G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G vs. 70's CUDA!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G vs. 70's CUDA!

I was driving this afternoon (close to CSUN) and noticed a primer black 1970ish Dodge Cuda. I pulled up next to it and there was a women driver I smiled at her and looked at the car. The light turned green and we both proceed on at around 20mph I floored it then so did she. 1st went by then second and we were even. Then here comes 3rd and she pulled to about 2-3 cars ahead. Could not believe that a chick raced me and also beat me. I gave her a thumbs up and then she smiled back and turn. Just alittle story.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:14 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...'Cuda! Would you guess that was a stock 'Cuda?

Old 01-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Well i could tell that it had exhaust and that was it. Both of our cars were LOUD! gunning it down the street.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by court
I was driving this afternoon (close to CSUN) and noticed a primer black 1970ish Dodge Cuda. I pulled up next to it and there was a women driver I smiled at her and looked at the car. The light turned green and we both proceed on at around 20mph I floored it then so did she. 1st went by then second and we were even. Then here comes 3rd and she pulled to about 2-3 cars ahead. Could not believe that a chick raced me and also beat me. I gave her a thumbs up and then she smiled back and turn. Just alittle story.
I used to own and drag race a cuda with a 1970 440 Cuda and plymouth rated them at 375HP, no problem running high thirteens, low fourteens stock at the strip. It had 410:1 rear gear ratio.
Wayne

Old 01-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Gotta love the muscle cars. Well maybe not when you're refilling the tank, but it's really fun when you hop on the gas pedal.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by GZire
Gotta love the muscle cars. Well maybe not when you're refilling the tank, but it's really fun when you hop on the gas pedal.
Yes I certainly loved my 440 Cuda when I had it. It was obvious it was set up though with loud hemi mufflers , big M&H Street and Strip tires tucked in the wheel wells in back with tall skinnies mounted in front on mags.
I used to egg my wife into runnin guys on the street through a couple of gears from stop lights.(it used to scare her sometimes with the quick shifting B&M valve body in the auto and those big tires would break loose when it hit second). Used to surprise a lot of guys when they looked over to see who was driving ,hehe
It was not good on gas with those 4.10 gears.
Wayne

Old 01-16-2005, 03:50 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by court
Was prolly the 340 Cuda. A nice (and quick) ride even today. BTW I think Dodge made the Challenger, and Plymouth made the 'Cuda. Much the same ride except the Dodge was a tad bigger. Both great cars for their day.

Old 01-16-2005, 03:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Yes I certainly loved my 440 Cuda when I had it. It was obvious it was set up though with loud hemi mufflers , big M&H Street and Strip tires tucked in the wheel wells in back with tall skinnies mounted in front on mags.
I used to egg my wife into runnin guys on the street through a couple of gears from stop lights.(it used to scare her sometimes with the quick shifting B&M valve body in the auto and those big tires would break loose when it hit second). Used to surprise a lot of guys when they looked over to see who was driving ,hehe
It was not good on gas with those 4.10 gears.
Wayne
Wayne, tell us now without being moddest......Your 'Cuda would go deep into the 13's on a good day right?
I had a '68 340 which was reputed to be good for low, low 14's.

The 440 must have been a bear to hook up. Talk about instant torque.
and with the 410's it must have tached about 3k at 60mph???
I know my 391's in the '68 resulted in about 2800 at 60.
Not good on gas, but lots of fun
C.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by gsedanman
Wayne, tell us now without being moddest......Your 'Cuda would go deep into the 13's on a good day right?
I had a '68 340 which was reputed to be good for low, low 14's.

