G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Just bought a 04 g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 04 g35x

As the title says, I'm now apart of the G family. Ive been doing a lot of research about a front end knocking that I have. I don't think it's the compression rod bushings. It doesn't happen when I turn or come to a stop. It only happens when I go over bumps.

So I guess my question is... Is there a front end bushing kit for the g35x? I'd like to knock them all out at one time.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Not that i know of, mainly because the AWD is more of a bastard car then the RWD. More RWD ones are on the road so they make the kits for that car. Some bushings might work.

If its not your compression rod bushings, it might be your sway bar endlinks. Endlinks are common on every car for knocking in the front end. Plus they are cheap and very easy to DIY compared to a rod bushing.

The following users liked this post:
m17davis (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 06:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by m17davis
As the title says, I'm now apart of the G family. Ive been doing a lot of research about a front end knocking that I have. I don't think it's the compression rod bushings. It doesn't happen when I turn or come to a stop. It only happens when I go over bumps.

So I guess my question is... Is there a front end bushing kit for the g35x? I'd like to knock them all out at one time.
Hey there,

I have the full Energy Suspension Poly Bushing Kit up front. The One from the RWD G Sedan worked perfectly. Handling is spot on now. A few things to note however,

They may squeak a little. That is a characteristic of the bushing itself. Whiteline makes better bushings from what I have seen.

If you car has some rust on the bottom, I advise looking at the Compression rod and checking for rust as they are made of Iron on the X. If rusted, look for a used compression rod that is not rusted and swap in the new bushings.

Other then that, it has been pretty good to me as a whole.

Rubber Bushings may run cheaper in some cases but you would need to source each individual bushing.

End Links are also common. Easy fix as well. Check your suspension thoroughly for wear all around. Tie Rods, Bushings, Sway Endlinks, Shocks, Ball Joints. Better to check all and make a list of what to do so it all can be done at one time.

Hope this helps out!

-Ali

m17davis (01-17-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 11:12 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Check out your translink bushings as well. These are also known as the lower control arms.

With the front end on jackstands, and the wheels dangling, see if you can pry the arm forward and back where it bolts to the subframe. The arm should stay centered between the frame, but as these cars age, the bushings tear and the arms move back and forth creating a clunking over bumbs

m17davis (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish it wasn't so cold. Or else I'd have it checked out already. Yesterday I deleted the idler pulley cause it was making a terrible noise. Today I fixed a leak from a connection on the bottom of the radiator. I'll check all the bushings Saturday and let yuh know. Thanks all