G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

work in progrss momentum performance custom 3 inch cat back for my 04 g35 5at sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011 | 07:55 PM
|
work in progrss momentum performance custom 3 inch cat back for my 04 g35 5at sedan

Ok g35 sisters and brothers ever sense i got my g a few months back iv been dien to make it louder and while not haven a muffler does make it louder it also makes it very slugish.

now iv been contemplating on a exhaust setup for about 3 months now and iv seen and heard just about every exhaust there is for the G. now with that being said my heart is sat on the momentum muffler with the 3 inch inlet now my plan is to keep my stock Y pipe and order a 2.5 to 3 inch adapter that i will get welded on to an exsisting part of the exhaust tubing and from the adapter im gona run 3 inch tubing from there to the muffler.

now the only problem i can really think of that i might run into is back pressure issues but i think it will work its self out what do you guys think? and iv never seen a sedan with momentums muffler. and i really really love how they encorperate test pipes with there y pipe thats really awsome i will be getin one of those here very soon!

Old 11-03-2011 | 09:09 PM
|
Parts i will be usen

Originally Posted by BRANDO23
Ok g35 sisters and brothers ever sense i got my g a few months back iv been dien to make it louder and while not haven a muffler does make it louder it also makes it very slugish.

now iv been contemplating on a exhaust setup for about 3 months now and iv seen and heard just about every exhaust there is for the G. now with that being said my heart is sat on the momentum muffler with the 3 inch inlet now my plan is to keep my stock Y pipe and order a 2.5 to 3 inch adapter that i will get welded on to an exsisting part of the exhaust tubing and from the adapter im gona run 3 inch tubing from there to the muffler.

now the only problem i can really think of that i might run into is back pressure issues but i think it will work its self out what do you guys think? and iv never seen a sedan with momentums muffler. and i really really love how they encorperate test pipes with there y pipe thats really awsome i will be getin one of those here very soon!

AND MY FAV PART

Old 11-03-2011 | 09:24 PM
|
COUPLE OF YOUTUBE VIDS WITH THE WHOLE SET UP

http://youtu.be/tABsW-XioGE

http://youtu.be/W-D0k_GDvs4

http://youtu.be/zY8y89EWLN8

AS YOU CAN CLAERLY SEE BY NOW I WANT MY SEDAN TO SOUND LIKE A RACE CAR LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im also thinking about runing the muffler tip out the side of the rear to give it a unique look

Old 11-04-2011 | 01:49 AM
holy **** thats loud! sounds alright but its not my cup of tea at all.... i personally dont think its worth all the fix-it tickets and PITA court days...cant really go clutch kicking with out drawing attention, but thats just me

Old 11-04-2011 | 01:54 AM
Sweeeeet

Old 11-04-2011 | 06:34 AM
I am trying to make mine quieter.

Old 11-04-2011 | 08:27 AM
A can muffler doesn't look to hot on a g sedan but its your car...You could easy just get a muffler shop to fab a up a length of pipe from the stock flange on back with a small resonator and a tip at the bumper.

Old 11-04-2011 | 10:25 AM
X
I honestly think thats gonna get old real quick. A cheaper alternative with similar results would be to have some pipe bent from the midpipe out through the back of the car.

Old 11-04-2011 | 11:08 AM
|
Thx for the replys guys I grew up around loud race cars my dad says its in my DNA lol. and sense I live in southern Louisiana. Sound laws really don't exsist out this way only music laws.

Old 11-04-2011 | 01:20 PM
Back pressure issues? You should be fine as long as the diameter never gets smaller at any point.

I would get a different reducer though, since the one you have there doesn't have a smooth transition from 2.5-3". I use 2 Flowmaster venturi reducers on my exhaust and they work great. Not that expensive either.

The following users liked this post:
BRANDO23 (11-04-2011)
Old 11-04-2011 | 03:55 PM
|
Thx for the replys guys I grew up around loud race cars my dad says its in my DNA lol. and sense I live in southern Louisiana. Sound laws really don't exsist out this way only music laws.
Thx for the input bro I'm gona look into it I havent purchased any thing yet but its good to hear somebody likes loud G sedans!

Old 11-04-2011 | 04:29 PM
|
Thx for the input bro I havent bought any thing yet I'm gona look into that good to hear I'm not the only only one who lovs loud cars lol!

Old 11-04-2011 | 04:50 PM
its loud i can tell you that... what will sound pathetic is.. when you are going up a hill doing 50-60 and sound like a damn tank.. and a prius passes u by... sad day.

GL with what ever you decide to go.

Old 11-04-2011 | 07:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by ryanm8
Back pressure issues? You should be fine as long as the diameter never gets smaller at any point.

I would get a different reducer though, since the one you have there doesn't have a smooth transition from 2.5-3". I use 2 Flowmaster venturi reducers on my exhaust and they work great. Not that expensive either.
Do you think the muffler shop carries 3 inch tubing?

Old 11-04-2011 | 10:18 PM
They should. It's pretty common, especially for trucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: work in progrss momentum performance custom 3 inch cat back for my 04 g35 5at sedan