G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Uh..how do you turn the heater on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uh..how do you turn the heater on?

I feel like such a shmuck.. I can't figure out how to turn the heater on the car on. The best I could do was turn on my seat warmer

Old 12-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Premier Member

Hmm...let's see, you press mode, or "On"...your having a lugh right mate. It must be the time of year.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:39 PM
G Kreuzer
With the fan turned on, ya simply dial-up the temperture ... out comes hot air.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:43 PM
I tried that, but it didn't seem to be sending out any air.

Old 12-27-2004, 11:46 PM
G Kreuzer
Do you have the 'fan on'???

Old 12-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by THX723
Do you have the 'fan on'???
I am a bit confused with my 05 g35x temperatures also. Alot of times the AC ends up turning on. I guess if you have it set to Auto or anytime when you set a specific temp in the car, the AC kicks in. Is that correct? How do I stop the Ac from turning on? Anyway when I start play with the mode button and the fan button...it gets confusing. Sometimes, I am taking too much time away from the road trying to figure out the buttons. My old accords temp. buttons are plain and simple.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:27 AM
When you push "Auto", AC turns on automatically. Push the "AC" button to turn it off.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:05 AM
First, read the manual.

Second, AC doesn't mean "cold", it means "air conditioner" which basically acts as a dehumidifier (takes water out of the air).

Just leave it on auto econ or auto without the AC on (push the AC button to turn it off) and set the temp to what you want. After the engine warms up, you should start getting warm air. If not, go see the dealer.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Just change the "MODE" to ur face and u will feel the air after ur car is warmed up.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It won't blow until the engine coolant is up to temp also. (in Auto)

Old 12-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the climate controls were confusing at first, but really they're not.

Mash the "AUTO ECON" button until the word "Auto A/C Econ" appears in the display. Then mash the temp up button (in 05's it's a dial) until 68 appears. Don't touch anything else. When the engine warms up, warm air starts coming out. The fan will not start blowing until the air is warm.

Some people said to mash the fan and mode buttons, I don't recommend that. Just let the system control the fan speed and the air outlets.

If you want to turn off the AC compressor, AFTER you have done what I just wrote above, mash the A/C button ONE TIME. The light should go out on the A/C button and the display will simply read "Auto"

p.s. I just like to say "mash"

Old 12-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by tgenius
I feel like such a shmuck.. I can't figure out how to turn the heater on the car on. The best I could do was turn on my seat warmer
And you call yourself a genius...

It took me awhile to get used to the climate controls too. Don't worry though soon you will be playing that thing like a piano (and not paying attention to the road).

Old 12-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dudefish
I thought the climate controls were confusing at first, but really they're not.

Mash the "AUTO ECON" button until the word "Auto A/C Econ" appears in the display. Then mash the temp up button (in 05's it's a dial) until 68 appears. Don't touch anything else. When the engine warms up, warm air starts coming out. The fan will not start blowing until the air is warm.

Some people said to mash the fan and mode buttons, I don't recommend that. Just let the system control the fan speed and the air outlets.

If you want to turn off the AC compressor, AFTER you have done what I just wrote above, mash the A/C button ONE TIME. The light should go out on the A/C button and the display will simply read "Auto"

p.s. I just like to say "mash"
I find myself having to keep an eye on the AC button to shut it off from time to time. Lets say its in Auto mode. If I start pressing any of those fan buttons, I'll notice the AC turns on again. This is so annoying. Why should the AC kick in when it's still freezing cold inside the car?

Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by mikeee2
I find myself having to keep an eye on the AC button to shut it off from time to time. Lets say its in Auto mode. If I start pressing any of those fan buttons, I'll notice the AC turns on again. This is so annoying. Why should the AC kick in when it's still freezing cold inside the car?
Quick question. When I start the engine, the outside temperature is never accurate. It's been cold in NY so the outside temperature has been in the 20's. Everytime I start the car, it saids outside temperature is like 60+, then as the car warms up and drive it for like 5 mins, then it shows the accurate temperature. Do you guys have this problem?

Old 12-28-2004, 07:00 PM
I have this happen to me as well, but its usually pretty close (except this week with the cold front here in south Fl)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uh..how do you turn the heater on?