G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

80 in a 40 zone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're a dumbass. Learn from this, or you may find yourself getting cornholed in a cell someday for vehicular manslaughter. Save it for the track stupid.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by calejohnson
... you'll find there are few people that offer sympathy for excessive speeding or racing.
i can see that, but i really dont desevrve any sympathy. Now after sleeping on it i realized what i did was more than stupid and i deserve being called a dumb kid. i guess the purpose to giving me the ticket was to teach me a lesson and the cop even told my parents that by giving me this ticket she will be saving my life. i guess shes right. well either way i learned my lesson and wont be street racing anytime soon.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doogie
Oh and when you lose your license and have no need for your car any more, I'll buy the plenum from you. How's that? It could help to pay for a couple bus tickets or taxi rides to/from work/school.
haha. i just put it on two days ago. sounds so agressive especially at the high rpms. its worth every cent. but its not for sale.

that was part of the reason why i was driving too fast. the sound it so addictive. but i dont think ill hear that growl for a while.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm glad you got to sleep on it and have realized it was a mistake. Best of luck working it all out, but remember that whatever happens, it's only for your benefit.

G

Old 02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Mr Bill,
Young, dumb and full of *um!
I'm curious as to why your parents purchased this car for you in the first place. Somebody has more money than brains here. No 18 yr old should have a car like this. Consider yourself blessed. My son would only get a car like this if he purchased it himself. I don’t know too many 18 yr olds that have an income to purchase a $34,000 car. If you have that income source, you should buy a house, it will appreciate in value as opposed to depreciate like a car.
Most of us speed from time to time, but you really have to know your surroundings. Residential streets are not the place. 40 mph over on any public street is not smart. It’s not impressive either. You should know that the 4-banger VTEC will not compete with you. He was dumber than you. Street racing is fun, we all understand the thirst for the adrenaline rush you get from it, but what happens if or when someone dies due to your negligence? That memory will haunt you forever and will be worse than any prison time you would receive. I know from an experience involving a friend of mine and a child he hit due to his stupidity. He thinks about it everyday and has nightmares about it almost every night. This happened when we were 18 back in 1988, now we are both 34. You can’t even imagine taking the life of an innocent person or child.

If you graduated from high school already your school district academic guidelines need to be reviewed. You should really work on your spelling of the English language.
Free advice that you will discover as you age:
1. Perception is everything. How people perceive you is how you will be treated in society. You come off as an uneducated spoiled rich kid. You might not be like this in person, it’s how most of us parents and adults perceive you based upon your written comments.
Don’t get worked up over this observation, it’s for your own benefit. This might not be fair; it’s just the way it is. I’m sure you noticed the bashing you have received from everyone here.
Tell mom and dad that you have learned your lesson and instead of street racing you would like to rent some track time to take out your “need for speed” with. This will at least show them you thought about it and will show some responsibility. If you pay for track time yourself it would be even better. Maybe if you do some charity work on your own it would reflect in a better light on your legal issues.

Old 02-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I meant legally an adult, not maturity level. I pointed that out because he said the Officer went to his house and spoke to his parents. Now if he were legally a minor, I could understand that, but he's not so I don't believe she had the right to do that.
He's not an adult if he is 18 and lives with his mommy and daddy. Come on. Adults pay for their way through life, adults admit when they are wrong and don't refer to female police officers who are doing their job as dikes. Odds are, this officer of 15 years has seen her fair share of MURDERS (vehicular homicides) and has seen how it's ruined perfectly good 18 year olds lives in the past. She didn't want that repeated, and used her best judgement and told the REAL ADULTS in the situation, the parents.

I applaud this officer!!!

Legally if he would have killed someone any lawyer worth their weight in salt would SUE THE PARENTS FIRST! The parents have EVERY RIGHT to know what the child that lives under their very roof is doing. Especially when it comes to breaking the law.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaddysG35
Maybe if you do some charity work on your own it would reflect in a better light on your legal issues.
No, I'm pretty sure it would look better in the eyes of the court if he just sold me his plenum.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Mr Bill,
I'm curious as to why your parents purchased this car for you in the first place. Somebody has more money than brains here. No 18 yr old should have a car like this. Consider yourself blessed. My son would only get a car like this if he purchased it himself. I don’t know too many 18 yr olds that have an income to purchase a $34,000 car. If you have that income source, you should buy a house, it will appreciate in value as opposed to depreciate like a car.
Most of us speed from time to time, but you really have to know your surroundings. Residential streets are not the place. 40 mph over on any public street is not smart. It’s not impressive either. You should know that the 4-banger VTEC will not compete with you. He was dumber than you. Street racing is fun, we all understand the thirst for the adrenaline rush you get from it, but what happens if or when someone dies due to your negligence? That memory will haunt you forever and will be worse than any prison time you would receive. I know from an experience involving a friend of mine and a child he hit due to his stupidity. He thinks about it everyday and has nightmares about it almost every night. This happened when we were 18 back in 1988, now we are both 34. You can’t even imagine taking the life of an innocent person or child.

