G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just Drove Mine In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Drove Mine In

Awesome feeling man!!! I could barely contain myself from making my title all CAPS. Just came home with my new 2005 G35 Sedan Brilliant Silver/Graphite/sunroof only. When I went in last night, the car still even had the white shipping packaging and everything. Like a little, late, Christmas gift. It had 6 miles when I test drove it today. I've waited 2 months for it to come, but man, it was worth it. I'm ECSTATICCCCCCCCCC! The dealer that I was at was so good that I even let them put their decal on my car. Good thing their decal doesn't look bad!

On the way back (25 miles away) I drove it by constantly stepping on the gas then letting it go before 4000 rpm; the fastest I drove was 62 mph. Is this the correct way to break it in?

I'll take pictures in a few days. =)

Old 12-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Congrats Dude - sounds sweet.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
You're doing fine bro. Congrats on the new ride. enjoy.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Congrats! I'm partial to Brilliant Silver myself!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Don't you just love the car--from the way the door handle "pops" the door open, to the sweet sound of engine start up /exhaust/idle, to the tightness of the steering and handling, and the power?
Congrats.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:20 AM
now at 75 miles! This car really is amazing, but I still have over 1100 miles to go! I've only pushed the car to about 3,200 rpms. I wanna push it closer to 4000 rpms but by then, I'm already going over the speed limit. lol

my thoughts so far....

I love the styling. Although it might have been minor, the 05 updates really have helped make the car sleeker IMO. Also, I don't really see why everybody bashes on how the sedan looks. Personally, I think the coupe looks too porky and round and the front headlights make the car look dull and uninterested. I haven't even mentioned the coupes back bumper... whatever, both cars are VERY eye-catching either way.

Prior to buying the g35, I was looking at the TL like much of what you guys were. Sure, the TL's interior is very modern looking, but I think some places look too busy, too many lines and curves. And for the non-navi cars, the big empty screen looks pretty bad. The TL is excellent at what it does though. There are some things I would wanna change on the G35 as well. First off, the window controls take a little getting used to (way too low) and the passenger glove box is not very accomdating. I didn't mention the wrong-side ***** though. The radio controls are already on the steering wheel, and I only set the AC temp once or twice a drive, so I don't really mind that. In the past, the TL simply blew away the old G35 interior. Infiniti didnt change it a whole lot, but it is much improved. While the TL is edgy and shouts style, the G35's interior is simple and understated.

More ramblings to come.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:51 AM
The TL may have more interior bells and whitsles, but when push comes to shove it's a front wheel drive upgraded accord. The G is more of a real sports car, that's what made my decision.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by antho2006
Awesome feeling man!!! I could barely contain myself from making my title all CAPS. Just came home with my new 2005 G35 Sedan Brilliant Silver/Graphite/sunroof only. When I went in last night, the car still even had the white shipping packaging and everything. Like a little, late, Christmas gift. It had 6 miles when I test drove it today. I've waited 2 months for it to come, but man, it was worth it. I'm ECSTATICCCCCCCCCC! The dealer that I was at was so good that I even let them put their decal on my car. Good thing their decal doesn't look bad!

On the way back (25 miles away) I drove it by constantly stepping on the gas then letting it go before 4000 rpm; the fastest I drove was 62 mph. Is this the correct way to break it in?

I'll take pictures in a few days. =)
Congrats!!! So many people got Brilliant Silver. I wondered if I should of gotten the same. I ended up with black/black and the day I wax it, it's dirty the following morning...HAHA. But when it's clean I think black/black is the best looking in my opinion. Then again, the shine only lasts for a day...haha.

Old 01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry for being late with the pictures. The car is now 2 weeks old with just over 200 miles. There are some VERY minor squeaks that last only a few seconds; they are almost inaudible, so they may very well be my paranoia. lol

80% of the time I drive without the radio on - the engine noise is very intoxicating. There is a loud ABS-check thunk when you first drive it past 10 mph in the morning. First time I heard it, I almost freaked out. As for the seats, there is a picture of the seat controls relative to my right leg. I am 6-1, 165 lbs, 34 in waist. On the LONG "terrible seat post" in this forum, I wrote that the seats were fine and the padding was better than the 2004. I'd like to retract my statement a little. After a few weeks, I can say that although the seat bottom padding is improved, the back support just doesn't fit me as well as I like. Like other numerous owners, my lower right back gets a little sore. I'm still trying to play with the adjustments; maybe I'll use a small pillow?

Apparently, the dealer decal is put on as soon as the car rolls off the truck. Even getting the car with the shipping wrapping still on it, I was a little too late. Is there a safeway for me to de-badge without hurting the clearcoat?

More updates and pictures to come.

Attached Thumbnails Just Drove Mine In-backleft.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-frontleft.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-leftside.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-backleft1.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-front.jpg  

Old 01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I put it under the tree to vary the light conditions.

Attached Thumbnails Just Drove Mine In-dashoff.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-dashon.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-seat.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-wheeloff.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-frontcorner.jpg  

Old 01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
I was too lazy to move the car to keep the sun from reflecting off the trim. Just wanted to let you guys see what's missing in a non-premium car. Only noticeable difference besides the key hole is the blank spot for the DUAL and the missing BOSE logo.

Attached Thumbnails Just Drove Mine In-backright.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-interiordark.jpg   Just Drove Mine In-console.jpg  
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do your keys rattle against the dash board when the car is moving?

Old 01-13-2005, 07:35 PM
The keys rattle against the dashboard only when braking; they rattle against EACH OTHER on the key chain whenever there's a sudden movement of course. Nothing insanely loud.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:11 PM
You should be able to peel it off w/ no problem. If it is, you could just heat it up w/ a hair dryer and get it off. If you are really paranoid you could take it to the dealer.

I sold my old car at carmax, and the second I did, I called the dealer to prep my car, and told them NO DECAL!!! I don't mind a license plate frame but I refuse to advertise fot a dealership.

The bit about putting the sticker on the car as soon as it gets off the lot is probably BS. Dealerships trade cars all the time, and I doubt that they badge / debadge cars all that much.

I am also in love with my car. I can't imagine wanting any more power or luxury in a car.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Antho, I traded an '04 TL for an '05 G35 Premium Sport Aero in Brilliant Silver. I love the color. See below:

Attached Thumbnails Just Drove Mine In-infiniti-pics-003-2-.jpg  
Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Drove Mine In