G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Clear Bras - How, What, Why...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Here's a link to Venture's partner site: www.invisiblepatterns.com

Yes, we've been using Venture for several yrs now and we have yet to receive a warranty claim. 3m's 2nd gen film was introduced about a yr ago, so the film is still new. We do stock some 3m product just for a few dealerships bc they prefer to have that "old trusted name." Again, the film only comes w/ a 5 yr warranty and the film does exhibit orange peel texture. Their film is still the same 8 mil urethane, but they're using a clearer adhesive.

As for Llumar, their urethane is just as clear as Venture / Madico, but their customer svc falls far behind. We know this bc we've been in the window films industry for 8 yrs now and have experienced their poor warranty svc. In addition, the film has yet to be OE approved by any auto manufacturer. Venture has been tested by manufactureres and is now being used by Ferrari, Nissan, GM, Dodge, Chrysler, and several other manufacturers.

We are one of several companies in the United States that have rolls large enough and experienced enough to cover entire hoods...........and entire cars for the exotics interested in protecting their $250k+ cars. I'll post pics of the product's clarity on the entire hood when this rain stops here in the Bay Area.

Last edited by Premier; 01-05-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=G35 Owner]
gspotter, Nice ride and, I gotta say, that bra truely is invisible if it's on your ride in those shots. Is the installer you mentioned in SoCal? Contact info?
QUOTE]

Thanks- the clear bra is there. You can see it on the pic of the right side wheel as there is an edge of the clear bra on the chin spoiler showing towards the top of the chin spoiler near where it connects to the bumper.

The installer was Alan Seligman from Orlando, FL (407) 927-1900. He often does clear bra "parties" where a few guys get their cars together and he flies to cities all over the US and does all their cars at the same time. The install time on my car was 4 hours. Alan is a clear bra "genius"!

Here's a web page that shows Alan doing a visit to San Jose, CA:

http://www.invincaman.com/photos1.htm

Old 01-06-2005, 04:01 PM
antho2006 - Is there any prep to do before you take it to the installer to get it installed? Should I go ahead and clean and wax? or just let the installer take care of the prep.

No prepping would be needed if the company / installer does what he's supposed to do......You wouldn't need to wax the car prior to installation of the film bc the wax will need to be stripped.

Caution: For those with an aftermarket bumper or lip, be careful where you have it done. When we wrap aftermarket bumpers, we ONLY use one piece for the entire bumper. Some companies split into multiple pieces to make installation easier, but more seams will show up and it will be more difficult to clean later when dirt gathers up on the edges of the film.

Here are some pics of my Gcoupe / Gsedan along w/ several others that we do on a daily basis:

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-108-0881_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-108-0883_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-108-0805_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-108-0820_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-108-0815_img.jpg  

Last edited by Premier; 01-06-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's some more pics for those wondering what our film and installation looks like on a wide range of cars:

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-110-1061_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-110-1062_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-110-1066_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-112-1256_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-112-1269_img.jpg  

Old 01-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Pricing for 3M Chip Guard

Here is a great link for US and Canadian pricing

http://www.chipguard.com/search.asp?...2005&Submit=Go

Old 01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=gspotter]
Originally Posted by G35 Owner
gspotter, Nice ride and, I gotta say, that bra truely is invisible if it's on your ride in those shots. Is the installer you mentioned in SoCal? Contact info?
QUOTE]

Thanks- the clear bra is there. You can see it on the pic of the right side wheel as there is an edge of the clear bra on the chin spoiler showing towards the top of the chin spoiler near where it connects to the bumper.

The installer was Alan Seligman from Orlando, FL (407) 927-1900. He often does clear bra "parties" where a few guys get their cars together and he flies to cities all over the US and does all their cars at the same time. The install time on my car was 4 hours. Alan is a clear bra "genius"!

Here's a web page that shows Alan doing a visit to San Jose, CA:

http://www.invincaman.com/photos1.htm
I've done a lot of research on Clear bras before and I also have one on my G. First of all, I've seen a lot of clear bra installations before, on my car and on my friends' cars. I just checked out this website, and for someone who is supposedly the "best", there are things that he does in the pics that kind of worries me.

First, in many of the pics, Alan is trimming with an exacto knife directly on the car surface. I would think this is dangerous because one false slip and the car paint could be scratched.

Second, one of my friend had a clear bra installed on his MR2 Spider with a custom bumper, and the installer only needed to use one piece of film. In the pics shown on the website, the guy is using multiple pieces on a stock MR2 Spider bumper.

Now, I'm not saying I could do any better because I probably can't even do it myself, but from what I've seen from others, I definitely won't say this guy is the "BEST".

