G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

authentic power folding side mirrors???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've alway liked this feature in other cars and really wanted it. What I do is kind of ghetto but it works lol. I make a memory setting for "driving" and "parking". The self driving one is self explanatory, but the parking one is basically the perfect setting for parking. Pull up hit 2 and the seat goes up, the mirrors turn in and down some, then just put it back in driving settings. Works for me and saves money lol

Old 02-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
U need to find the jdm cluster cover so the switches fit like oem.. There is another set on eBay now..
Originally Posted by .cakestar
Link to this auction of which you speak? I was going to modify the existing one but if I can get the actual jdm one that would be better.
Another set of JDM Folding mirrors? that's the same guy if this is what you're talking about, they've been up for a while but don't include the switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-03-06-G3...item4ab1af7009

If you have a link to the housing around the steering column that'd be sweet. I too was planning on modding my current one to allow for the added button integration.

Originally Posted by rmyc
from my experience from nissan jdm folding mirrors, the jdm glass lack defrosters. also the angle is off so you'd have to swap bases with the usdm mirrors

It won't when I'm done

I already prepped the housings and swapped everything over. Basically you use ALL of the USDM stuff except the internal manual folding mount, shown below (black piece), you're essentially paying for the switch unit and this little motor and mount:

USDM assembly shown on the top, and the JDM assembly shown below with the folding motor removed (shown to the right of the picture):

I also tried some ideas for integrating signals but finally decided it wasn't the look I wanted, want to keep it clean. And don't want to mess the defrosters up with a flush under-mirror install. Here's one test I did last night:

Originally Posted by ccc123pm
It would be nice if the OP was able to take pics along the way and do a DIY thread
The OP actually didn't buy these I did, though I'm sure he would have if I didn't get at 'em first, sorry again dude not intentional!!

But on the bright side, I've been snapping photos and videos throughout this mod that I started last night, so you guys will get a full picture heavy as crap DIY/How to for this swap. I

Last edited by TunerMax; 07-02-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
i saw the guy had another pair of jdm folding mirrors as you mentioned before.. but isnt the whole purpose the switch too? i read from jdm_cain that one would have a hard time looking for the switch? or am i mistaken?

Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd try contacting him to see if he can get it.

these can be operated without the switch but you have to do it manually with a custom switch. And can't have them operate automatically without a separate module.

I contacted These guys to see if they have something that will work for those who want to operate without the switch. I will probably get the auto adjusting module for when you put it in reverse from them also.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, this sucks.

I deciphered the JDM switch vs. The USDM switch. There are only 3 extra wires on the JDM switch. This was ok it made sense that this could be how they're controlled, single pulse to the same wire right? Nope. I then realized that the JDM switch is illuminated. CRAP!!!! I know that it's going to have a dedicated wire for that.

Now I don't know what to do exactly this is going to be tricky.
So I have 2 wires, Green with blk trace, and RED. These are clearly the OUTPUTS to the mirrors for folding.

The problem is, I want them to FOLD IN with the LOCK control, and FOLD OUT with key in IGN. This is how these are wired on most JDM V35's it seems. But because I don't have any IMPUTS that tell this switch when to fold in/out, I don't know how to acheive it without some sort of timer module/resistance sensing module.
And I've had NO luck getting a wiring diagram of a JDM or AUSSIE V35 with this feature.

I'm going to PM this post to JDM cain I know he got 2 relays with his but his don't function like I'm talking, I wanna know what those relays do on his.

Grrrr the plot thickens!!!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
we usually tap into the factory keyless module

Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 PM
AJY
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I like my chrome, flows well with my wheels.
I do too just on a 59 caddy not my G

Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM
AJY
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by TunerMax
Another set of JDM Folding mirrors? that's the same guy if this is what you're talking about, they've been up for a while but don't include the switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-03-06-G3...item4ab1af7009

If you have a link to the housing around the steering column that'd be sweet. I too was planning on modding my current one to allow for the added button integration.

It won't when I'm done

I already prepped the housings and swapped everything over. Basically you use ALL of the USDM stuff except the internal manual folding mount, shown below (black piece), you're essentially paying for the switch unit and this little motor and mount:

USDM assembly shown on the top, and the JDM assembly shown below with the folding motor removed (shown to the right of the picture):

I also tried some ideas for integrating signals but finally decided it wasn't the look I wanted, want to keep it clean. And don't want to mess the defrosters up with a flush under-mirror install. Here's one test I did last night:

The OP actually didn't buy these I did, though I'm sure he would have if I didn't get at 'em first, sorry again dude not intentional!!

But on the bright side, I've been snapping photos and videos throughout this mod that I started last night, so you guys will get a full picture heavy as crap DIY/How to for this swap. I
Looks like I have something to add to the when it's paid off list............

Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by rmyc
we usually tap into the factory keyless module
The issue isn't where to tap in or get the signal from, I've already figured all that out. The problem is how to send the proper signal to either the switch module, or to the mirrors directly. There's no imput on the switch.

You can't just send constant power to the mirrors, and you need a ground return. They alternate just like your window actuators do. One is ground one is power in one direction, then the wire designations reverse to move the motor opposite.

This means an AUTOMATIC triggered function is harder to remotely control, you can't just "TAP in" somewhere.

Perhaps I'm missing something from your post.

Last edited by TunerMax; 02-27-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
do you have an image showing the pinouts on the relays as to which ones do what? or can you make one?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM
^I'll put together what I've compiled so far maybe you guys can help me out, perhaps I'm just overlooking soemthing.

If I had the wiring diagram for the JDM/Aussie spec I'd be golden, without it I"m kind of pulling at straws.
I'll post up later!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Dear Nissan:

I love you. That is all.

Ok so my worries are not fruitful! Nissan cleverly decided to integrate the switching module into the motor assembly itself inside the mirrors

This means I can go nuts again and just wire the switch in normally, and run my lines in parallel. Running them remote switching will be a little tricky but I can figure that out with some fancy relay and wiring work!!!

SO rmyc was actually correct in his vauge statement of just tapping them in. It's just more complicated than that.
I'm pumped, this is great news now I justneed to draw up a wiring diagram, figure out the puddle lights, and pop it all together

Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
omg please let me know how you wired it all up with a diy pls, it will help me so much later down the road when i finally get mine installed.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
So u still will have heated mirrors and u swapped everything from the passenger side to the driver side??

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by .cakestar
omg please let me know how you wired it all up with a diy pls, it will help me so much later down the road when i finally get mine installed.
This, I will do for you guys.

Originally Posted by Frankieg35
So u still will have heated mirrors and u swapped everything from the passenger side to the driver side??
I didn't swap right to left. I took the folding motors out of the JDM mirrors and swapped them into the USDM set up. So EVERYTHING is the same as USDM (stock) except for the folding motors, and the mount that holds the Mirror pivot motor.

I have all the exact same features, function, glass, and colour of the USDM components, with the folding motor feature out of the JDM mirrors. My Canadian model does have Heated mirrors, so yes, they'll be working also

And of course, the JDM switch also.

I should have more progress on this by the weekend's end. I'm going to check on puddle lights tomorrow after work, I want to try a single 4 watt one in each housing if possible rather than adding 3 or more 1/2 or 1/4 watt LED's. Those will be wired to function with the Dome/Map light, so they'll dim on and off just as the map light does, and also will turn on when you hit UNLOCK on the key fab.

They'll also be timed with the MAP/Dome on the 30 second countdown, unless you hit lock then they'll dim off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: authentic power folding side mirrors???