Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Did you ever ask the girl if she still had stock wheels?
She doesn't. Tim asked them when he was looking at the car. I know this because Tim called me right after he looked at the car to let me know that he was alive and on his way back home.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Hmmm....I think OP is giving the sellers too much credit, they seem sketchy from first impressions

Nick C.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
That's why i suggested car-faxing the VIN to see if any info as to when they aquired the car. If you know someone in the insurance industry, you can have them run the VIN and get a history as well.

Buying a car and selling it in 2 months seems odd....unless the car is a total POS.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by XiN
She doesn't. Tim asked them when he was looking at the car. I know this because Tim called me right after he looked at the car to let me know that he was alive and on his way back home.
Definitely sounds like she bought it as-is an has no idea the wheels are stolen. Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.

The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.
Valid question if she's owned the car short term.

However, the police should be able to find that info out as well using the VIN

Old 09-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Valid question if she's owned the car short term.

However, the police should be able to find that info out as well using the VIN

Would the VIN have updated information about the wheels?

Nick C.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ No, but the assumption is that whoever owned the car earlier also "owned" the wheels.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
It's not Tim's responsibility to find the previous owner of the wheels or how they got into this vehicle in the first place. That's the job for the police. He's handling it properly, with logic and going through the proper channels, unlike many of us who would probably just have stolen them right back. I keep telling Tim we should just leave the car on bricks like they left his car on bricks.

However, all things aside, we don't know if they're the ones responsible for the theft or not and we don't have any proof. Remember, in this country (ideally anyway), we're all innocent until proven guilty and there isn't any proof that Tim or any of us can provide that these people stole his wheels.

All Tim can do is provide ownership of the wheels, along with police reports, and evidence that these wheels are his property and were illegally obtained. After that, it's in the hands of the law.

But let's just say that these people weren't responsible for the theft and they're just assed out on a set of wheels for a car they're trying to sell. Well, that definitely does suck and it isn't fair. The world isn't fair and there are days where things just suck. Ask Tim how he felt when he woke up in the morning and found his car on blocks.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Did you ever ask the girl if she still had stock wheels?
Yep and she doesn't.

Definitely sounds like she bought it as-is an has no idea the wheels are stolen. Tim should ask her if she has any contact information for the previous seller so he can ask about maintenance history.
It's too late for me to do that since I've already looked at the car. That'll be the police's responsibility.

Originally Posted by XiN
It's not Tim's responsibility to find the previous owner of the wheels or how they got into this vehicle in the first place. That's the job for the police. He's handling it properly, with logic and going through the proper channels, unlike many of us who would probably just have stolen them right back. I keep telling Tim we should just leave the car on bricks like they left his car on bricks.

However, all things aside, we don't know if they're the ones responsible for the theft or not and we don't have any proof. Remember, in this country (ideally anyway), we're all innocent until proven guilty and there isn't any proof that Tim or any of us can provide that these people stole his wheels.

All Tim can do is provide ownership of the wheels, along with police reports, and evidence that these wheels are his property and were illegally obtained. After that, it's in the hands of the law.

But let's just say that these people weren't responsible for the theft and they're just assed out on a set of wheels for a car they're trying to sell. Well, that definitely does suck and it isn't fair. The world isn't fair and there are days where things just suck. Ask Tim how he felt when he woke up in the morning and found his car on blocks.
True that my friend. All I want is my wheels back and the people responsible for the theft caught and prosecuted. Son is correct, I've done my due diligence and provided information to the cops that the wheels are no doubt mine. I had a Constable stop by the house this morning and he let me know that they have pushed my case to the top of the list because the car's for sale. They're obtaining a search warrant from the DA and might possibly seize the car because it could be a part of a bigger theft ring. I have no idea if the family that owns it is involved, my gut says they're not, but at this point it's up to the police to investigate and see if they can tie the family to the theft in any way. If they're not involved but are an innocent third party then it sucks to be them, they will probably get the car back w/o wheels, but Son's right. It sucked to be me the morning I discovered the theft and getting my rims back is beyond comprehension, I had given them up for gone.

Updates will roll in as I get them so keep your popcorn hot and buttered!!

Old 09-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Yep and she doesn't.

It's too late for me to do that since I've already looked at the car. That'll be the police's responsibility.

True that my friend. All I want is my wheels back and the people responsible for the theft caught and prosecuted. Son is correct, I've done my due diligence and provided information to the cops that the wheels are no doubt mine. I had a Constable stop by the house this morning and he let me know that they have pushed my case to the top of the list because the car's for sale. They're obtaining a search warrant from the DA and might possibly seize the car because it could be a part of a bigger theft ring. I have no idea if the family that owns it is involved, my gut says they're not, but at this point it's up to the police to investigate and see if they can tie the family to the theft in any way. If they're not involved but are an innocent third party then it sucks to be them, they will probably get the car back w/o wheels, but Son's right. It sucked to be me the morning I discovered the theft and getting my rims back is beyond comprehension, I had given them up for gone.

I'm impressed with how you have handled this situation and I'm glad to see things lining up in your favor. This is an unfortunate situation for the family selling the car, but who knows, they may be involved and deserve legal ramifications.

I look forward to seeing how this situation unfolds and I hope you get those wheels back!

Nick C.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:24 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Oh I'm allllways hot and buttered.

wait, what?

The following 2 users liked this post by NFSP G35:
Blue Dream (09-05-2013), Diode Dynamics (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Oh I'm allllways hot and buttered.

wait, what?

The following 3 users liked this post by redpearl99:
Blue Dream (09-05-2013), JaE35 (09-05-2013), Urbanengineer (09-06-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
If you do get the wheels back, you should offer to sell the the mustang wheel.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by redpearl99

The following 2 users liked this post by NFSP G35:
calcul8 (09-05-2013), JaE35 (09-05-2013)
Old 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^^^hahahaha yes! That's exactly the one that came to mind!

Nick C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guess I picked a bad day to quit smoking the rock