G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Value of my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Value of my car?

I'm toying with the idea of selling the G...

Without stating individual cost here - I did some quick calculations (using 30%-40% of mods costs, in some cases 50% + 15K value for the car {55K miles excellent condition}) and figured 25K is a fair price... I'm not sure it would sell at that price - but the reality is, that's a very fair deal...

This is NOT a for sale thread... just wondering what you guys think... there is no other way to gauge value (on the planet) than in this section of this forum... so I'm asking here...

If/when I do put up for sale - if it doesnt work out, I'll just keep it and sink some more money into later with other ideas (after I get bored with other current hobbies)...

Let me know what you guys think (pics and mods list in profile - I dont want to clutter the thread)...

If 25K is over or under the price you consider reasonable, please state what you would value it at (real only please)...

TIA

BTW, other option is part out (which would end up totaling at least same if not more)...

Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM
67 views & no opinions?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
I think it would be hard to get more than 20 imo. Its really hard to get much money back from mods if you keep them on. Your best bet would be to keep it or part out, trade parts for stock parts plus cash on their end but i still dont think it'd be worth it

Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
To be realistic, you'd have to start at KBB value and add a few thousand or so as a whole for the mods. If your car looks really nice and clean, and drives nice as well, then you might be able to find people who will want your car and are willing to pay more than KBB for it, but the rest is going to be left to negotiation. And it doesn't make it any easier that the economy is down right now as even people who do want your car might not be able to afford it.

IMHO, 20 might be a little high already, but it may be possible to find a buyer at that price. 25, well, think of it this way, at 25, you can buy a Supra in good condition, and that's a highly sought after car even after all these years... all reasons why so many people demod and sell off the parts rather than selling all the parts with the car.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:33 PM
thanks for the responses guys...

yes, I started with KBB (15K)... and completely understand mods get nowhere near there initial cost (which is why I valued most of it at 30-40%, some of it I didnt even add to price)...

What makes it difficult to value is the body work/paint... that's why simply using KBB and bolt-on mods to determine a price wont work...

I basically took blue book + 30-40% of bolt-ons and added a few thousand more for the items that cant be removed (cams/misc internals) and body work... and came in way less than 50% of cost...

The problem with parting out is - I think it would be senseless for someone to buy the car as it would end up after being parted out... they'd have to turn around and re-mod (and would end up re-buying everything I took off - and paying way more, even used)... I dont think anyone would drive a car that looked like this without the mods that I would part out...

But if I did end up selling, that would be offered...

It's a very small market for something like this for sure... Thanks again for the feedback... more is welcomed

Old 05-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
I think it would be hard to get more than 20 imo. Its really hard to get much money back from mods if you keep them on. Your best bet would be to keep it or part out, trade parts for stock parts plus cash on their end but i still dont think it'd be worth it
I have all the stock parts... so parting out would be easy (and the OEM parts would obviously go to buyer if they wanted them)...

Old 05-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
KBB is the worst thing to look at.... Look at Edmunds, because it is the closest to currnet market trends... Your car is a private party only due to all the mods and custom work... In my experience and opinion, i would be shocked of you could get anything more than 20k for the car.

And dont part it out... Post it up on Ebay motors and you will find a buyer. With all of your documentation, it shouldn't be that hard to sell Mike.

The following users liked this post:
SDGenius (05-13-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 03:44 PM
thanks Mark... the car is so far from stock (and can never be close to stock again), that I think no matter what base value method is used, it's not gonna matter much...

I agree that 20K would be a value that is obtainable (and probably would sell)... but at that price it's jut a smokin' deal for someone and I might as well keep it... That's kinda why I came in at 25K - it's still a very fair price for what the car is - but of course, there are very few/if any people that are looking for something like this...

I don't mind keeping the car - I just with I had more room so I can buy something else...

Old 05-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Try to talk to Tony over at OCInfinti. And call Rick over at Perry Infiniti. I believe they sold their cars on Ebay and got a fair sale due to all their custom and aftermarket work done on the car.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM
^^^ good idea - thanks Mark

Old 05-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
Yea maybe you'll be lucky and find an a guy with money in his midlife crisis that loves your car and is willing to pay whatever to have it lol

Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
More pictures = more opinions

Don't think you'll get much for the modifications, may take you a while to find a buy who wants a modded car.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Finding a buyer for a modded car is not a problem if the car is clean and runs good. Finding a buyer willing to pay what you want for it will be the biggest issue.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
Yea maybe you'll be lucky and find an a guy with money in his midlife crisis that loves your car and is willing to pay whatever to have it lol
LOL, yep... that's how the car got like this in the first place
Originally Posted by AARONHL
More pictures = more opinions

Don't think you'll get much for the modifications, may take you a while to find a buy who wants a modded car.
there are a bunch of pics in profile/album... I didnt want to make it a pic ***** thread... many members are familiar enough with my car (in forum and in person) to give opinions I value... you're right about finding the right person
Originally Posted by dofu
Finding a buyer for a modded car is not a problem if the car is clean and runs good. Finding a buyer willing to pay what you want for it will be the biggest issue.
car is super clean and runs perfect (those are not concerns)... finding a buyer that realizes what they are purchasing is the challenge, yes... The world is full of champagne taste and beer budget

I suppose I could always place for sale with all reasonable offers considered... and let the kooky offers commence

Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
G37 are in the 25k price range too...If I was looking at buying a G, I wouldn't consider a modded car...I'd want to do everything myself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Value of my car?