G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

NRG PS tank with 6mt and PS cooler ... Lets See What Happens.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
^come 'n get it Papa!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Stop teasing me

Old 10-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Wait a minute...does the NRG tank have any baffles inside it at all or is it just a open tank?

Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by SxExCx
^
My tanks are:

- handmade in the USA
- the only tanks for the G that come in a matching set
- the only tanks that are direct bolt-ons
- require NO modifications
- square
- free hug with each purchase
Then I guess you owe me a hug, I didn't get one when i purchased mine.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 118 Likes on 75 Posts
Why are you up ^^ forget to turn your alarm off

Originally Posted by G35Papa
Wait a minute...does the NRG tank have any baffles inside it at all or is it just a open tank?
I believe it does Chris .. when you look inside the can you can see all the way the bigger hose. But about 3/4 way up to the can there is like a divider with a hole... im guessing that has something to do

Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Ok, makes sense it does but I've never seen one in person so I wasn't sure. Sean's probably right it has to do with the way his tank is baffled. If that is the difference between the two, it would make sense to me why the PC cooler would also make a difference between the two. With the sex inspired SxExCx tank, the baffling helps keep the juicy fluid down on those without the PC cooler. The NRG may just allow more of the fluid to bubble/splatter up due to the baffle design. It probably splashes around more on the non-PC cooler G's (possibly more pressure/volume?).

All just a worthless guess

Hope you get the tank to work out Chris. Good lookin out

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts
Good comments Papa.

The NRG tank is baffeled. I beleive the difference in the tanks including the OEM one is the venting system.

Don't anyboby take this wrong, Im not knocking Seans tanks, but when they were first intoduced there were some problems as well. I heard a couple of cars making the whining noises and fluild coming out of the top of the tanks. Sean changed the way the tank was vented and that seemed to cure its problems.

Making whinning noises whenever changing out a PS tank will be normal for a short period of time. Needs to be filled to proper level and air pushed out of system.

One thing a PS cooler can be doing is slowing down the flow of the fluid, which can help it from pushing it out of the top of the tank. It deffinatly cools the fluid off and keeps it from boiling so easy. With any car running wider tires and offsets it will put more strain on the power steering system, when turning the wheels in a stationary posistion that is a great strain on the system.

The following 3 users liked this post by RRYDE:
CandlestickPark (10-10-2011), G35Papa (10-10-2011), SDGenius (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by RRYDE
Good comments Papa.

The NRG tank is baffeled. I beleive the difference in the tanks including the OEM one is the venting system.

Don't anyboby take this wrong, Im not knocking Seans tanks, but when they were first intoduced there were some problems as well. I heard a couple of cars making the whining noises and fluild coming out of the top of the tanks. Sean changed the way the tank was vented and that seemed to cure its problems.

Making whinning noises whenever changing out a PS tank will be normal for a short period of time. Needs to be filled to proper level and air pushed out of system.

One thing a PS cooler can be doing is slowing down the flow of the fluid, which can help it from pushing it out of the top of the tank. It deffinatly cools the fluid off and keeps it from boiling so easy. With any car running wider tires and offsets it will put more strain on the power steering system, when turning the wheels in a stationary posistion that is a great strain on the system.
Yup I was one of those said cars given that I was one of the first with the tank. Thankfully Sean figured out a fix and he includes a breather tube to be installed on the underside of the cap.

You do have to be careful with the direction the breather tube is facing when installed because if installed on the side where the PS fluid "splashes" then it could still possibly overflow out the top of the cap.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
You know what ... I never looked in the can and I just put the connectors on and put on the car? ? Maybe the hoses are backwards ...???

What would it be doing if the hoses were like that? ??

Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
UPDATE :

GOOD GRIEF !!! <--- (lol jk) i cant believe my page was almost on the 2nd page... so my ol lady just got home from work and i know i have to be up at 330am to get ready for a unexpected work trip i have to take tomorrow for a day or to i will not be driving my car :/

good news after ready all this helpful info from sean/randy/marcus/papa i just went outside to check if i had the correct fittings on the underside of the tank...

i did not know that there was a certain way the tank had to be installed with a baffle or whatnot..

i got a coat hanger and cut it about 12'' and at the tip i bent it nice and round so i could stick inside the NRG can ..

i stuck the wire inside and to the left inside the can was a long round tube which im guessing is the spot for the smaller PS hose ...

as said above i should be able to open the lid and see all the way out on one of the outlets and that should connect to the larger hose going to the power steering pump itself ..

i did in fact in stall the can correctly which is awesome and i don't have to start all over again from scratch...

i will be off the day i return from out of town and ill be driving around off and on all day and writing about my trips and document every little thing ...

sorry for the wait but soon i will have full results on the HRG PS tank on a 6mt sedan

The following users liked this post:
G35Papa (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Also it could be based on capacity with the thermal expansion of the fluid. If it works on the cars with the cooler that would be a reasonable explanation. I do also agree with Randy that a proper ventilation will play a part in this.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
i did notice when i was just in the garage looking at the can i do see a little hole for ventilation...

danny - randy said to turn wheels lock to lock with cap on the car ..

i had another guy today tell me to take the cap off the tank and turn lock to lock ...

if i have a little hole vent why would i need to have the cap off the release the pressure?

as soon as i get home from Miami ill will be hitting the car hard and have the coolant tank installed very soon

Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
When are you coming to Miami? The way I bleed it is lock to lock with the cap open, has worked for me.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Im bringing the work truck down there ..

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
I thought that small radiator was for power steering? I on my 5AT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NRG PS tank with 6mt and PS cooler ... Lets See What Happens.....