G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Attention New Tranny!!! Relearn

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attention New Tranny!!! Relearn

Ok so i had to change my transmission due to pressure switch #3 not keeping the pressure. I have a high stall tc the punch doesnt feel the same way.

Does the TCM have to re learn my driving style again?

Does anyone notice a lag of about 1 to 1.5 seconds when they are shifting in manumatic?

Other than these two question the car is running fine.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I can't post what I wanted to. Let's just say I took the title of your thread COMPLETELY the wrong way.

I'm sorry, I don't have a clue.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
No I dont have a long shift time, higher RPM more line pressure faster shifting,

Lower tranny pressure?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
The higher stall converter could have some effect but I wouldn't think it would make this shifts and slower.

When you swapped transmissions what did you go with? If it was a used transmission did you have the EEPROM erased? Its part of the valve body and it pairs up with the TCM on the FIRST startup. It can only be erased by dealer setups from what I read and with discussions with some transmission guys. If your TCM didn't write and pair up with the EEPROM on the Valve body then you should just take it to the dealer and pay them $60-120 to "flash the valve body". It should allows full communication to the trans.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
The higher stall converter could have some effect but I wouldn't think it would make this shifts and slower.

When you swapped transmissions what did you go with? If it was a used transmission did you have the EEPROM erased? Its part of the valve body and it pairs up with the TCM on the FIRST startup. It can only be erased by dealer setups from what I read and with discussions with some transmission guys. If your TCM didn't write and pair up with the EEPROM on the Valve body then you should just take it to the dealer and pay them $60-120 to "flash the valve body". It should allows full communication to the trans.
The High TC makes lower rpm seems mushy at the pedal, That is the same as before but my shifts when TC locks up was fast & hard in the old trans an no lag. Now with this USED trans same TC shifts are not as hard and not as quick (lag)... The part about the EEPROM sounds good. Should I just go to the dealer and request this done to my car? Have you ever had this done or can you give me a link to where you heard of this "flash"

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I can't post what I wanted to. Let's just say I took the title of your thread COMPLETELY the wrong way.

I'm sorry, I don't have a clue.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by kyemaul
The High TC makes lower rpm seems mushy at the pedal, That is the same as before but my shifts when TC locks up was fast & hard in the old trans an no lag. Now with this USED trans same TC shifts are not as hard and not as quick (lag)... The part about the EEPROM sounds good. Should I just go to the dealer and request this done to my car? Have you ever had this done or can you give me a link to where you heard of this "flash"

I'm not sure what your problem is, exactly? A high stall TC will give you a "mushy" gas pedal. You should consider an auxiliary trans cooler if you do not have one already btw to curb another tranny install.

The lag in shift time can be improved with a grounding kit. Perhaps you have the ECU problem above. I've not heard of that in my short time at g35driver but definitely worth checking into.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
I know all about the mushy gas pedal around town drivng. The high stall tc is not the problem. My problem is that there is a lag when I shift that was never there. I allready have a grounding kit previously to tranny replacement.....I allready had a tranny cooler...(put on after I started to kinda notice tranny pressure issues) but even with the lost of pressure in the trans the shifting der was no lag. Now new trans not lost in pressure codes and now lag. Thanks tho. Still trying to figuire this out. Doubt I have a ecu issue