G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Which of these headlights would you choose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
I have option 2 and I love them, you would need to get an aftermarket H1 kit to get it to work with all these aftermarket nonhid lights

Old 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
sometimes even though u take care of the hazing on the surface the headlight cover is jus so badly yellowed that the cover itself glows yellow when the headlights are on at night. anyone have this issue? i did. looked really ugly. i jus replace the whole thing already
i had this issue.. i would use PlastiX polish and it would look clear during the day, but it would still look "yellow" at night... this would last about 2 weeks until it went back to being "foggy and yellow"

then i got the 3M headlight restoration kit.. Step 1 with the 500 grit.. you basically are taking out all the yellow plastic.. you sand it using a drill until you don't see "yellow" plastic anymore. You'll only see white. Then it's time to move on to the next steps..

I did this about 2 weeks ago... We'll see how it lasts but for now it's white and clear during the day and night..

I did finish it up with a wax after using the rubbing/polishing compound that comes with the kit.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joedaddy1
i had this issue.. i would use PlastiX polish and it would look clear during the day, but it would still look "yellow" at night... this would last about 2 weeks until it went back to being "foggy and yellow"

then i got the 3M headlight restoration kit.. Step 1 with the 500 grit.. you basically are taking out all the yellow plastic.. you sand it using a drill until you don't see "yellow" plastic anymore. You'll only see white. Then it's time to move on to the next steps..

I did this about 2 weeks ago... We'll see how it lasts but for now it's white and clear during the day and night..

I did finish it up with a wax after using the rubbing/polishing compound that comes with the kit.
I tried the same and it only lasted about a month or so. Without exaggeration, I probably spent about $150 in cleaning supplies during the past 3 years + My labor and they always end up going back to foggy/yellow headlights so my advice to you is to simply purchase new ones!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
I have option 2 and I love them, you would need to get an aftermarket H1 kit to get it to work with all these aftermarket nonhid lights
Would my stock HID Kit (Ballast) work with option # 2?
Did you have HID prior to the upgrade?