G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help

Had my car in for an oil change and walked out with an estimate for 2000$ to fix the AC. Long story short, it was not cooling like it should so I mentioned could you check it and maybe top it off. At first they said its a leak with some 0 rings and would take a couple of hours to fix, I said lets do it. It was late in the day and they actually gave me a car to get home. The next morning they called and asked me to come in. Because they could not get the high and low pressure pipes off near the firewall from the evaporator they actually cut the high pressure one to try and get it off from the evaporator core They said both high and low pressure pipes are seized to the evaporator ones coming out of the firewall

They say its a whole day to get the evaporator core out because they have to remove the whole dash, is this true or can you just access it by removing the glove compartment. Also was wondering if those high and low pressure lines that come out of the evaporator are only connected via an expansion valve which means I can save the evaporator. 2000$ and because of my high milage the car might only be worth 6000$ but I still love her, Its a 2003 sedan
Thanks and sorry to be so long. I found a used evaporator and the 2 hoses for 200$ from a scrap yard, would this be wise or should I buy new.

GBoy

Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GBoy
Had my car in for an oil change and walked out with an estimate for 2000$ to fix the AC. Long story short, it was not cooling like it should so I mentioned could you check it and maybe top it off. At first they said its a leak with some 0 rings and would take a couple of hours to fix, I said lets do it. It was late in the day and they actually gave me a car to get home. The next morning they called and asked me to come in. Because they could not get the high and low pressure pipes off near the firewall from the evaporator they actually cut the high pressure one to try and get it off from the evaporator core They said both high and low pressure pipes are seized to the evaporator ones coming out of the firewall

They say its a whole day to get the evaporator core out because they have to remove the whole dash, is this true or can you just access it by removing the glove compartment. Also was wondering if those high and low pressure lines that come out of the evaporator are only connected via an expansion valve which means I can save the evaporator. 2000$ and because of my high milage the car might only be worth 6000$ but I still love her, Its a 2003 sedan
Thanks and sorry to be so long. I found a used evaporator and the 2 hoses for 200$ from a scrap yard, would this be wise or should I buy new.

GBoy
sound likemuch of bs from the shop i would take it

Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
My acura vigor was a pain to work on for blower motor. The problem was most blower motor is under the dash by the glove box but mine was built into the evaporator assembly and meant the whole dash has to come off including dropping steering wheel, both seats and center console. The quote they gave you of $2000 is little on the high side but still about right. My acura vigor quote was like $1200 to just replace a $150 part rest was all labor.

I ended up doing it all my self since all it was that we had to disassemble the dash. I have worked car audio professionally and have plenty of experience ripping out cars to lay down sound proofing. It took me like 4 days and working 5 hours each day but this was outdoors in the summer heat. I would research more into it and if you truly do need a full evaporator assembly then pick it up from a low mileage car from junkyard or have it shipped. I would try to do as much as possibly by your self and then take it to a regular mechanic not infiniti that is trained in Nissan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.