G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Vibration after clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vibration after clutch replacement

Okay, I'm new here. I have searched this forum high and low and can't find anything quite like what I have going on.

I purchased a 2006 G35 6MT sedan from an Infiniti dealer back in August. The clutch seemed fine during the test drive and so did everything else about the car. So I bought it. This dealer is a 3 to 4 hour drive from home depending on how nasty traffic through downtown Seattle is. On the way home the clutch started grabbing right off of the floor and the pedal wasn't coming all the way up. First thing the next morning it was fine again. The problem didn't start happening until I'd been driving for 45 minutes to an hour. Anyway, to their credit the dealer replaced the clutch at no charge to me and gave me a 2014 M37x for the two weeks they had my car.

Now on to the problem. After I picked up my car I was in slow stop and go traffic for the first hour and a half to two hours. The clutch now works perfectly. I started to notice a rumble once I got up to speed. It wasn't real bad and I thought maybe it was just the type of pavement I was on. A little more experimentation and I verified that it was vehicle speed related and it didn't matter what gear I was in. It starts around 40 mph but really isn't very noticeable until around 60. Then it starts smoothing out around 70 and above.

I told the service manager about it and he said they'd take a look at it again. The problem is the distance and time involved with going all the way back up there. He said maybe the drive shaft got put back in 180 degrees off. Looking at the FSM they suggest rotating it at the final drive flange 90 degrees at a time and retesting. I'm assuming that the transmission end of the shaft can only go one way.

Other cars I've owned the flange at the diff could only go two different ways. If this one can go 4 different ways I assume the bolts are evenly spaced around the flange.

Sorry for the long winded post. Does this sound like I'm on the right track? Has anyone else experienced something like this?

It looks like there are a lot of knowlegeable people here any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.