G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Front End Creeking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:38 PM
jcv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the dealer doesn't find anything, get under the car and spray the bushings with WD 40 or a silicone lube. Welcome to performance cars.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this problem on my 2000 i30 for a few years now. I took it to the dealer last year who, of course, could not duplicate the problem. No problems on the G35 yet.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just looked at the work order for when I took mine in last summer for the creaking, it said frame was rubbing against radiator supports, that stopped it, but now it's back, so I am taking it in again tomorrow, hope it makes the noise, LOL! I think that may be a Nissan thing, a neighbor on my street has a Frontier that was creaking, but a lot more than the G!

Old 12-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I took mine in today, they did hear the noise, he did some "lube" points, seems okay now, we'll see! Also had the rear suspension looked at, they replaced the stabilizer connecting rod, second time, he told me they now have an updated part number for that, so it must have been a problem!

Old 01-08-2005, 03:30 AM
I am getting the same noise; more pronounced in the cold; any more specifics on the casue/how gets fixed?

Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Check this site

Try here for the TSBs

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti...G35/2004/1.htm

Old 01-08-2005, 02:45 PM
This sounds exactly like the squeaks you get with polyurethane suspension bushings. Do the G's use these?

I replaced the 25 year old rubber suspension bushings on my TA, with polyurethane graphite impregnated bushings, lubricated as per instructions, and as soon as the temperature dropped, the front began to squeak until the engine warmed.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:55 AM
So everyone fixed their problem yet? What is the parts that is making this creaking noise(sound like suspension but its not) while making turns and going over bumps?

Old 01-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is back in the shop today for this problem. The last time, the dealer sprayed silicone lube all over, but it had zero effect. I drove with the service writer yesterday and we replicated the sound - which is very much like a short crunch/crack, particularly noticeable when going over speed bumps. I anxiously await the verdict, and will let the forum know what they find or do.

Last edited by Noremac; 01-19-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I took mine in today, they did hear the noise, he did some "lube" points, seems okay now, we'll see! Also had the rear suspension looked at, they replaced the stabilizer connecting rod, second time, he told me they now have an updated part number for that, so it must have been a problem!
what symptoms did you have with the rear suspension? Why they replaced the rear stabilizer connecting rod? second time? I have some concern that the back of my car does not want to stay straight.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Got my car back today from the dealer. They replaced the LF shock. But based on my short drive home, I DO NOT think this solved the problem. ArGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

I'm curious about the above post that mentions the radiator knocking against the frame. Whatever my noise source is, it is not an obvious suspension item.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:10 AM
I took my 2003.5 to Sacramento Infiniti on Wednesday to look at several things :

1. Driver seat rocks/clicks (4th time)
2. Front right creaks when going over dips, especially cold in the morning
3. Click noise on the front left wheel area when steering turning all the way to the left
4. Rattle in the back seat area

Starting with issue 1, Service writer said, there's nothing wrong with the seat track and they are not able to replicate the clicks. Issue 2, they cannot find where the creak noise came from and cannot replicate it. Issue 3, bushing was changed, but the noise still occurs. Issue 4 is fixed.

I drove with the technical and replicated all the issues. I find it sarcastically funny that they didn't need me to come back in to raplicate them. I wonder how they could fix all these issues. I'd not be a happy customer if they do not perform any of the TSB and I can still replicate the issues. So I'm just going to be patient with them left my car there to give them more time to find and fix all the issues, hopefully...

I'll update again when I get my care back.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Hmmm. I have a front end creek/noise on my new 05 Sedan, but it only happens when I first drive the car, and it never happens again during that driving trip. Basically, within the first 5 seconds of putting the car in drive, I hear the creek. Then it's gone for that trip. Has nothing to do with the car being cold, as I can make a short trip, turn off the car, turn the car back on within 5-10 minutes (car is still hot), and get the creek again. After I hear that first creek, it never comes back for the duration of my driving trip. Strange. Has anyone else seen this happen with their car?

Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
GaryC- Would you recognize the ABS self-check if you heard it?!

Old 02-19-2005, 11:21 PM
ABS self-check, yes, that's the noise I hear! Just found the description in the owners manual. With all this talk about creeks and noises, it's good to know this one is suppose to happen!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front End Creeking?