G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:20 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Tony at Motordyne puts hundreds of hours into R&D foe each part he produces. I doubt Circuit Sport does so I'm thinking you won't get the same results out of their products that Motordyne does.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Tony at Motordyne puts hundreds of hours into R&D foe each part he produces. I doubt Circuit Sport does so I'm thinking you won't get the same results out of their products that Motordyne does.
Sure Tony put hours into it it. He's a rocket scientist. We thank him for that. I'm a machinist with 24 years experience with military(tanks, bombs), aerospace(fighter jets, brrrtt) and SpaceX(rocket ships).
Reverse-engineering is when you hand me a part and I figure out how to machine a copy of it from scratch. I simply wondered if Circuit Works figured out how to do that with a cute lil ol' y-pipe.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 08:33 AM

Heard.......

Old 05-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Wasn't chasing the last couple of horsepower on this, nosing around online, it seemed the CW resonated pipe would do a better job quieting the exhaust than the Motordyne would. The Beluga pipe was too boomy sounding with the Art Pipes and the stock one too much of a bottleneck. Looking for the best compromise between sound control and better flow without having to cut up the exhaust and add either a larger resonator or another one or maybe even a different muffler.

And it isn't like I haven't already dropped $800+ on Motordyne parts as it is.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Wasn't chasing the last couple of horsepower on this, nosing around online, it seemed the CW resonated pipe would do a better job quieting the exhaust than the Motordyne would. The Beluga pipe was too boomy sounding with the Art Pipes and the stock one too much of a bottleneck. Looking for the best compromise between sound control and better flow without having to cut up the exhaust and add either a larger resonator or another one or maybe even a different muffler.

And it isn't like I haven't already dropped $800+ on Motordyne parts as it is.
Did you mean to say Beluga instead of Motordyne in your 1st sentence there? I can't see the CW being anything but equal to or less than MD at doing a better job. The CW fits much better in my wallet tho!

Old 05-09-2017, 10:10 AM
6 speed G35 sedan
Originally Posted by theronz
Did you mean to say Beluga instead of Motordyne in your 1st sentence there? I can't see the CW being anything but equal to or less than MD at doing a better job. The CW fits much better in my wallet tho!
No, I originally had the Beluga, never had the Motordyne. When I was looking around threads here about resonated Y-pipes, I found a thread that mentioned the resonated Motordyne didn't help the TS drone issue as well as using the straight pipe vs the resonated pipe. Then on the 350Z forum, someone with headers, high flow cats, etc got the desired results with the Circuit Werks resonated pipe. The Motordyne Y-pipe looks to be a bit more free flowing but in this instance, I wanted to reduce the sound vs get every last bit of power.

Even though my G35 is primarily my night/weekend car, it has better seats than my Accord does so I like using it for road trips. So I don't want it excessively loud at freeway speeds.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:20 PM
6 speed G35 sedan
R2C intake installed. Actually ended up with the entire kit. Summit never gave me any kind of delivery date (ships from the manufacturer) even after repeated requests. A simple "we haven't heard back from the manufacturer" would have been better than silence. Anyway, a complete kit popped up on Craigslist. Person had ordered it, took over a month to get it and by then he'd decided to sell the car and never installed it.

Ended up using my Z-tube instead of the R2C intake tube, had some clearance issues with I believe the a/c hard lines on the driver's side. The tube was resting directly on it so I removed it and reused my Z tube. If I can figure out how to reposition the lines so they don't rub on the tube I'll go ahead and put it back on.

Sound is more subdued than I expected, quieter than the AEM v2 on my Accord.

Name:  IMG_20170525_175609_zpsqtm9wydy.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  1.53 MB

Old 05-27-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys i got a 07 g35 sedan and i currently have resonator delete and magnaflow mufflers. It gives me the same tone throughout even when its shifting. I want to make it louder and have a little crackles when i rev or shift what would you guys recommend? Is the X-pipe, h-pipe or true dual better for this car. i dont want to make it too raspy where it sounds like a ricer Honda. Thanks in advance

Old 05-28-2017, 08:28 AM

Post that question over in the second gen sedan forum, you might get better answers since this one focuses on 03-06 sedans.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:18 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Installed the Chinese Cusco knockoff sways I found on local CraigsList. New in boxes for $150, can't go wrong. Solid feel, slightly more stiff than stock.

Trying to pinpoint a fuel mixture issue with the supercharger's piggyback ECU. Cruising at highway speed for a few minutes then accelerating results in flooding the cylinders with fuel to the point of stalling. Have to power down, wait a minute and restart, then all is fine again. Around town it's problem-free; it's only 50mph and up where problems arise. Really frustrating. Off to the tuner when I have some time. Might have to go with a Haltech if little issues like this keep coming up.

Finished my gauge install. Looks good. Not impressed with the build quality of AEM gauges, though. Two (boost and fuel pressure) out of the three I bought had manufacturer defects which required sending them back for warranty repair. No additional cost, of course, but a PITA. Definitely going back to AutoMeter with my next build.

Next up: clutch upgrade and new tires all around, and a full interior/exterior detail for an upcoming all-Japanese car show. . It never ends.

Old 06-04-2017, 02:01 AM
Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Been a while since I posted, but I finally got the G sitting right and finished some other small details. Last pic is some of the other beasts I currently have

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 02:41 AM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks super good veilsidez!

Old 06-04-2017, 08:28 AM

Cars are all on point Rick as usual. Garage is looking fly!!!!!

Old 06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
The G sits outside now . I like the color choices though!

Old 06-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05-06 Tails, Z-Tube, Coupe Midpipe & Magnaflow Muffler.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?