Old 01-07-2005, 09:54 PM
You're free to use whomever you want for the install. How else would you get the clear bra around an emblem installed on the sheetmetal? The clear bra that Alan installed on my front bumper is seamless. I never said Alan was the "best" but he at least has the gonads to show his work online. I said he was a clear bra "genius" and indeed he is. Let's see some other installers demonstrate how they do their work online!

Last edited by gspotter; 01-07-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by gspotter
My Coupe is shown in the gallery section (gspotter). Take a look if you'd like. It has a clear bra on it. It is a 3M clear bra which was installed by Alan Seligman who is probably the best clear bra installer in the US. It cost $540. The clear bra on the front bumper is one single piece which covers the entire bumper without a single seam and is invisible! There is also clear bra on the front portion of the hood, front portion of the front fenders, chin spoiler, and mirrors. Touch up paint will not bleed but may come off along with the clear bra if you ever remove it. Yes, the clear bra can be removed without damage- Alan removed a previous install which was lousy prior to him doing it right! BE SURE TO CHECK OUT EXAMPLES OF THE INSTALLER'S WORK FIRST! By the way, 3M recommends NOT to do the headlights.
I'm sorry but as you see in this qoute, you did claim that he is the "best".

"How else would you get the clear bra around an emblem installed on the sheetmetal?"

Well, as I understand it, a stock bumper for an MR2 Spider is plastic and not "sheetmetal". As I said in my previous post, when my friend had a clear bra installed on his Spider, there were no cutting involved around the emblem either. The kit was already pre-cut and there was already an opening on the kit around the emblem area. And since we are on the "cutting on the car" issue, I wasn't really talking about him cutting around the emblem. In the pics, he was cutting around the areas below the head lamps.

And again, with all the quality clear bra installations that I've seen, none of them had to use multiple pieces on a stock bumper such as the one he shows in the pics.

"Let's see some other installers demonstrate how they do their work online!"

Well, I don't really know of any other installers who do post pics of their work. But if someone were to post pics, at least post pics of them doing it correctly.

Lastly, again I'm not saying that I could do a better job myself. And I'm sure that Alan does do a fine job with what he has. But I'm just saying that it's going a little far to say that he is either a "genius" or the "best".

Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by gDriven
I'm sorry but as you see in this qoute, you did claim that he is the "best".

"How else would you get the clear bra around an emblem installed on the sheetmetal?"

Well, as I understand it, a stock bumper for an MR2 Spider is plastic and not "sheetmetal". As I said in my previous post, when my friend had a clear bra installed on his Spider, there were no cutting involved around the emblem either. The kit was already pre-cut and there was already an opening on the kit around the emblem area. And since we are on the "cutting on the car" issue, I wasn't really talking about him cutting around the emblem. In the pics, he was cutting around the areas below the head lamps.

And again, with all the quality clear bra installations that I've seen, none of them had to use multiple pieces on a stock bumper such as the one he shows in the pics.

"Let's see some other installers demonstrate how they do their work online!"

Well, I don't really know of any other installers who do post pics of their work. But if someone were to post pics, at least post pics of them doing it correctly.

Lastly, again I'm not saying that I could do a better job myself. And I'm sure that Alan does do a fine job with what he has. But I'm just saying that it's going a little far to say that he is either a "genius" or the "best".

Show me a clear bra installer that has done more high-end vehicles nationwide than Alan has. Show me a clear bra installer that has won more awards. Show me a clear bra installer that shows how he does his work online. Show me a clear bra installer who is in higher demand. Did you watch your clear bra get installed? How do you know the installer didn't use an Xacto knife at any time? When Alan has to use an Xacto knife (wasn't needed on my G as I was with him when he installed the clear bra), he SCORES the clear bra material and the knife does not go all the way through the material, as shown on his site. I wonder how good the kits with a pre-cut hole look where it goes around an emblem. Probably a fairly big gap between emblem and bra. They have different kits for the various cars, but the bra on my G is seamless. You're free to come to FL and check out his install on my G anytime you would like. Until you can show me a better installer with more experience who has done more high-end cars that Alan has, I'm callling him a "genius".

Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=gDriven]I'm sorry but as you see in this qoute, you did claim that he is the "best".

Re-read my original sentence. I originally said that Alan is PROBABLY the best. I didn't say he was THE best. Learn how to read.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Good Installer in Vegas?