If you graduated from high school already your school district academic guidelines need to be reviewed. You should really work on your spelling of the English language.
1. Perception is everything. How people perceive you is how you will be treated in society. You come off as an uneducated spoiled rich kid. You might not be like this in person, it’s how most of us parents and adults perceive you based upon your written comments.
Don’t get worked up over this observation, it’s for your own benefit. This might not be fair; it’s just the way it is. I’m sure you noticed the bashing you have received from everyone here.
Tell mom and dad that you have learned your lesson and instead of street racing you would like to rent some track time to take out your “need for speed” with. This will at least show them you thought about it and will show some responsibility. If you pay for track time yourself it would be even better. Maybe if you do some charity work on your own it would reflect in a better light on your legal issues.
Hey You gotta respect the 4 Cylinder I-VTEC, just remember that were not that much slower then your cars.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Don't drop the soap. Cause it could happen. They could lock you up for a few weeks. Depends on how tough the Judge is.

Old 02-01-2005, 04:58 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Honestly, it's idiots like you that make cops pull over G drivers for nothing. Stop giving us a bad name or sell your car. You deserved what you got and I wish your Dad took your car away. Just because you have the power, doesn't mean you have to show it off every chance you get. No matter what you think, that Acura won that race. He got to go on and you got the ticket...who won?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
If you were my kid, the car would be gone and I would definately leave you to deal with this yourself...financially as well as any time spent in jail or doing community service...
Obviously not only do you have no consideration for the fact that you are privelaged to have such a nice car but you also have no consideration for your parents for giving this luxury and trusting that you were mature enough to handle this machine (mistake on their part).
I'm glad to see you have thought this out and seem to be learning from this experience but believe me, this is not over yet. You still have more to come...possibilities- suspended license, fines, jail time, community service, insurance hike (if your on your parents insurance, theirs goes up)...etc, etc

I'm 32 and it just kills me to see young kids like you kill themselves just to get a thrill or to show off. I was never that "dumb"

Damn, I hope as a parent I can teach my kids how precious life is so they will be able to make sane judgements when im not around instead of INSANE judgements like the one you have made.

Be very glad you are still alive. I for one am glad for being able to yell at you in an email than read about you in the paper.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Mr Bill,

I too find it hard to believe that parents will purchases performance cars for their teenagers. What kind of thought process went on here? I have a 16 year old daughter, and she drives a 01 4dr Sable. The insurance was not cheap even on this car, and I can't imagine what it would be on a performance car for a teenager. The parents IMO are as reckless as the kids that pull foolish stunts like this. I pay the insurance, and any major repairs if needed on my daughters car. She pays for the gas, and maintenance. She has been told that if she gets a ticket, the insurance premium will go up, and she will be responsible for the difference.

I live in Atlanta, and there have been a lot of problems over the past few years with teenagers, and High performance cars involved in fatal accidents, yet parents continue to buy the Mustang Cobras, BMW's, etc.

Remember....soon or later it catches up to you. When I was in High school a classmate was very reckless with his cars. Daddy was an IBM executive. He total many cars in the last 2 years of school, and walked away unhurt for the most part, and Daddy kept replacing them. I got a call my freshman year in college, and my mom said that this individual had been killed it an accident.
He was going through an intersection, and a dump truck blew the stop sign. It flatten the car and him.

Learn from this lesson. The officer may have saved your life .....You live and die by your decisions.

Last edited by G35/SR71; 02-01-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Hey you people are talking to this kid like hes your child. Persoanlly i think that you are being quite rude. He simply came here being a fellow g owner with a problem and asked for advice. He obviosuly leanred his lesson and has enough things to deal with, non the less i dont think that a whole car club should turn the back aganist him. Over at Clubrsx this would be differnt. You guys are to mean and to conseritive. What do you think just because hes 18 he is the only one whos ever had a high speed traffic ticket. I know several people who im very close to who have by far made this incident look like nothing. Speeding doesent just go away with some people. I for one know two people both in the 50's who can drive the doors their cars. So dont tell me its only cause hes 18, cause thats crap, i cant start to tell you how many older people frive fast and reckless.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Ok.. I'm 26.. and I want to give my perspective.

RSX guy.. I understand your point.. but here's theres (and mine) If you come on here.. and post your own private life for the world to see, then you had better be prepared for all that comes with it.. be it good advice, or being ragged on. It comes with the territory.. If you don't want to be ridiculed... then don't post it.. its very simple.

Now.. 40 over in a residential... no offense man..but you should be going to jail for that. That's 1st degree vehicular manslaughter if you kill someone... and I don't think you would want o do that. I bust my *** to pay for this car and my mortgage.. my first car was an 87 mitsubishi mirage.. slow.. and old.. so any lessons learned could be taken on the beater and not on the lux sedan. Just my 2 cents...

Old 02-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by tgenius
Ok.. I'm 26.. and I want to give my perspective.

RSX guy.. I understand your point.. but here's theres (and mine) If you come on here.. and post your own private life for the world to see, then you had better be prepared for all that comes with it.. be it good advice, or being ragged on. It comes with the territory.. If you don't want to be ridiculed... then don't post it.. its very simple.

Now.. 40 over in a residential... no offense man..but you should be going to jail for that. That's 1st degree vehicular manslaughter if you kill someone... and I don't think you would want o do that. I bust my *** to pay for this car and my mortgage.. my first car was an 87 mitsubishi mirage.. slow.. and old.. so any lessons learned could be taken on the beater and not on the lux sedan. Just my 2 cents...
No Offesnife to you but thats totaly wrong. Being from Long island MRBIll Martin PMd me what road it was on and i know this road. Its a 4 lane main road and by now way is a residental road. And the part where he was on was similar to driving on a small Limited Acess Highway. The speedlimit there is Stupid it should be 55

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 80 in a 40 zone