G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Debadged Sedan Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35sedanman
You are suppossed to say " Mikee likes it!" LOL
HEHE...but I do have to say one thing. Our car has way too many "Infiniti words" all over the place. In the back, on the seats, just about everywhere inside the car has the word infiniti. I KNOW I BOUGHT AN INFINITI...no need to remind me...

Old 02-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DINOONE
Funny, it takes less than 20 seconds to order a new set of badges from your local dealer... Very sweet I de-badged my 05 2 weeks after I got it. It cleans the rear of the car up. Benz, BMWs don't have thier anything sprawled over the trunk of the car..
How much less than 20 secs does it take? (lol). I would think that the "debadger" would be smart enough to keep the original badges so a new owner would not have to waste 20 secs (or less) to get the badges plus the cost of the badges.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Debadging isn't for me. Seems like something that would go along with the rice isle at pep boys, but to each their own.

What I find funny in this case is that while debadging the rear of the car to clean it up, you allow a sticker to remain in the middle of your darkly tinted rear window. if I were setting out to clean up the rear of my car I would have started there.

Nice shiny black G though - SWEET!

Mercedes does clutter up the rear of the cars in some cases...

Old 02-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Corgidog
How much less than 20 secs does it take? (lol). I would think that the "debadger" would be smart enough to keep the original badges so a new owner would not have to waste 20 secs (or less) to get the badges plus the cost of the badges.

The SKYLINE (or INFINITI) badge comes on a foam strip so the letters are positioned where they should be. If you kept the letters after debadging them and tried to reinstall them, you would have to precisely measure and locate each letter individually and it likely would come out looking sloppy.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Debadging isn't for me. Seems like something that would go along with the rice isle at pep boys, but to each their own.

What I find funny in this case is that while debadging the rear of the car to clean it up, you allow a sticker to remain in the middle of your darkly tinted rear window. if I were setting out to clean up the rear of my car I would have started there.

Nice shiny black G though - SWEET!

Mercedes does clutter up the rear of the cars in some cases...

This sticker has gotten me out of a ticket about 4 times now and is PROUDLEY displayed on every car, boat, and motorcyle helmet I own.
But thanks for asking. If you dont know what it is then dont assmume please. But since it seems you dont know I will educated you on this. This sticker says that I belong to a group of people that have the most honored and respected job in the world (me personally I think military people have that job). It's a union sticker for the IAFF. Which means that I am a career firefighter.

And for everyone else thanks for the comments I havent seen a sedan debadged yet that why I posted the pick. I still havent decided to get the skyline badges or just leave it. I have however been thinking about tinting the turn signals a dark shade to match my paint to keep the reverse light in a straight line. So the back will have a \ / sorta look, but with less of an angle.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by smokeator
This sticker has gotten me out of a ticket about 4 times now and is PROUDLEY displayed on every car, boat, and motorcyle helmet I own.
But thanks for asking. If you dont know what it is then dont assmume please. But since it seems you dont know I will educated you on this. This sticker says that I belong to a group of people that have the most honored and respected job in the world (me personally I think military people have that job). It's a union sticker for the IAFF. Which means that I am a career firefighter.

And for everyone else thanks for the comments I havent seen a sedan debadged yet that why I posted the pick. I still havent decided to get the skyline badges or just leave it. I have however been thinking about tinting the turn signals a dark shade to match my paint to keep the reverse light in a straight line. So the back will have a \ / sorta look, but with less of an angle.
Not that I like police or anyone of that sort, but my dad has a Sherriff support sticker on the back of his H2 (looks terrible), I was speeding and cutting someone off while giving them the bird(I was trying to run the ******* off the road, don't ask long story), cop pulled me over and told me to not do it anymore and didn't even test me for alcohol (wasn't drinking but downtown friday night around 10:00pm).

Those stickers really do work!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
Talking

Did it last Nov. and I liked the way it looks so much I may even pull the Mt. Fugi off and put on one of my Chrome "Darwin fish" LOL...JBX

Attached Thumbnails Debadged Sedan Pics-dscf0001-2-.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 02-24-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
JBX, does big badge leave holes behind?

