G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35x awd front wheel bearing/hub assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't think there is. Even if you call the dealership, they'll tell you that the hub and bearing are sold separately. I purchased the Timken bearings off rock auto and the hubs off eBay, pressed them together myself and will be doing the swap next week.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fitgineer_93
I don't think there is. Even if you call the dealership, they'll tell you that the hub and bearing are sold separately. I purchased the Timken bearings off rock auto and the hubs off eBay, pressed them together myself and will be doing the swap next week.
I guess the demand is too low for a manufacturer to sell them in one piece. I may purchase an assembled parts from an ebay seller and hope for the best.

The following users liked this post:
whutch1 (04-20-2019)
Old 07-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
do you have a link for the hubs? I cant seem to find them.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:52 PM
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Infi...sid=m570.l1313

That's the hub I got, brand spanking new. Hopefully you live in Canada, otherwise, use the following link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Inf...sid=m570.l1313

Old 07-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by awalle01
I wanted to bring this back to life for some help hopefully. I am currently working on my 2004 G35X and cannot figure out which assembly to get. The only assembly I can find are for the 2007 model X and was not sure if that will fit the 2004. I know it has been 3 years and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a seller who sells the whole assembly now. Thanks!
I bought this recently. Good quality part. ebay. I do recommend trying to find a real timken. Just better quality than the cheap knock offs.

Timken BM500013 Wheel Bearing Assembly for 2004-2006 Infiniti G35

Seller was overdrive_brands (267203) .
  • ITEM PRICE:
    US $134.58
  • ITEM ID:292458095203
Here is a current link . https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timken-BM50...0AAOSwFV1bIqnX

I didnt order the hub, just reused the one I had. I had a buddy with a shop (and a press etc) do that part. I just took the whole knuckle to him. He didn't even charge me for the job of cleaning up the hub, getting the original bearing assembly off it, etc.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:16 PM
Although I'm replacing both wheel bearings, only one is bad. I'll have a wheel bearing and hub assembly available this Tuesday. PM me if interested.

Yes, I'm aware this should be posted in the marketplace but an assembled hub and bearing is a hot topic and this thread seems like the perfect place!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Konsole
I didnt order the hub, just reused the one I had. I had a buddy with a shop (and a press etc) do that part. I just took the whole knuckle to him. He didn't even charge me for the job of cleaning up the hub, getting the original bearing assembly off it, etc.
The first wheel bearing on my car I did, I bought a new hub.

For the next three, I just reused the hubs. I put them on a lathe and checked runout and they were all fine. I figured why waste the money. I pressed out the old hub, and pressed in the new one.

I got 70-80K miles out of each bearing up front.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:38 PM
Mustang,

A little follow up on our PM's to each other. This should probably be posted on your original DIY thread but I'll post it here since were on the topic of the hubs.

I had pre pressed new wheel bearings into new hubs and did the swap, and thank Christ I did that. My car has spent its life in Canada, so the corrosion holding everything together was atrocious. I tried the method of backing out the bolts and pounding the assembly out of the hub but it didn't move a smidgen. Had to get a large pole and set it on the hub/bearings with the spindle held up on wood. I had to use an incredible amount of force with a sledgehammer on the other end of the pole to get it out. I couldn't believe how seized in there it was; it might as well have been a part of the spindle.

Sure, I could have used a press to get the assembly out, but I doubt I would have been able to remove the bearing off the hub afterwards. Plus, the hub was in such horrible condition that I would be weary pressing a new bearing back on to the hub.

All in all, it went well. Your DIY was helpful in terms of steps, however the MOST important part of your writeup was at the very beginning where you stated that "some of you may have to modify the procedure due to corrosion". Oh boy was that ever true. The sad part is, I probably spent the most amount of time getting all the cotter pins out. The pin ends snapped as soon as I tried to bend them back to straight, and the holes housing the pins were completely filled with rust and what not.

Still, you put a lot of effort into the write up and did a great job.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Still, you put a lot of effort into the write up and did a great job.
Thanks. It's great that that write-up is still helping people out. There might be different ways of accomplishing it, but at least it serves as a guide to show people what you are getting into.

When I wrote that out, there really was no information at all on how to do the job. The only bearings available were the OEM and Timkin (which I found were the same) and the only hub was OEM. I remember the dealer quoting me $900 EACH to change out my front bearings. Decided to dive in and figure it out. I do remember the first time I did waste a lot of time on cotter pins. Had to actually drill a few out.

If I had to do another one, I'd probably do it different than my write-up. A few ways to skin a cat. If I did one today....hub buster. Of course, unsure if you could reuse the hub afterwards. But like I said in my PM that I had to do a wheel bearing on my new Taurus and it was less than 1hr start to finish using this thing. I zipped the axle nut off, removed the 4 bearing bolts, and then hit this thing with a 10lb sledge for maybe 5-6 whacks. Loosened right up. That bearing, however, comes as a bearing/hub assembly, so I didn't care if I damaged the old hub. It was definitely stuck in that knuckle though.

(picture is not mine)

Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Yeah I called the dealership and asked what would they charge me for just the labour if I had provided the wheel bearings. $600 labour. So if I were to get two new hubs, two new bearings and get all of them to do the work, it would have been just over 2 grand. All I spent was $734 on the parts. I'm done with dealerships.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats ridiculous you can get the timken bearing from rockauto for 90 ( fronts are more expensive than rear) and u can reuse the old hub or buy one for pretty damn cheap and if u do not want to tackle the job yourself any decent mechanic can get them out and the new ones pressed and in under 2 hours. usually to press bearing its 40 ish and labor should cost you about say 250 if there not trying to stretch the job another hour. so your looking at 700.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 PM
I’m in canada so the dollars are different. I got the Timken’s off of rockauto ($293 with tax and shipping) and the hubs off eBay ($441 with tax and shipping). Every Infiniti dealership quoted me 2 hours labour per side, which was $600 in labour.

if I had bought the parts at Infiniti as well, it would have been over $2,000 (Canadian). They wanted ridiculous amounts for the oem hubs and bearings.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:17 PM
Damn Daniel that sucks, sorry i did not realize you were part of the maple squad. thats a tuff one bro hope u can get it done for cheaper.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Like I said I already got it done, and the $734 I paid was the cheapest possible route. It transfers to about $550 USD for the two bearings and two new oem hubs. I’m happy with it!

Old 08-16-2018, 09:17 AM
O that's great decent price I guess and sorryabout that I just saw 2 Grand and lost it. 😭😭

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35x awd front wheel bearing/hub assembly