Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by 6spSEDANFTW!
No.
Care to support that?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acr
Stock sedan wheels won't fit. Sport 18s may fit, but a spacer would definitely be required. I'm sure others can chime in on this. The rotors are larger than 03-05 brakes. The issue, however, are the calipers. They're much larger and stick out further, requiring a wheel that will clear them.
Brembo Calipers on a 06 sedan 6speed with the 18" Sport rims. 10MM spacer REQUIRED.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Care to support that?
sure.

When comparing the differences of the OEM brembo to non-brembo MC, they are almost identical, the amount of fluid that actually used among the two are so minimal that even at intense braking you won’t notice a slight in fade or brake power/balance difference...

when i was doing my brembo to sedan swap, I also thought about switching to a "brembo" MC and did some research, there’s a slight size in the piston size but very minimal. And after driving an OEM brembo’d coupe and a coupe that had the brombo calipers upgrade, no difference at all, and when i say driving i mean hard cruise/touge driving just to compare...you need to note that the g sedan and coupes are heavy cars, so it doesn’t make sense that OEM non-brembo brakes would "suck"...sorry!

yes, with aggressive driving brembos won’t fade compaired to non-brembo brakes, and have a stronger dripping stop, that has nothing to do with the MC power or braking balance (actually it has to do with the brake rotor size) But when you take a POS 240sx and slap 300zx calipers on, then yes, you would upgrade your MC. Two different cars in weight and break design balance will throw off the brake balance…

G-SEDAN, didn’t you up grade u car with some fancy-shmancy brakes? How come the kit didn’t come with an upgraded MC? Hmmm…

So if anyone actually did upgrade to a “brembo” MC, sorry to brake it to you…but you just wasted time, money, blood and sweat for...practically nothing, it’s not worth doing to begin with....and if you did the swap and are calming you feel a difference, i smell bullsh!t already..

This post is not intended for bashing…just a fyi

Last edited by 6spSEDANFTW!; 09-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I respectfully disagree.

The standard MC is a 1" bore and the brembo MC uses a 1 1/16" bore. That is enough of a difference to feel a slight change in brake pedal stroke lenght and feel. Not a WOW difference though so i'm in no way suggesting it would be dramatic at all in the way that people assume Brembo anything will such your eyeballs out.

Of course, i'm not argueing that it should be done. Like i said, most people don't do it and don't complain at all about the feel. My post was more informative that there were differences in the master cylinders.

In my own personal experience on my Mustang, i did try three different MC's all within 1/16" bore difference in my quest to find a good match to my custom brake setup. In each 1/16" step in bore diameter, i did feel a slight change in pedal feel. Depending on which direction in size i went, i noticed changes in ability to modulate the pedal under track conditions.

no bash intended either...just an intelligent debate.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I respectfully disagree.

The standard MC is a 1" bore and the brembo MC uses a 1 1/16" bore. That is enough of a difference to feel a slight change in brake pedal stroke lenght and feel. Not a WOW difference though so i'm in no way suggesting it would be dramatic at all in the way that people assume Brembo anything will such your eyeballs out.

Of course, i'm not arguing that it should be done. Like i said, most people don't do it and don't complain at all about the feel. My post was more informative that there were differences in the master cylinders.

In my own personal experience on my Mustang, i did try three different MC's all within 1/16" bore difference in my quest to find a good match to my custom brake setup. In each 1/16" step in bore diameter, i did feel a slight change in pedal feel. Depending on which direction in size i went, i noticed changes in ability to modulate the pedal under track conditions.

no bash intended either...just an intelligent debate.
I see and understand were you are coming from...i really do, but when it comes to the g35 MC (brembo or non-brembo) its completely unnecessary.

here is just some topics why:

1) you honestly will not notice a slight difference between the two (in some cases even the DD stopping power)

2)in the g35 community, brake upgrades is just a "fad" (alot of g35 auto owners upgrade to some aftermarket set up simply for looks) 99% of all the brake upgrades on this forum wont even be put close to there limits and powers

3)when it does come to the amount of brake peddle movement, if you circuit race/autox/drift/spirit-driving, last thing you need is a "long" peddle feel. barking need to be quick and responsive (im sure you will strongly agree)

4) Safety- none is compromised

5) Brake balance-again none is compromised when comparing the brembo/non-brembo MC's

BM's need attention when swapping from a different make/model, drastric brake size upgrade. And im sure you will agree with the number one most important thing about braking= brake balance, you can have a short brake peddle feel and still have awesome brake balance. Now im not sitting here and saying that the folks at nissan are dumb blokes, they designed the car and the brakes ultimately for the average person. A lot of people have mixed/matched info and others will try to pass on wrong info to others (please don't think I'm relating this to you)

I just believe somethings need to be cleared up before poor johnny rips his car apart, installs a BM for reasons he doesn't understand, fawks something up in the proses, goes hella tyte JDM drifting yo and kills himself and 2 of his firends...

Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
mark your such a pic ***** and im not even mad everytime i see you car its desert for my eyes lmao

back to the topic if i bought brembos from another car what would i need to make them work?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by VincenzG35
mark your such a pic ***** and im not even mad everytime i see you car its desert for my eyes lmao

back to the topic if i bought brembos from another car what would i need to make them work?

depends from what car, might need a custom mounting bracket

Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 AM
I just believe somethings need to be cleared up before poor johnny rips his car apart, installs a BM for reasons he doesn't understand, fawks something up in the proses, goes hella tyte JDM drifting yo and kills himself and 2 of his firends...

Agreed

Old 09-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Agreed
hi five!

Old 09-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
G-SEDAN, didn’t you up grade u car with some fancy-shmancy brakes? How come the kit didn’t come with an upgraded MC? Hmmm…

So if anyone actually did upgrade to a “brembo” MC, sorry to brake it to you…but you just wasted time, money, blood and sweat for...practically nothing, it’s not worth doing to begin with....and if you did the swap and are calming you feel a difference, i smell bullsh!t already..

This post is not intended for bashing…just a fyi
Yes, but it was all show no go.......lol

anyway, ideally, to do it perfectly, yes you should upgrade the MC. Would I have done it with a factory brembo upgrade? no, because again, I'm all show no go, so if i didnt upgrade my MC with a 6/4 piston upgrade what makes one think i would with a 4/2 piston upgrade.

Forgive me I'm just stirring the pot, since I don't own the car anymore I still like to come back and poke at you guy sa lil

Old 09-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
goes hella tyte JDM drifting yo and kills himself and 2 of his firends...

or just kills his own car, reputation, and a bus bench.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel like you guys are debating the same point:

Mustang: Well, technically you should, but you don't need to.
6spSEDAN: But, you don't need to

beathorse

Old 09-16-2011, 02:26 PM
i has car

Old 09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i has car
lolers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone done a brembo caliper upgrade?