G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

No intelli-key on 6mt...wow.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No intelli-key on 6mt...wow.

Maybe not a deal breaker, but certainly a head scratcher...Why would Infiniti do that?

The only thing I can think of is that they consider the AT to be the "luxury car" and the 6mt to be the sports car. I'm kinda' bummed now.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by BobbyG123
Maybe not a deal breaker, but certainly a head scratcher...Why would Infiniti do that?

The only thing I can think of is that they consider the AT to be the "luxury car" and the 6mt to be the sports car. I'm kinda' bummed now.
Probably because it is a manual transmission. I personally don't like it. I am pissed that the 6spd didn't come with aluminum pedals. They got cheap on that one.

Old 02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Howdy!
I talked to my dealer about that. Not that he necessarily knows anything, but he said he thinks Infiniti thinks it's a safety issue. He was really just guessing, but that's what I think too. It really makes no sense to me at all, but I have a feeling that is the reasoning.

I would hope it would go beyond the auto being more "luxorious".

Old 02-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think 6MT's get screwed. does anybody else with an 03.5 6MT have heated seats?

Old 02-22-2005, 10:52 AM
298hp engine vs 280
no intelli-key vs intelli-key

I don't think anyone is getting screwed anywhere. 6MT purchasers are more sport oriented, they don't care as much about intelligent keys and such, they want more power, better handling, etc. Conventional customers would prefer the luxuries over power. It's just an issue of cost and what the customer finds most important.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:38 AM
You have the Trial Lawyers of America, stupid non-responsibility-taking consumers and frivolous lawsuits to thank for that one.

Damn right it's a liability issue. Car is in gear - Bob "accidently" hits the button and runs over his kid... sues Infiniti for billions...

But they could have at least given us the keyless door handles for the 6MT...

Old 02-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by shodog
I think 6MT's get screwed. does anybody else with an 03.5 6MT have heated seats?
I do. Of course, back then, the option was the "cold weather package", and my 03.5 6MT was delivered with all season tires instead of summers. For the '04's, the options got changed around a bit.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by trebien
You have the Trial Lawyers of America, stupid non-responsibility-taking consumers and frivolous lawsuits to thank for that one.

Damn right it's a liability issue. Car is in gear - Bob "accidently" hits the button and runs over his kid... sues Infiniti for billions...

Thats why you gotta press the clutch to start.

Old 02-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by trebien

I don't understand how that is different from a regular key. You can still turn the key with the car in gear and it will try to start the engine, at least it did in my BMW. How is that any different from twisting the switch in the Intelligent key cars? The cars both require some driver input to start whether that is turning the switch or inserting the key and then turning it.

I would think that a clutch lockout would be the way to go and should be doable. If the clutch isn't depressed, the car won't start.

Pags

Old 02-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by shodog

Mine does.

Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
I actually went looking on the Infiniti website and found that if you get Performance Package B with the Sports Tuned Suspension Package, you can get the intelli-key. But most dealers that list the cars in their inventory with the Performance Package don't seem to have the intelli-key..

Regards

Old 02-23-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't see the problem, big deal if you have to put the key in to drive the car? And the touch to unlock door makes no sense either, since with a plain, old keyless entry you touch a button on a key or keyfob and the door unlocks.

The start is the reason it is not on the MT car, to make the clutch interlock work you have to be in the car with the clutch depressed. So having a keyless start does not make much sense.

If you want the MT, I don't see it as being a deal breaker.

Now if you go to TireRack and price 18" replacement tires, that might be a breaker. Few choices and high prices ($210-250 per tire). For non sport pack the 17" rubber is a lot cheaper and more choices. I didn't check 19" tires to fit the new M, that is probably even more money.

Dennis

Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Is the intelli-key standard on all other '05 G35 sedans?

Old 02-23-2005, 11:04 PM
Not standard but available with the Performance package on automatic G35's..

Regards

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No intelli-key on 6mt...wow.