G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Need serious help with seat switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need serious help with seat switch

My passenger seat wont come back up. It goes forward and back and down but WONT come up. I tried taking out the switch on the side of the seats and it looks like everything is selder together. Have any fellow g35 driver run into this problem? Now my seat is all the way down and I cant fit my kids in the car.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the same problem. My seat was inclined at max and no one was able to seat in the passenger seat. To be honest the problem still occurs sometime. I disconnect the wires and reconnect them, i dont know if that did anything but the next day it worked from time to time. I keep playing with the switch and it suddenly worked. I created a thread last week and a few members ad a few suggestions

heres the link to the thread hope it helps
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-recline.html

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 PM
I had a problem where my seat wouldn't move back. It was a real PITA because every person that got in the car would try to move it forward and backwards, which obviously just moved the seat forward. It also sucks because since the seat was so far up I couldn't remove the bolt near the front of the center console to lift the seat. I ended up taking out the armrest/center console to get to the switch. After you remove the 2 screws that hold it to the seat, I think you are able to take it apart using the "push tabs"(?) to remove a couple parts of it. Once I removed the buttons you can see the little sticks that the actual buttons move. When I touch these the seat moves back, but even when I put everything back together it wouldn't work anymore. So I just said eff it and left it apart lol

Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I got mine to a perfect position and disconnect the recline switch so no one can mess around with it anymore I dont want to risk having my seat forward and not be able to recline it again. I heard the problem to fix these things are expensive!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ive fixed this on one g35 and plenty of other cars
if u wana take the risk u have to open up the box were the switches are
you have to remove the seat
there are some pins inside that everytime u push the buttons they spark and after a wile they build up some black stuff around the pin and it wont make a connection anymore
you have to scrape it off with a razor blade or something
but u have to be carefull because they have a spring and a little ball inside and you can lose them easily when you open the switches up

Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by ven377
ive fixed this on one g35 and plenty of other cars
if u wana take the risk u have to open up the box were the switches are
you have to remove the seat
there are some pins inside that everytime u push the buttons they spark and after a wile they build up some black stuff around the pin and it wont make a connection anymore
you have to scrape it off with a razor blade or something
but u have to be carefull because they have a spring and a little ball inside and you can lose them easily when you open the switches up
oh this is pretty helpful, once i have time im gonna try to tackle this mini project

Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by 03g35ryder
My passenger seat wont come back up. It goes forward and back and down but WONT come up. I tried taking out the switch on the side of the seats and it looks like everything is selder together. Have any fellow g35 driver run into this problem? Now my seat is all the way down and I cant fit my kids in the car.
Hey Fellow G Owners wanted to help out people having seat problems and want to share some good info. Well here is my story I was hearing static coming from my rear speakers when i had my seat all the way down to the floor when i raised the seat it went away then my seat switch would not work at all sometimes so i went to the dealer they told me i my motors going and i have to replace the whole track $2000 are you kidding me

Well I can be pretty handy so i search every form with no help so last night i went out to my car took the plastic finisher piece off the seat so I could see underneath better. When my stereo was off i could actually hear a spark coming from under the seat when lowered all the way Then my seat would stop working the only way i got it to work again is by using the passenger entry button on the back of the seat. I parked in a really dark spot went under my seat looked while i lowered it and i seen the spark was really easy to see. What was happing is the wire the goes into the white box in front of the seat was getting pinched in the middle motor support so i retaped them theres two wires that are insulated in black that run right along the side then along the front down into the white box they are held onto the bottom by a yellow clip.What i did is tuck the wires unde the metal lip in front bottom of the seat pulling the wires clear of the motor mount you kinda gotta pushh the up from where they start and pull forward in the front to make them fit nicely under the metal lip. Make sure you disconect the battery before doing this from everything i have read i seats are pretty sensitive with all the sensors for the airbags

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT CAUSE SAVING 2000$ for me made my day