G35 1000 point Safety Inspection...All G Owners welcome...PICS & VIDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the asking price?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
As far a the lower control arm bushings go, if the lca isn't centered in between the subframe, then your bushings are bad. Very common problem and it looks like it isn't centered from your pics, at least from what I can tell (viewing from my phone)

Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Guys i purchased the vehicle for $13,000 + TTL and it was a little higher than i wanted but the condition of the vehicle for the mileage was excellent. The interior is 9.25 out of 10 and in my favorite color BLACK. The drive from Houston to Dallas was excellent and only issue I noticed was TPMS sensor turned on after 150 miles. I went to a gas station later and checked the dealership had it at 40psi and i dialed it down to 36psi. The light initially is off upon start up and then after 100 or so miles it turn on. I have only put 300 miles on the vehicle. Driving in Dallas and all through out the light has been off but i am worried they previous owner might have used fix-a-flat and ruined a sensor

The oil level was full when I left Houston and it was full as well when I got here in Dallas. I will monitor it for 1000 miles and see how the Oil consumption is. The only other issue I noticed was the common sticky clutch pedal that gets stuck when coming back up. It only happened after heavy shifting in Houston but after getting on the highway and driving 100 miles the pedal returned back to normal. Since then I have driven in Dallas and the pedal is functioning 100%. I will use wd40 on the clutch pedal assembly and change out the fluid for some fresh fluid soon. I will see if problem returns and then try slave cylinder followed by master. The last minor attention is a 4 wheel alignment that needs to be performed since car is pulling to the right (any suggestions).

The front hood has couple rock chips that i took picture of earlier that the dealership agreed to touch up. The grill was popped out and I just had to clipp it back in place. The front bumper has a black lip chin but it is tucked underneath and does not look like any holes on the bumper from a lip that was missing. I will be looking into a nice front lip that blends in with the rest of the vehicle. For mods I think I am going basic for now. Plenum spacer, Remus exhaust (already own), Intake, new bushings for LCA and CR, 350z Springs(...any suggestions), Short shifter (unless it puts stress on pivot ball) Slim subwoofer(need space for stroller ).

Any suggestions on maintenance for the vehicle it is at 82300 miles. I plan to attack the spark plugs down the road along with a belt but worried about belt tension.

Overall i am happy with purchase and it fills my family needs of having a sedan for baby boi and my desire for a 6 spd 300hp vehicle.

thanks

EDIT: I did hear what i think is axle clicking from the rear and i remember seeing a TSB about greasing the splines so that might be in the near future. Any issue if it is left unattended for 3-4 months or needs to be taken care of sooner.

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I would look under the front bumper if u can.. looks like in one of the pictures that the front was repaired (painted or replaced)

Old 05-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow, I paid less than that for my 04 6 speed with 42k miles. Mine had some previous mods, but wasn't as clean as yours is.

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of g35 ownership.

Per forum rules, new owners must READ stickied threads and SEARCH before creating threads asking about their new purchase.

Last edited by SkyWay; 05-03-2011 at 02:21 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Thank for the input i will be looking underneath for any paint work done on the vehicle. The carfax and autocheck both came back clean but that does not mean it is accident free. The previous owner could have easily had it repaired personally at a shop and paid cash for it without reporting to insurance. I was specifically looking for a 2005 or 2006 model to get the updated dash along with the CD009 transmission. After hearing the stories of the older revision tranny I decided to step up to 2005 or 2006 and skip the extended warranty. I would eventually like to replace the bumper or add a nice lip chin spoiler to complete the lookup. I expect wear and tear on a vehicle that is 6 years old on the exterior but was extremely happy about the interior and engine/transmission. The bushings are in fair condition and I will be replacing them with SPL/Whiteline down the road at 100k. Spark plugs, Belts and Fluids will come before any major mods since this is a daily driver and reliability is key (i know i know...performance sedan).

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Now the bad news
There's a known TPMS sensor problem. Not sure what it is but the answers are on here. FYI I've run my tires at 45+ PSI (autocross) and not had the TPMS system trip. I think it only detects low pressure.

Also, it's a rev up right? If so the plenum spacer doesn't do much. Motordyne has posted about that here or on their website. I don't know much about it so check it out from the horses mouth.

As for front lips, might want to check out the Ionic OEM replica.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
B T
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
definately check out the frp radiator core support since it looks like you may have taken damage in the front passenger side, mine had damage without knowing and eventually it broke, the radiator dropped and killed the coolant pressure sensor in the radiator. Great looking car btw

Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know it may seem obvious, but I made the mistake when I first got mine ....did you check the air pressure of the spare?

Old 05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Yes, no tech pack on the 05-06. just the premium packs, and navigation.

And congrats on the new car!!

Old 05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Those bushings look ok. I would budget some cash to replace them all anyway. The OEM front end bushings are weak.

Miles? It's seen some salt judging by the undercarriage. FYI. I hate owning car with rust like that, it makes them 10x harder to maintain (suspension work, exh, etc etc).

Seems like a clean car. The slotted rotors make me thing abuse, but it seems like they did all the brakes and maybe got those as the cheapest option. Those rear rotor hats look very new like they replaced them. They should be in worse shape to match the light surface rust on the various undercarriage bits.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Yes, no tech pack on the 05-06. just the premium packs, and navigation.

And congrats on the new car!!
You're a little late to the party brotha.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I know haha but meh!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AuAltima3.5

Seems like a clean car. The slotted rotors make me thing abuse, but it seems like they did all the brakes and maybe got those as the cheapest option. Those rear rotor hats look very new like they replaced them. They should be in worse shape to match the light surface rust on the various undercarriage bits.
i agree the slotted rotors makes me think the same thing but all in all congratz!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks for all the nice input guys and I am really enjoying this Beast and getting to learn the quirks of the 6mt. I have found some really good people on the forum in the DFW forum to help me out with Labor on LCA bushings, CR bushings, Control Arm, Springs/shocks, 90k maint and even clutch jobs. I am happy to work with a seasoned forum expert and one that has prior experience on the 350z/G35. I will need to do the rear tires within 3-4 months and have found a really nice pair of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 for $150 with 10/32 tread ~ 90%-95%. My buddy has access to an alignment rack and tire mounting/balancing so that works out nicely.

What blew my mind was when i got dealer to get information on Service history they said the car had a warranty till like 7/2013...WOW . The catch is the dealer will not help with transfer since it was not a private party. I am glad to know the vehicle was maintained and has an extended elite warranty. I will try to track down original owner and offer them some $$$ to transfer it.

I took it to the alignment shop for a quick checkup and had a friend to a free adjustment to the alignment toe and caster. The front passenger has -1.3* camber and no way for them to adjust which is causing a slight right pull and inner wear on tire. If you look in the picture the front grill was damaged slightly and I have since popped it back in place. I will take some high res pictures tomorrow of engine bay/radiator and underbody by the bumper. I did not see any holes for a lip or any damage to the bottom except some scuff on the bottom bumper.

Edit: One really nice touch i saw was the previous owner installed clear 3m shield on the headlights, side mirrors, under door handles, and edges of door. So all those are in mint condition and i would just need to touch up the front and rear bumper. I will add a lip in the front bumper and slap a remus exhaust to see how it sounds on it.

CROSSFIRE SYSTEM JL AUDIO

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/...plete-wow.html

http://www.crossfireforum.org/galler...0&ppuser=22648

REMUS

Acura i had during College and mods I would eventually like on G35: Carputer / Slim fiberglass enclosure / HID retrofit

Last edited by faiz23; 05-04-2011 at 05:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 1000 point Safety Inspection...All G Owners welcome...PICS & VIDS