The 440 must have been a bear to hook up. Talk about instant torque.
and with the 410's it must have tached about 3k at 60mph???
I know my 391's in the '68 resulted in about 2800 at 60.
Not good on gas, but lots of fun
C.
Colin you pretty well nailed it, If I remember right the RPMs were just a tad over 3000 at 60. I borrowed a buddies slicks once and yes it was well into the 13's., but with my street tires, I had trouble hooking up.
Hehe, I can see we will definitely have lots to talk about at our summer meets besides our present rides and I am sure others that can make it will have some great stories.
Wayne
Come On Summer Oh, and note I added Z-tube to my sig, but so far it is too dam cold to install it, so it is on my car ,but in my trunk till it warms up outside (Thank Goodness we don't have Gordgees frigid weather)

Old 01-16-2005, 05:44 PM
During Christmas week there was a marathon of American Muscle. One episode was dedicated to Cudas, Challengers. As I remember the stock 1/4 mile #s didn't impress me much compared to the G35. As was stated before 13s, 14s? Don't get me wrong I love those cars. Especially when tricked out.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Colin you pretty well nailed it, If I remember right the RPMs were just a tad over 3000 at 60. I borrowed a buddies slicks once and yes it was well into the 13's., but with my street tires, I had trouble hooking up.
Hehe, I can see we will definitely have lots to talk about at our summer meets besides our present rides and I am sure others that can make it will have some great stories.
Wayne
Come On Summer Oh, and note I added Z-tube to my sig, but so far it is too dam cold to install it, so it is on my car ,but in my trunk till it warms up outside (Thank Goodness we don't have Gordgees frigid weather)
Haha, the trunk is close enough for this weather......wait for spring and have some fun installing it in stead of chattering teeth and numb fingers. UGG

Summer meets should be great, can't wait.
C.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by Xman
During Christmas week there was a marathon of American Muscle. One episode was dedicated to Cudas, Challengers. As I remember the stock 1/4 mile #s didn't impress me much compared to the G35. As was stated before 13s, 14s? Don't get me wrong I love those cars. Especially when tricked out.
I watched the same marathon.. great shows- I love them all, and still watch them weekly even now they're all reruns.

Don't forget that back then there was a ton of hp and torque but not the technology that we have today. With fuel managements sytems, tuned everything, terrific tires, and settup with 5 or 6 speed trannies like we have today, they would have been even more impressive.

You had to have been there man.....There was nothing quite like the musclecar era. It was electric.

Some of those bad boys deserved mucho respect and went like Jack the Bear.

On the other side of the coin, I'm sure many of those owners today (like Wayne and myself) admire and respect our rides for their techno-wizzardry and seemingly doing more with less.
Colin

Old 01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Red face The Real Deal...

1969 Hemi Roadrunner...$4,000.00 new, 425 hp/ 426 cu. in Two bucket seats, no back seat,two batteries in the trunk, cool can, 411 rear, close ratio 4 spd hurst, am/fm w/reverb, bias ply tires....13.3 qtr. mi stock outta the box....You guy's don't have a clue how I miss that car ($$$ too)....I love my G ....but DAMN....jbx

Attached Thumbnails G vs. 70's CUDA!-dscf0015.jpg  

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 01-17-2005 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:08 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
1969 Hemi Roadrunner...$4,000.00 new, 425 hp/ 426 cu. in Two bucket seats, no back seat,two batteries in the trunk, cool can, 411 rear, close ratio 4 spd hurst, am/fm w/reverb, bias ply tires....13.3 qtr. mi stock outta the box....You guy's don't have a clue....I love my G ....but
Nice ride too bro. Bet you wish you still had it today....
Unless you were there like we were, it's hard to imagine

I forget who said it.....one of the racers of the time, (could have been Hubert Platt) .. but he said:

"there's only 2 kinds of racers, those that have a Hemi, and those that want one."

Old 01-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
1969 Hemi Roadrunner...$4,000.00 new, 425 hp/ 426 cu. in Two bucket seats, no back seat,two batteries in the trunk, cool can, 411 rear, close ratio 4 spd hurst, am/fm w/reverb, bias ply tires....13.3 qtr. mi stock outta the box....You guy's don't have a clue....I love my G ....but
Awesome JustBrilliant, don't you wish you had that sittin in a garage now - You could always tell when a hemi was beside you with that loud lumpy idle, and the contented look on the driver's face.
I had 1 friend with the stage 3 426 wedge, that came set up like that in a 63 Plymouth Belvedere. The manual that came with it even said "not recommended for street use". I have driven a few hemis, and words can't explain the feeling of power from those engines . There is no replacement for cubic inches and the raw power they had.
Wayne

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G vs. 70's CUDA!