G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

New G 35 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New G 35 Owner

Hello all!
Picked up a used Twilight Blue / Willow 2004 G35 5AT sedan last week. Nice, nice car!
Couple of questions, if you please.

1. I've gotten on the car a couple of times (by accident) but basically drive conservatively around suburbia. First mileage figures: 15.9 mpg
Besides changing the dirty airfilter, is there something else I can do to improve mileage? Performance cars can be thirsty but this is a bit much, no? Tire inflation appears ok but I didn't gauge it yet.

2. There's no "G" on my car, just "35". There are no holes or adhesive residue, or even the outline of a G. Hopefully, said missing G will be covered by warranty (car has 20,800 mi)

3. My biggest concern is that when my car has sat, say overnite, especially below freezing, the ABS, VDC off, and SLIP lights illuminate, and the speedometer doesn't work. Sometimes restarting the car solves these problems, sometimes several attempts are required. Pain in the butt!
Anyone else with a similar problem? Solution?

Other than these concerns, this thing corners like a go-cart on steriods and I just KNOW there's a speeding ticket in my future unless I use cruise control (alot). The car is extremely stable and fun to drive but AT will take some getting used to.

Thanks for any pointers.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Here's my 2 cents:

1) I was a bit concerned when i first filled up my G. The gas mileage wasn't as great as they said. But, it appears to be getting better and you must remember, this isn't a 4banger Honda or even a V6 Honda. G's have quite a bit more under the hood, needing that extra "fuel" even if you aren't steppin on it.

2) Give it a try.. If you bought it used from a dealership, my bet is that they would give you a G to go with your 35. If you bought it private party they not. Find a good dealer and have them do one of your "schedule maintenance" intervals and ask them nicely. It's worth a try! If not, a "G" can't be that expensive.

3) I would have this checked out. It may require the dealer to keep it overnight, but they should give you a loaner. I don't live in a place where it gets below freezing daily but it doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else with this problem?

And I understand your "speeding ticket" concern. I was going down the interstate the other day and realized I was approaching triple digits and I thought I was going the speed limit. LOL.. I love this car!

Old 02-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User
2. or you could remove the remaining "35" and replace it with "skyline" like some people on this board have done.

but i'd definitely go to the dealer for 2 and 3. you'll hopefully get it all fixed in a day or two and have a loaner to play with. i've gotten a loaner that had the VCD off and slip lights on constantly, but it was a car that was pretty beaten-up looking (on the inside, so who knows how it was driven). good luck and congrats!