Anyone know of a good installer in Vegas? Just got the wife an 05 Sedan and want it protected. Her previous car's hood looks like someone shot it with a shotgun. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by gspotter
Show me a clear bra installer that has done more high-end vehicles nationwide than Alan has. Show me a clear bra installer that has won more awards. Show me a clear bra installer that shows how he does his work online. Show me a clear bra installer who is in higher demand. Did you watch your clear bra get installed? How do you know the installer didn't use an Xacto knife at any time? When Alan has to use an Xacto knife (wasn't needed on my G as I was with him when he installed the clear bra), he SCORES the clear bra material and the knife does not go all the way through the material, as shown on his site. I wonder how good the kits with a pre-cut hole look where it goes around an emblem. Probably a fairly big gap between emblem and bra. They have different kits for the various cars, but the bra on my G is seamless. You're free to come to FL and check out his install on my G anytime you would like. Until you can show me a better installer with more experience who has done more high-end cars that Alan has, I'm callling him a "genius".
I'm sorry, but I seem to have touched a nerve.

Did you watch your clear bra get installed? How do you know the installer didn't use an Xacto knife at any time? When Alan has to use an Xacto knife (wasn't needed on my G as I was with him when he installed the clear bra), he SCORES the clear bra material and the knife does not go all the way through the material, as shown on his site. I wonder how good the kits with a pre-cut hole look where it goes around an emblem. Probably a fairly big gap between emblem and bra.

Actually, I did stand there and watch every single one of these installations. I'm probably one of those uptight owners who really cares about his car. And throughout the entire time the clear bra was being installed, I stood there to make sure nothing was going to go wrong. And absolutely no exacto knife went near my car, unless they hid it up their ***. And as for the the opening around the emblem, there is hardly any gap at all. Question: Did Alan tell you that he is supposed to cut that part or did you do research yourself? If the installer is skilled enough, you do not need multiple pieces for the bumper.

Show me a clear bra installer that has done more high-end vehicles nationwide than Alan has.

Well, to begin check out this website www.envisagedesignlabs.com. These guys specialize mainly on exotics and high end cars. As you can see on their site, they've done the half million dollar Carrera GT, Murcielago, 360 Modena, and other exotics. On Alan's website, all I saw were 3 Porshces and some MR2s. I actually had my G done by them too, and they never claimed that they are "probably" the "best", but they did do a perfect job. And they probably are one of the best around. And it was done with only "1" piece on the bumper.

Show me a clear bra installer who is in higher demand.

Can you show me some statistics on that? I never knew they kept tabs on who is in the most demand. Can you please back up your claim?

Re-read my original sentence. I originally said that Alan is PROBABLY the best. I didn't say he was THE best. Learn how to read.

Well, I guess your claim of saying "probably the best" is similar to Alan claiming himself as being "considered a qualified trainer/installer by 3M" http://www.invincaman.com/training.htm

That is like saying that I am "considered" a college graduate. Either I have a diploma or I don't. I've heard that the local community college is "considered" the Harvard of community colleges.

Show me a clear bra installer that has won more awards.

I could win plenty of awards at my local pool hall, but that doesn't really mean anything..... now does it?

I just want to mention that on this forum alone, you could probably find a few installers that do better work than Alan. Just to name a few: Krinkov at my350z.com and Wil on this forum.

I'm sorry to bust your *****, but I just can't stand to see someone make all these claims when they have nothing to back it up.

To the others in this forum, perhaps you guys can educate this guy on the clear bras that you've gotten. How many pieces did your installer use for the bumper? Do your clear bras look like a jig saw puzzle on your bumpers. I sure hope not.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:18 AM
We might actually be in Vegas toward the end of this month enos. PM me if you're interested.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:38 PM
My G Coupe's bra installed by Alan has a single seamless piece on the entire front bumper. You're implying that Alan doesn't have the experience to install a single seamless piece on the bumper- Alan's been doing clear bras since 1995 at least. I watched him install it onto my G Coupe and there are pics in the g35driver photo gallery (gspotter) with the bra on. He did the install effortlessly in 4 hours. Let's see some pics of your install.

The install on my Coupe is 100% perfect. I'm 100% happy with it. I'm glad you're 100% happy with your install as well.

Let's see some close-up pics of your car like mine in the gallery! You probably don't even have a G- mouthy newbie with only 8 posts!

Last edited by gspotter; 01-09-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Wow, is that the best you could come up with? Well I guess so since you have yet to back up any of your claims. What happened to the awards and stats on exotics?

And I don't recall that I've ever said anything about your G. Maybe You should learn to read. All I've been saying is that the installs he is showing on his website are done with multiple pieces. Man,..if I owned a Porsch, I would be pissed that someone is doing multiple pieces on my car. And by the way, if he is using multiple pieces on Porsches, what makes your G so special that he'll only use one piece on yours? Hmmm,...I guess you are just very special.

Hahaha..and I never knew that you have to have a lot of posts in order to own a G.

Here are pics of my ride. A clear bra is on it, and it is done with only one piece.

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-113-1368_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-113-1372_img.jpg   Clear Bras - How, What, Why...-113-1370_img.jpg  

Last edited by gDriven; 01-10-2005 at 08:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bras - How, What, Why...