Old 02-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
AH AH....noper...same adhesive applique. (I hope heh heh)

Last edited by JustBrilliantX; 02-24-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by smokeator
Glad you like your sticker. I didn't ask about it, and I also didn't assume to know anything. I know what the sticker is, and as a career Navy man with 24 years under his belt I'll take your compliment gracefully. If you actually re-read what I wrote:

What I find funny in this case is that while debadging the rear of the car to clean it up, you allow a sticker to remain in the middle of your darkly tinted rear window. If I were setting out to clean up the rear of my car I would have started there.

You see? I asked nothing and assumed nothing. Merely stated that IN MY OPINION if I wanted to get rid of clutter on the back of the car to clean it up, that I would have started there. Your car, your choice. I was stating MY opinion.

Being military, I'm forced to have a window sticker on the windshield of my car. It also helps with cops, but so does obeying the traffic laws which is what I try to do. That goes along with the whole 'honor and respect' thing you mention above. If I had my choice, my sticker would be removed.

How long have you been a firefighter?

Again, nice shiny G.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
AH AH....noper...same adhesive applique. (I hope heh heh)
I'm not 100% certain, but......
I'm pretty sure I've seen an old post where someone found
out that there are 2 pins behind the logo.

You should be able to remove the trunk lid liner to check it out.

For me, I like mine with just the logo

Old 02-25-2005, 12:04 PM
G35sedanman
with your s techs what kinda of problems do you have with your negative camber? Are your tires wearing on the inside really bad? Or did you use a camber kit?

Old 02-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Why is it that the police tend to let other off-duty police/emergency personnel disobey the law, but Mr. and Mrs. US Taxpayer, who pays their salary, asborbs the brunt of the citations?

Old 02-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

DaveB

Very off topic here, but okay...

I think your question was a rhetorical one, but I'll offer this.

It goes along with belonging to the group of people who actually put their keester on the line daily to help others. It's a sort of kinship. I guess we figure since one of the average taxpayers could put a bullet through our skull or we could die in a house fire tomorrow we deserve all the breaks we can get. Tomorrow the roles may be reversed and the guy sitting in the car who deserves a ticket may be called upon to save the guy holding the ticket book family's lives.

Don't necessarily agree or disagree as I'm one of the uniform wearing/public service variety myself. I'm not saying this is the gospel either - just my opinion.

This much is gospel - when I'm traveling the planet on the way to/from one duty assignment to the another I often cross paths with other military members who are doing the same thing. It doesn't matter where we're from or what branch of the service we're in, we always go out of the way to look out for each other while we're together. It may only be a few hours in an airport somewhere - but it doesn't matter. It may be nothing more than watching the fellow servicemen's baggage while he goes to the bathroom or catches a nap on the floor.. Most of the time we're the only ones we can rely on when the poop hits the fan. I'm sure it's the same way in the civilian sector.

When you think about it, it's no different than the insurance salesman that gives his family and friends a break on their premiums or the car dealer who allows his family to buy at invoice when everyone else pays MSRP. Sorta like that. Employee discounts at Best Buy, whatever.

You control what you can for those that take care of you when you need them to.

You may 'pay our salary' but it's the job we do that enables you do live the life you live. When folks are in trouble and yell for help we're the ones who come running and leave OUR families behind... Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not so good, but I can't think of another system that works as well. I've been a lot of places and seen a lot of things in the 24 years I've been in the Navy and one thing is for sure - American's have it the best in the world BY A LARGE MARGIN and most don't even realize it.

Not trying to be a jerk - just my .02

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 02-25-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Dave it's cause we take care of our own. Its not a profession, not a job, it's a way of life. And in alot of cases its a way of life for several generations like military personel. Take my family for instance. Currently working family
3 fireman
3 paramedics
2 emt's
1 Cop
Wedont do it for any glory we do it cause we LOVE it. Most public service people will tell you we are a family not co-workers. Hence back to the top we take care of our own.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Debadged Sedan Pics