me I guess.

Old 11-22-2004, 10:31 AM

The Bose system isnt too bad, but Ive had nothing but problems with mine... And am still having problems... I just wish the retards can figure it out and fix it :-/...

On the other hand, I have a custom sound system in my other car and it does sound better :-D... heheh

Old 12-16-2004, 06:41 PM
JPT
this hater...i got bose in my g and in my home...they both rock...all i added to my g's bose system was a simple box and amp for under 1000...and it kicks...if u got such a problem with the bose system...wear a fckin walkman when ur driving and look exactly like the ******* u are

Old 12-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by doogie
Johnny.... You don't have to spend $2k to make the Bose sound better. A crossover and some seperates in the fronts, and some coax's in the back will have the stock sound system sounding a TON better.
Hey doogie, thanks for the good news. I will look for more info on this stuff around the site after I get my car. Even if it's only for 3 years, a good stereo is worth the money.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:09 PM
What happened to the car enthusiast that says "this thing sounds so good I turned the music OFF"?

Old 12-30-2004, 01:39 AM
I completely agree with you Johnny, the Bose system sucks. There's no way to get premium package w/out Bose. So the only other option we have is to fix the problem, by putting in some aftermarket stuff. Bose is really overrated, but the $2k for the premium package has alot more than just Bose.
There are time that you want to hear the engine sound and there are time that you just want to roll up the window and get from point A to point B. The car interior noise is not that bad, so and moderate volume would be enough to drown out the noise. To some, audio is not very important, that's why they think the Bose is good. To other, Bose sucks. The best song to test the stereo system I think is the "Hotel California" by the Eagles. In my previous system, you can hear the string being plucked and the drum being hit. The Bose is just muddy sound.
To those who say wear a headphone, hope you know it's ILLEGAL to wear headphone on both ears while driving.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
My cousin owns "import modz" in NJ. People who lives in NJ should know the shop. I currently own 2001 golf, I drove my car to NJ to put audio and video system in. I gave my cousin $3000 and he put in about $6000 worth of stuff in retail price. I'm in Atlanta right now and I roll down my window to blast my system. IMO, people like different settings as far as it comes to audio system. I'm getting 2005 g35 with premium and sport package next Wed, and "yes" it comes with bose system. It is much nicer system than most car, I could spent couple of grand to make my system better, but I won't do it this time. Like some of you already said it, premium package comes with other nice stuff. Your 3000 or so on premium package is not all for the bose system. If you don't mind spending extra money to make the sound system better, then go for it. If bose system cut it for you, then you'll have extra money in your bank(or pocket). Personaly I'm sticking with bose system, with 280hp, I don't think others will have chance to hear my stero system, cause I will be passing them by really really fast? .... lol

Old 12-30-2004, 08:29 PM
bose not bad compared to...

I had a 2001 Acura TL and my wife ended up buying a 2001 Acura CL. Talk about a Bose system that Bose should be embarrassed to put thier name on!! That was the one. The Bose in My 04 Sedan is not bad. Have I heard better systems. Of course. Does my Bose rock enough to make me happy..YES. Do I need to have my car and three others around me shake when I turn up my stereo? NO. The G Bose is loud enough and sounds good enough for me. Besides if it was any louder or basier, I'd be afraid that the screws holding the interior together would fall out and the car would turn into a rattle trap. Not tyring to be funny or nasty but when you turn up the base, I hear things vibrating and buzzing.

Last edited by G35sedanman; 12-30-2004 at 08:36 PM.