G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Question about the 07 G35x, and also wanted opinions on a particular car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the 07 G35x, and also wanted opinions on a particular car

Hello there! I've been looking at G35x's for the past month or two, and I haven't found many 07 G35x's within my budget (under $10,000 Canadian). However, I found a lot of 06 G35x's, but I've done a bit of Googling and reading and it seems like the 07 is a lot better than the 06 in terms of creature comforts and such that you get.

I was wondering if these differences are worth the extra $2000 - $3000 price tag!

Also, there's this guy who I messaged and he is willing to sell the Infiniti by itself (not just trading), and he can sell for $8500, which is a really great price except it's at 1880000 kilometers. I haven't looked at the car yet though, but I was wondering if it looks like a good deal:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

Thank you so much for your help!

Old 12-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Focus on the 07's or newer, idk about that one because personally i think thats a lot of mileage. Dont rush into it because thats what i did but maybe because it was my first car (got my license at 21) lol. Idk ur budget but think of it like this, its about to be 2016, why would u want to drop several thousand on an 05/06 (old body style) when u could be a lot more pleased with an 07/08 with the great v36 engine (check out reviews on edmunds).

This is the same car as mine except mine is black. The car for sale has every package except sport (which is better, suspension-wise).

Any messages about the 07/08s just message me

Old 12-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Hey there, thanks for your reply and advice! Yea for a 2007+ G35x, they're all around $13000 CDN and up, this one is the only one under $9000 haha! Maybe they'll be cheaper this upcoming summer or even next winter..

Old 12-27-2015, 09:22 PM
Dont worry about the mileage, that is pretty low miles. Just make sure you change the transmission fluids, differential fluids, power steering, radiator, and oil if you buy it. My car currently has 195000 miles and a lot of life still left. Just make sure theres not too much rust. I would get an 07 than an 06. Way better daily experience.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Hey, thanks for your advice! I'm meaning to check the car out soon haha!

So all those fluids + oil, do I just go to a shop or dealer and tell them I want a "full fluid change" or something like that? I see Fluid Flush packages or whatever sometimes driving by shops, not sure if that's the same as the stuff you are suggesting I change! I'm really not a car person haha, but definitely do want to become one maybe this summer when I can borrow a friend's garage or have a bit of money and rent my own.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:34 PM
If you really want to learn, just wait till summer and do it all yourself. Its very simple to flush all of those fluids and there are great guides on this forum. If you want piece of mind, you just tell the shop you what each of those things flushed specifically. Take it independent shop (not a dealership), make sure they have high ratings and then tell them to "DRAIN AND FILL" each of those specifically naming what you want done. Drain and fill, not flush. Its highly likely none of those fluids have ever been changed, I purchased my car at 168000 miles and none of the fluids were changed other than engine oil and coolant. But also ask for service history to see if the previous owner is a car guy and a responsible owner.

Old 12-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Also look for inconsistencies around the car. Things that were repaired poorly, did not come from the factory that way. See if it was ever in an accident. If it was in any bad accidents, I would walk away from it.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:55 AM
I'm asking the guy for pics right now! If they look decent, I'll take the car for a test drive and inspection.

Should I go to a dealer for the inspection?

Old 12-31-2015, 02:13 AM
These are the pictures he sent:

He said there's a small crack on the passenger side windshield, and rock chips on the bumper. Not a big deal in Alberta, my own car has these problems too haha.

I wonder if the car has a block heater for the cold winters. I'm going to be parking it outside too.

Guy got back to me, he has no records he says he does his own work on the car; interior looks a bit rough

Last edited by Polaris; 12-31-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:12 AM
Cant tell the outside condition with all that frost everywhere... but take it to an independent shop that maybe specializes in infiniti. But any competent mechanic can check all fluids, wear and tear items.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:15 AM
Yea for sure, though the guy just seems a bit sketchy. Can't find any other 2007 or newer G35x's around me, but plenty of 2006's. Don't want to settle though, especially because I want this car for at least the next few years. Thankfully not in a rush, can afford to wait until maybe spring if I drive my current beater really safely..

Old 01-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Interior looks fine to me? No cracks, no tears. I see normal wear and fade, which you will get for the most part. Body parts line up correctly, no gaps between lines, everything looks right. I would go look at it and test drive it.

How is he being sketchy?

Old 01-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Ah sorry I should've posted an update. Well I asked him if he did his own work then what type of work did he do recently on the car, and he corrected himself and said he has a personal mechanic and in his words "he's a cash kinda guy no receipts". I dunno I mean I could always just go check it out..

Old 01-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris
Ah sorry I should've posted an update. Well I asked him if he did his own work then what type of work did he do recently on the car, and he corrected himself and said he has a personal mechanic and in his words "he's a cash kinda guy no receipts". I dunno I mean I could always just go check it out..
While paper records for maintenance is always nice, you can easily tell if the care is taken care of mechanically just by looking at it, driving it, and examining it. Then have it independently inspected. An Infiniti dealership is not a bad place to have it inspected. I paid less than $80 for a 72 point inspection. While not as thorough as I would have liked (the 140+ point inspection for certified preowned), time constraints limited me to the 72 point inspection. I had access to the full maintenance history there at the infiniti dealership since the car was new so I wasn't too worried about it since the infiniti inspection came back with good comments from the mechanic and had only normal suspension components that needed attention.

I think a 140+ point inspection would cost you about $180 if you have the time (2+ hours). Ask the seller if he's willing to have the car inspected by an independent mechanic (don't tell him who) and see how he responds. That will typically tell you everything you need to know about the seller and if he's being shady or not.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Ah that sounds like a good plan. I was actually wondering if I should take it to a dealership to get it inspected (I'm more than willing to fork over around $200 for an inspection to make sure everything is sound), but I wasn't sure if I should go to a dealer, a mechanic or something like Canadian Tire haha.

In regards to the interior, just from the picture it seems like the driver's seat on the left sort of area the color or leather is faded, does it seem like an interior detailing job (perhaps by a professional) can restore this leather? And finally I'm being really picky here for sure, but if the steering wheel is also roughed up just through regular wear and tear, what are some options other than buying a wheel cover?

Thank you so much, I'll definitely see if he's fine with my taking it for an inspection.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question about the 07 G35x, and also wanted opinions on a particular car